Dividends/Salary from HK - Pay Tax in Thailand?

I have a trading company in HK but lives full time in Thailand. As I'm not liable for any tax in HK, would dividends and salaries from HK paid to my bank account in Thailand be taxed in Thailand then, and at how much? Will the tax authorises ask me to pay the tax? How does it works?

Edited by inventorinthailand

Yes it would be liable, Thailand taxes any worldwide income of residents that is remitted to Thailand in the same year it is earned.

One very simple solution is to open a personal bank account in Singapore (does not tax non SG income of non residents whatsoever), get dividends paid there, and keep them there until the next Jan 1st before sending whatever amount you need to Thailand, tax free.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Ok, how will they find it out? Or do I have to report it myself?

I did transfer some money 2013 to buy an apartment but I did never bought one. And no one has ever asked any questions. I'm leaving for neighbouring country in a month, and plan to relocate there for an extended period, and would like to bring what's left of it back to HK again. Will I be able to do that? The bank can see that the money came from abroad, right?

From a practical point of view No. It would be a voluntary declaration. Just leave it in another bank outside of Thailand until the following tax year, remit tax free. If you bought money in for a condo its deemed that that income was earns in prior years..

• Like 2