Pattaya Police charge and bail American 'Fast & Furious' driver

webfact

call her what you will...

she fled as fast as she could...and yes, damage done.

If she would have been beaten to a pulp by a mob, that would have been worse.

Nobody died...and no serious injuries. She will pay the price, of course.

Why belabor it further? I would have done a runner to...immediately...if a mob tried to surround me.

• Like 2

I doubt that her name is just "Miss Amanda"

A bit unusual that they don't give her name. Usually they like to provide full name, nationality, passport details etc.

only if she was the victim ...... smile.png

Edited by NeilSA1
  • Like 1

I would very much like to hear her side of the story then we might get the real reason behind this and not TV speculation about what drugs she might of been on or if she was groped or if someone fried to grab her as she was getting in her car. You just don't go on a wrecking spree because you are having a bad hair day or by being blonde.

• Like 1

First thing that came to my mind is: If it happened to be a man, they wouldn't have received him with hugs and that kind of stuff after getting him out of the car.

That video of her trying to escape was pretty bizarre.

Have to agree with Fgwerf, if this was a man, he probably would have taken a very serious beating by the mob, maybe even killed. Bash first and ask questions later.

I think she was very, very lucky that they didn't get her before the police could rescue her.

I'm sure she has an excuse.

Certainly, the Thai police have to put with a lot of crap from foreigners in Thailand and in this instance they were shown to be extremely supportive and kind with Miss Amanda.

On the other side, the British police, I am sure hardly have any incidents with Thai's who visit the UK.

The hassle factor certainly seems to be very one sided for them.

Watch the video. This is why Thai people flee.

That is absolutely sick. Those people need to be taken out and shot.

Agree. This poor fellow was blocked in traffic and had no chance to flee the scene.

Look at that mob. Total strangers passing by, willing to join the pack of dogs.

I'm proud of that American woman for escaping.

She knows the area and was probably panicking trying to get to the police station.

Total crapola. I am sure you would have a different opinion if she had injured or killed someone nearest or dearest to you.

That maniac could have seriously injured or even killed people. The police would have been quite justified in shooting someone in those circumstances considering innocent lives were at high risk, which would probably had been the outcome in her own country.

At the time, this woman was only thinking about herself and never gave a rat`s behind about the safety of others in her path. Sorry, there can be no excuses to justify her actions.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Teaching position vacant ?

Most probably she couldn't handle the stress of teaching students anyway. She already was on medication, thai schools are not the best place if you want to avoid stress in Thailand. But I hope she get some professional help if she decides to stay here.

I just googled this news story. 17 articles.

Every one mentions an angry mob surrounded her car.

Now you know.

It is quite normal for a few onlookers to gather round the scene of an accident. I wonder when they changed into the "angry mob"?

After her first prang, her second, or her thirteenth? After she hit the first injured person, or the second? And still refused to stop? After the police shot out her tyres? After the police had to break into her vehicle?

Let's face it, she had an extraordinary day out, and many people suffered because of her actions. Let's not blame the whole deal on whether people in the area got angry or not.

Afraid I don't buy into your attempts over these 2 threads to deflect the blame away from her

I would very much like to hear her side of the story then we might get the real reason behind this and not TV speculation about what drugs she might of been on or if she was groped or if someone fried to grab her as she was getting in her car. You just don't go on a wrecking spree because you are having a bad hair day or by being blonde.

Very creative.

She was involved in an accident on Siam CC road and drove away from the scene.

Managed to drive the wrong way down Sukhumvit and even turn around.

She refused to give her side of the storey when given the opportunity.

I was fortunate to have driven down Sukhumvit a little earlier than she did.

I got an email from a friend that is close to this situation.

The lady had a small accident and the other party was upset. She stayed in her car waiting for police. A mob formed and tried to force her out of her car.... she panicked, thought she was in serious danger and took off for the police station.

The mob was in pursuit and she turned the wrong way on Sukhumvit.

The Thais caused all this chaos.

Nuff said.

• Like 1

The lady had a small accident and the other party was upset. She stayed in her car waiting for police. A mob formed and tried to force her out of her car.... she panicked, thought she was in serious danger and took off for the police station.

Nuff said.

Ah, the old "email from a friend" deal.

"The Thais caused all this chaos"

Sorry mate, you lost it long ago in this thread, but now you are becoming laughable

Nuff said.

Ah, the old "email from a friend" deal.

"The Thais caused all this chaos"

Sorry mate, you lost it long ago in this thread, but now you are becoming laughable

Yes. The lady in question has ben advised to not discuss the situation.

She is still young and this incident certainly will change her life.

Feel kind of sorry for her to have her vacation end up like this.

None of us know exactly what happened. All I see is guesses.

• Like 1

We know how this will end. She pays her fine then go back to US and tell lies about everything to get symphaty and money from interviews. She will tell how she was threatened and feared her life and how the police extorted money out of here...

We know how this will end. She pays her fine then go back to US and tell lies about everything to get symphaty and money from interviews. She will tell how she was threatened and feared her life and how the police extorted money out of here...

Almost getting lynched twice in one day, in Thailand. That's a pretty damn good story but nobody cares or will be paying her.

You think there is s movie script here or something?

Attacks on foreigners is a daily occurrence around here.

I think maybe her "Amurcinism" kicked in when in a state of panic she hit the Suk intersection. She hung a natural (by her thinking) right hand turn to enter the flow of traffic correctly.

Unfortunately we drive on the opposite side of the road in Thailand (well, most of the time at least).

If she was from a country that drove on the left, this probably wouldn't be a story as the "flight" survival mechanism would have instinctively made her turn left.

On a side note, looking at the video of her performance I can see why it's being called F&F. I thank my lucky stars I wasn't on my scooter in the vicinity and at risk, because I'd be mightily annoyed if she'd hit me.

She is still young and this incident certainly will change her life.

Feel kind of sorry for her to have her vacation end up like this.

None of us know exactly what happened. All I see is guesses.

Vacation ?

Miss Amanda, who came to Thailand 2 months ago and is reportedly working as a foreign language teacher in a local school

I'm guessing said school tore up that contract and she's now penniless in addition to being one of the most hated Farang in Pattaya.

Watch the video. This is why Thai people flee.

That is absolutely sick. Those people need to be taken out and shot.

Agree. This poor fellow was blocked in traffic and had no chance to flee the scene.

Look at that mob. Total strangers passing by, willing to join the pack of dogs.

I'm proud of that American woman for escaping.

She knows the area and was probably panicking trying to get to the police station.

Rubbish the police were chasing her and had to shoot out her tyres,she is a fruitcake ,I am not surprised people were angry I would have been if she hit me and buggered off send her back to the U S A

First thing that came to my mind is: If it happened to be a man, they wouldn't have received him with hugs and that kind of stuff after getting him out of the car.

The odd one may have.
  • Like 2