Ubc Chiang Mai - Siam Tv

tigerbeer

WETV is pretty good IMO.

Great value.

What is good about WETV?

Mostly that it is cheap, but BBC, CNN, pretty good movie channnel, some other goofy -but entertaining - cr*p. :o

Tonnes of good stuff if you're Australian :D

ALL Australian sport - 3 or 4 AFL games per week + 2 NRL games + Wallaby and All Blacks games + Grand Finals and State of Origin Live.

ABC news + current affairs like 'Lateline'.

BBC World. CNN.

If you're a Pom...you may want to note that WETV has three south african sports channels that run all day every day. One is '24 hour football' and shows all the EPL games.

I watched most of the recent world basketball championships also.

Pretty bloody good value for 350 baht a month.

Not much for movies, but who cares. It's great for sport and news.

(I don't watch movies on cable tv and never will...i prefer them with 5.1 sound on dvd)

WETV is pretty good IMO.

Great value.

What is good about WETV?

Mostly that it is cheap, but BBC, CNN, pretty good movie channnel, some other goofy -but entertaining - cr*p. :o

ALL Australian sport - 3 or 4 AFL games per week + 2 NRL games + Wallaby and All Blacks games + Grand Finals and State of Origin Live.

BBC World. CNN.

If you're a Pom...you may want to note that WETV has three south african sports channels that run all day every day. One is '24 hour football' and shows all the EPL games.

(I don't watch movies on cable tv and never will...i prefer them with 5.1 sound on dvd)

Erm, I'm starting to get interested - does it have F1?

I called UBC when my remote control quit working. The lady who answered the phone said she would reset the signal, and I should wait 30 minutes and try again. If it still failed, she gave me the technician phone number to call.

Just curious but why would she reset the signal and ask you to wait 30minutes??? what on earth does the remote control have to do with the transmission???? :o

and guys. WETV does not compare to what UBC has on its channels. face it, we're stuck with a monopoly. 1,400 for gold subscrition with VAT not included. Its got to be totally expensive but hey got not choice.

Why not try JSAT sattelite? A descent set up would cost you 30,000 but you will have a choice of 900 free to air channels. It would be paid back if you currently had UBC Gold for 2 years.

WETV is pretty good IMO.

Great value.

What is good about WETV?

BBC World. CNN.

Erm, I'm starting to get interested - does it have F1?

Not sure re F1. One thing WETV does VERY badly is promote itself. No monthly guide etc / no web site.

Most things I've simply 'found' by watching.

Was a nice bonus to see all the english premier league football on the south african channel as i always thought that was UBC exlusive :D

If you don't mind commercial faire, the WETV movie channel is just as good as HBO or the other big ones. In fact, newer movies I would guess.

How is your picture on that channel mate?

On channels like The Australia Network (37) and BBC etc, I get an excellent picture.

On that movie channel, the picture is terrible...same with a few other channels.

Had the guy tune it twice...seems it's just the way it is as they get their channels from multiple sources.

While on the subject, just wondering if everyone is aware of the contents of a reply I received from UBC re an enquiry I sent to them regarding the compatibility of LCD TVs and UBC reception. This was requested following the experience of a new LCD TV owner/UBC subscriber, I for one was not aware of this problem:

"Thank you very much for your support in our service. With regards to your inquiry about the quality of the picture with plasma screen television, we would like to inform you that currently our service does not support high-definition television system like LCD or plasma screen television. When using LCD or Plasma screen television with UBC equipment, the resolution of the picture will be lessen. The picture might be shattered as UBC transmission quality is equivalent to VCD picture. However, UBC is developing its transmission system as well as equipments to support high-definition television system in the future."

When I wrote back and asked them if/how they made this information available to everyone, to date they have not replied. Apologies if this has been discussed previously. :o

My experiences have always been good with Siam TV/UBC

When I am away for a couple of months they will suspend the service (only pay a service charge)

Problems with the decoder (had it for about eight years) and they were around in quick time and replaced it.

The one beef is (with UBC) that they have dropped the "tri nations" and whilst a lot of poms wouldn't know what that is it is top veiwing for those from the antipodes.

This erks particularly when like last night there were four channels showing that game where the players go around kissing each other and taking off their shirts. "bunch of girls blouses" :o

• 2 years later...