PM says there is no point to sack the Thai police chief

webfact

Tell them Prime Minister, I never doubted your brains.

Your mouth is what I doubt sometimes.........but nobody is perfect in this world.

You must know that the mouth is controlled by the brains.

Shouldn't it read you should know? And while we are at it in ideal cases the brain also controls the fingers on the keyboard.

Of course he wouldn't sack him. The police chief is corrupt, but the Generals type of corrupt.

If people can't see how one sided this clean up is and that the dear leaders excuse of fixing corruption is a total croc of <deleted>!

The armies kind of corrupt is taking 5-10 %. Which is in line with Europe and America (just there it is called different, consulting fee, donation, etc etc)

The Shinawatras (and some other politicians) type of corrupt is take 50% of just everything.

If I have only these choices I take the Generals type of corruption.

You think the Thai army is only taking 5-10%? Then you really are misguided my friend. They are one of the worst offenders and have been before, during and after Thaksin.

Thousands of generals with swollen back accounts beyond their salaries. I know you hate Thaksin but take off the blinkers for a while.

• Like 1

Of course he wouldn't sack him. The police chief is corrupt, but the Generals type of corrupt.

If people can't see how one sided this clean up is and that the dear leaders excuse of fixing corruption is a total croc of <deleted>!

The police chief is corrupt

Any specific examples you want to share or are you just throwing out wild statements like a common TROLL? Being a troll is no way to go through life.

And you honestly believe he got to be a billionaire on a policemans salary?

All the money, he invested in stocks and shares which is a form of gambling which is illegal in Thaiand are the results of shrewd business acumen?

Honestly? Not a single teeny weeny wee doubt he's legit and just worked very hard at his job?

And yet you would be one of the first to be crying foul if this was a Thaksin lackey !!

Amazing Thailand..amazing farangs!!

• Like 1

Your mouth is what I doubt sometimes.........but nobody is perfect in this world.

Yes, everyone has a brain. The problem arises when the following rule is not adheared to: Before opening mouth to speak, make sure the brain is engaged. I might add to that, Before speaking about something, make sure you know what you are talking about. Oh, wait. TIT. Everyone here knows everything about everything. coffee1.gifcheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

The armies kind of corrupt is taking 5-10 %. Which is in line with Europe and America (just there it is called different, consulting fee, donation, etc etc)

The Shinawatras (and some other politicians) type of corrupt is take 50% of just everything.

If I have only these choices I take the Generals type of corruption.

Have a wee look at what's going on in telecoms at the moment - there have been a couple of articles in the UK and US media about it - the fleecing going on right now makes Thaksin look like a rank amatuer.

I'm also bemused by the notion that the Shins were some sort of aberration. At least they did positive things for the country, quite a lot of things. Six decades of military rule before that stripped Thailand at Suharto or Mobutu levels - including Sarit who seems to be some sort of bizarre role model for our current dear leader.

Can you please list all those positive things the the Shinawatras did for the country.

Also you are talking rubbish about 6 decades of military rule before the Shinawatras.

Check here and try to get some facts correct.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_Thailand

Why keep looking back at the transgressions of the shins ?

They're done, theres new snouts in the trough and it's extremely naive to think corruption ended on the 23 May 2014, high profile corruption may well be on the wane, but you can bet as sure as there's shit in a dog, it's still going on all over the country today.

It only becomes a big deal when people are caught, and it's highlighted it's happened.

The speed limit might only be 90kms an hour but people will still drive faster until they're caught or have an accident, corruption is no different.

• Like 1

Yes I have been striving for 77 years to be perfect. I am trying to reach the perfection level so that I may enter Valhalla after Oden takes me in life's battle.

Sack th police chief and replace him with who?

Good question. Another one would be, sack the prime minister and replace him with who. Mr P, warts & all is doing a lot better job than the last couple from Chiang Mai. The country does not need to go back down that ruinous road again. I think we have to sit this one out. I could paraphrase Churchill at this point who said that, "Parliamentary Democracy is the worst possible form of government......... except for all the rest." I have all sorts of recriminations over the current situation but gee-whiz, the country does seem to be a better place to live than a year or two ago. I really do not miss the rampant looting of the state & public coffers or the grenades & shootings.

• Like 1

It's the old saying: Put his mouth in gear before the brain has had time to catch up

Sack th police chief and replace him with who?

Good question. Another one would be, sack the prime minister and replace him with who. Mr P, warts & all is doing a lot better job than the last couple from Chiang Mai. The country does not need to go back down that ruinous road again. I think we have to sit this one out. I could paraphrase Churchill at this point who said that, "Parliamentary Democracy is the worst possible form of government......... except for all the rest." I have all sorts of recriminations over the current situation but gee-whiz, the country does seem to be a better place to live than a year or two ago. I really do not miss the rampant looting of the state & public coffers or the grenades & shootings.

Replace the PM with who? How about replace him with the choice of the people ? Or don't you care what they want?

Right, so you personally witnessed the rampant looting and it made your life absolute Hell in Thailand did it?

Sensationalism much?

So you also kept frequenting in areas where shootings and grenade attacks happened, so you live in the Deep South then? or are you just being sensationalist again?

Do you also wear a t-shirt when you're out and about saying " look at me. I'm a farang millionaire "

Edited by Fat Haggis
  • Like 1

2) You have missed the point entirely. The problem with Thaksin is his megalomaniac controlling desire for power. His massive ego (maybe wanting to compensate for looking like Gollum in side profile) wants to be the supreme leader with everyone kneeling before him. This is what sets him apart from the rank-and-file dirty Thai businessman.

So you think Prayut is less of a megalomaniac (article 44)?

And better looking than Thaksin?

• Like 1

Funny after taking the 50% Shinawatras corruption out the infrastructure scheme, costs have gone up......

Pray tell us more as you seem to have material to compare 'both' schemes ?

According to news reports in July last year the Junta had a infrastructure development budget of 75 billion baht approved, in comparison to that of 63 billion baht approved in 2013 by the then Government. The Junta one was also excluding the HSR.

Being a serial news site voyeur when desperately trying to back up your increasingly fanciful musings, i am sure you are well aware the plans were very similar as widely reported at the time.

Given H90's claim that TS took 50% of everything, then we can deduct that the real cost of the infrastructure scheme should of been about 31.5 billion baht, which means for some unknown reason the Junta are deciding to pay 2.5 times the price for a similar scheme, excluding the HSR and also without the TS tax. Makes you wonder doesn't it..............

As this Govt came into power they promised reform and never before seen transparency in their dealings, so at least the detailed information about what was in their approved budget plan must be close at hand for someone like you..............or not? (Unsurprisingly)

Now if only you would have managed to get the contents of the two infrastructure schemes since you were the one to talk about costs having gone up.

As for transparency, As far as I remember the current government put some normal Ministry of transport items back in the National Budget. Like the ongoing Dual Tracking, road maintenance, and so. In 2013 the then MoT defended the 2.2 trillion infrastructure plan with the suggestion that those activities would suffer if the plan wasn't approved.

Anyway, I doubt any of this has a relation with the National Police Chief or his functioning.

Hadn't thought of it but now that you mention it we are no longer having trains here in Chiang Mai derailing on a regular basis since the Army took over.

What a bunch of stupid idiotic posts, how about debating the issues intelligently. The point being made is that the PM doesnt believe in fortune tellers, unlike the escapee from justice and others who allow them to influence their decisions. Older residents may remenber the case of an ex PM changing his birthdate because the FT told him his bad performance in office was because he was born on an unlucky date.

What a bunch of stupid idiotic posts, how about debating the issues intelligently. The point being made is that the PM doesnt believe in fortune tellers, unlike the escapee from justice and others who allow them to influence their decisions. Older residents may remenber the case of an ex PM changing his birthdate because the FT told him his bad performance in office was because he was born on an unlucky date.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, but he does believe in them, there have been several posts about his astrologer too.