Gen Prayut Tells Fortune Teller to Stop Predicting His Future

Jacob Maslow

The General can't win. If he listens to these so-called fortune tellers he is shot down, and if he tries to stop them he is attacked as well. He should just chuck it in and go shopping. biggrin.png

Agree 100%. He should because is definately not a diplomat and will never be cut out for the job.

"Warin Buawiratlert has told the fortunes of both active and retired generals and politicians. Hes often called the CNS fortune teller as he was consulted by former army chief Gen Sonthi Boonyaratkalin before unseating former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra in the 2006 coup."

Thaksin wasn't unseated in a coup.

Well, how was he unseated back in 2006 ??

Thai journalism - spot the difference:

Gen Prayut Tells Fortune Teller to Stop Predicting His Future

Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered fortune teller Warin Buawiratlert to stop predicting his future

Hey Warin, there is an easy way out - tell him you were just joking!

I bet she didn't predict that one coming!! Charlatans the lot of them!!

Indeed they are. It's somewhat worrying that the man in charge of this Country who has given himself absolute power believes in them.

Then on the other hand the leader of the most powerful country on Earth wouldn't have a snowballs chance of being elected President unless he professed to be a member of an organisation that believes in a non existant being in the sky.

Edited by Toknarok
  • Like 2

Personally what I'd like to do with the lot of these charlatans is ask them how good and accurate they are, and when say " I'm the best, 100% accurate" then slap them hard on the face and then ask " not that good when you couldn't see that coming" ......next!!

Obviously slapping them is assault hence why I've never done it, but having had partners who went to these cheats and liars and asking them what did they say, were they good? Only the gullible and insecure believe in that crap!!

"Warin Buawiratlert has told the fortunes of both active and retired generals and politicians. Hes often called the CNS fortune teller as he was consulted by former army chief Gen Sonthi Boonyaratkalin before unseating former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra in the 2006 coup."

His party perpetrated fraudulent electoral procedures and as a result caused the election of that year to be invalidated.

There was in effect no govt and thaksin wasn't PM.

Caretaker or otherwise.

You can't be unseated if you aren't in the seat.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

Indeed most wars are fought over who's imaginary friend is the toughest imaginary friend on the block.

Not really. That't the popular meme, but it isn't true at all. War is over ressources and land - period. Period.

The religious stuff is added on to get the masses to agree as a point of cultural honor. But there hasn't been a relgious war in a very long time.

• Like 2

Indeed most wars are fought over who's imaginary friend is the toughest imaginary friend on the block.

Not really. That't the popular meme, but it isn't true at all. War is over ressources and land - period. Period.

The religious stuff is added on to get the masses to agree as a point of cultural honor. But there hasn't been a relgious war in a very long time.

Are you sure about that? It seems religion is playing a very very big part in the Middle East today.

IS are not interested in resources or land grabs, they have a plan and an ideology that takes them towards their Armageddon.

There two links I posted in a thread about IS entering the Palestinian refugee camp in Syria that's worth a read.

I can see where you're coming from though and partly agree.

"prophesying that the junta leader would stay in power for three years"

Well, he is right. Prayut took power in 2014 and will hand it back in 2016. That is 3 years.

Someone failed kindergarten maths. Let's simplify it for you. 6 - 4 = ?

Or maybe you graduated Thai high school and are now in charge of the Director generals finance dept

Order several million volumes of ;''the farmers alamac'' give one to each household and put the charlatens out to pasture or put them out doing public service, much more effecient use of man hours and everyone could be exposed to expending a little manual labor/sweat from the old brow.

His party perpetrated fraudulent electoral procedures and as a result caused the election of that year to be invalidated.

Caretaker or otherwise.

That was a false accusation never proved. It was an excuse by neo fascists and murderers to hijack democracy and pave the way for our beloved and much respected military leader.

"prophesying that the junta leader would stay in power for three years"

Well, he is right. Prayut took power in 2014 and will hand it back in 2016. That is 3 years.

Someone failed kindergarten maths. Let's simplify it for you. 6 - 4 = ?

Or maybe you graduated Thai high school and are now in charge of the Director generals finance dept

Not often I agree with Jamie but he's right. If you count 2014,2015 and 2016 as single years then it's 3 years.

I do the same when calculating says paid. If I arrive on the 26th of the month out of 30 days it's classed as 5 days pay, Jamie is counting the year of the Coup.

What you're doing is counting a calendar year from the date of the coup, which would be 2 years ?

I have never met a fortune teller, card reader or other similar "charlatans" who has won a first prize in lottery? Says something about their abilities I think biggrin.png

Damn, I am such a sceptic/skeptic coffee1.gif

This guy is a leader? Can't take anything said against him, no matter how inane the comments or source!

yea ne is like obombster, say anything that is not praise and the great leader gets pissed :-)

Caretaker or otherwise.

That was a false accusation never proved. It was an excuse by neo fascists and murderers to hijack democracy and pave the way for our beloved and much respected military leader.

No.

His party broke the rules during the election and got caught out doing so.

"Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has ordered fortune teller Warin Buawiratlert to stop predicting his future after his prophecy stirred up controversy."

Bet the "fortune teller" didn't see that one coming.

Though to be fair to the PM, if he doesn't want his fortune told and being publicised by charlatans such as this guy, in a country where such nonsense is believed then it shouldn't be.

I know I wouldn't like it.

didn't work out too well for the Junta leader in Myanmar, as I seem to recall. (or for the fortuneteller)