Slow Loris owner arrested by Pattaya Tourist Police on Walking Street

webfact

Slow Loris owner arrested by Pattaya Tourist Police on Walking Street

loris-1.jpg?391a6d

PATTAYA; -- In the early hours of Wednesday Pattaya Tourist Police, assisted by Tourist Police Volunteers, were on routine patrol on Walking Street when they arrested a woman carrying a Slow Loris which was being used to sell pictures with Tourists.

The animal cannot be used for commercial gain and is protected from such activities by the Wildlife Protection Act of 1992.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/182033/slow-loris-owner-arrested-by-pattaya-tourist-police-on-walking-street/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-08

Sad this. Feel sorry for the animal. Hope it is being looked after.

On a similar note. My Thai gf had a pet monkey, which we got from a market. She work as reception at a small hotel and he kept her company when she was on nights. She I know looked after him well and he was great fun. Trained him well even to use a potty.

My point is that when we went for walks around hua him with him so many people came up to ask if can hold him and have a photo.

Gf never liked this and did not allow it when I was with her. But no wonder why this happens as the ones who want to have the photo are as much to blame as the one who does the offer.

• Like 1

On a similar note. My Thai gf had a pet monkey, which we got from a market. She work as reception at a small hotel and he kept her company when she was on nights. She I know looked after him well and he was great fun. Trained him well even to use a potty.

My point is that when we went for walks around hua him with him so many people came up to ask if can hold him and have a photo.

Gf never liked this and did not allow it when I was with her. But no wonder why this happens as the ones who want to have the photo are as much to blame as the one who does the offer.

And you are wrong to even have a monkey. Shame on YOU.

Its nice to see them (Pattaya Police) uphold a law (esp a wildlife law) - for once. Now if they could just move a few meters north and start to sort out the shame that is beach road.

Shame? oh, you mean the pickpockets. I can't think of any other shame on Beach Road.

If you don't like what else goes on there, then don't go there. Simples.

• Like 1

The last time I went to the tiger zoo in SriRacha there was an Orang sitting there - and you paid money for a picture. It was totally depressing, many loved it - especially the Chinese .

The tiger zoo is appalling - it's all to do with education. Probably by the end of this century, many species will have become extinct.

With a bit of luck that might include Homo sapiens sapiens

I just Googled this, very interesting -

The slow loris is one of the only poisonous mammals in the world. Its subtle nature makes it popular in the illegal pet trade, but unknowing humans should stay clear of its toxin, which is released from the sides of its elbows. When threatened, the loris takes the toxin into its mouth and mixes it with saliva. The animal will also lick its hair to deter predators from attack. The toxin can cause death by anaphylactic shock.

Read more: http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/photos/15-cute-animals-that-could-kill-you/slow-loris#ixzz3WhG2GoRS

The slow loris is one of the only poisonous mammals in the world. Its subtle nature makes it popular in the illegal pet trade, but unknowing humans should stay clear of its toxin, which is released from the sides of its elbows. When threatened, the loris takes the toxin into its mouth and mixes it with saliva. The animal will also lick its hair to deter predators from attack. The toxin can cause death by anaphylactic shock.

Read more: http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/photos/15-cute-animals-that-could-kill-you/slow-loris#ixzz3WhG2GoRS

I read that they operate on the Loris to get rid of the poison, maybe their fangs and glands. Also they inject the poor thing with a sedative, so it will not show its true temperiment

They have a slow loris cartel at Chatachuak weekend market they sell them for about 7000 b.........there always getting arrested....as they cant get away fast enough from dozen or so dedectives on the task force.....

And you are wrong to even have a monkey. Shame on YOU.

Moonwolf is the pet monkey

I read that they operate on the Loris to get rid of the poison, maybe their fangs and glands. Also they inject the poor thing with a sedative, so it will not show its true temperiment

They rip out the teeth (no anesthetic) so they can't bite and administer the venom

They rip out the teeth (no anesthetic) so they can't bite and administer the venom

You two just made that up....

Edited by LennyW

You two just made that up....

You are wrong. Go take a look at one. Sedatives are not so much used (they are "slow" after all) as ya-ba to keep them active.

Edited by phuketandsee

Now i know you are making it up ya numpty, do they visit a pharmacy in the wild too, coz they look the same there, i can just imagine it..or please prove otherwise.

Pharmacist...how can i help you,

Loris... i need something to perk me up.

Pharmacist.....no you don't, you are a slow loris

Loris......but i want to be fast

Pharmacist......aint gonna happen

Loris.....why?

Pharmacist......coz that is the way it is

Loris....okay i will find another pharmacy

Pharmacist.....good luck with that

Loris.....why?

Pharmacist......because us jungle chemists are very rare

Loris.......oh, .....and walks off into the sunset

Edited by LennyW
  • Like 1