decent burger

willfreeman

Been here a couple of times since they've opened. I'd rate the burger as the second best I've had in Thailand (best was from a little hole in the wall on Koh Chang), but the fries are without a doubt the best I have here. I'm on a food budget too, but I can afford to come here once a week for a great meal. Look at what a burger/fries/coke costs in Burger King and you won't complain and the quality doesn't come close to Classic Burger.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been here a couple of times since they've opened. I'd rate the burger as the second best I've had in Thailand (best was from a little hole in the wall on Koh Chang), but the fries are without a doubt the best I have here. I'm on a food budget too, but I can afford to come here once a week for a great meal. Look at what a burger/fries/coke costs in Burger King and you won't complain and the quality doesn't come close to Classic Burger.

I'm curious; I enjoy a burger too but how does it ever get rated as a "great meal"? I've eaten zillions of the darn things around the planet but not one, ever, has been a "great meal".

what good luck for classic burgers. Band new member and the 1st thing you do is write a review for a burger joint. hmmm

I'm curious; I enjoy a burger too but how does it ever get rated as a "great meal"? I've eaten zillions of the darn things around the planet but not one, ever, has been a "great meal".

Bruno's - San Francisco....

Went to Damn Good Burger today on Nimman 17.

What is it with some of the burger joints here that make a 3cm tall rock? The chips were Macro specials (fine, but not memorable).

Just got to wait until the missus gets back from Udon Stani as hers are far better than anything I've had anywhere else.

Beast Burger's new restaurant is shaping up quite nicely. They're the best I've bought here.

Why not.. Sure its not 'fine dining' but some burgers are far beyond the junk food fast food maccas nastyness..

I dont see why this cant be a 'great meal'

food-lokee-15.jpg

And yeah.. I tend to think Rock me is still the standard which others must beat.. But I dont eat burgers that often so theres a few mentioned here I havent yet tried.

Why not.. Sure its not 'fine dining' but some burgers are far beyond the junk food fast food maccas nastyness..

amen !! just came back from Rock me Burger and it was flawless. Could only eat had so they packed up the burger, fries and rings and tonight i re-heat it in the oven

food-lokee-15.jpg

And yeah.. I tend to think Rock me is still the standard which others must beat.. But I dont eat burgers that often so theres a few mentioned here I havent yet tried.

i tried classic burger because of this thread and It was really really good, however I'm always the only person eating there. When I ride by it's always empty. ??

did you ask him about his work permit while you were there?

i tried classic burger because of this thread and It was really really good, however I'm always the only person eating there. When I ride by it's always empty. ??

And why would he ?as its none of his business .Do you want to know if he is paying income tax also ?

food-lokee-15.jpg

I thought Rock Me Burger was pretty good but not within 400 miles of a "great meal".

food-lokee-15.jpg

I thought Rock Me Burger was pretty good but not within 400 miles of a "great meal".

where have you actually eaten "a great meal" within 400 miles

food-lokee-15.jpg

Looks like its been in a road accident,you are going to make a right mess if you are going to try and eat it.

regards Worgeordie

Here's another irrelevant question: Are you still beating your wife? Let's get to the bottom of that one before investigating your neighbors.

food-lokee-15.jpg

That looks terrible! That's not a burger. it's a meal with the components of a burger - and then some. How would one eat that? With a knife and fork???

I suppose in the cullinary world its what they call a 'deconstructed' burger...in the real world we call it a bloody mess because the cook (I wont use the word chef) is too lazy to make a proper burger.

But then I could be wrong.....

I guess my definition of a good burger must differ from some of these places that serve up burgers made with this tower trend. Stuffed full of salad, pickles, gunk and whatever and stacked 9" high with a crap burger that they've tried to make look like a fillet steak, smothered in cheap mayo and/or some other dressing.

My idea of a good burger is a tasty moist patty, maybe with a leaf or two of lettuce, tomato and onion AND that I can then eat with one hand and enjoy it without having to snap my jaw bone open to eat it, without squirting 8 oz of gunk and goo all over the place our without having to resort to using a knife and fork. Places that serve up stuff looking like the above pic to me have lost the plot as to what a burger is.

I guess my definition of a good burger must differ from some of these places that serve up burgers made with this tower trend. Stuffed full of salad, pickles, gunk and whatever and stacked 9" high with a crap burger that they've tried to make look like a fillet steak, smothered in cheap mayo and/or some other dressing.

My idea of a good burger is a tasty moist patty, maybe with a leaf or two of lettuce, tomato and onion AND that I can then eat with one hand and enjoy it without having to snap my jaw bone open to eat it, without squirting 8 oz of gunk and goo all over the place our without having to resort to using a knife and fork. Places that serve up stuff looking like the above pic to me have lost the plot as to what a burger is.

I don't really want any kind of salad on burger; it's not health food, there's no need to pretend. Cheese and bacon are excellent accompaniments. I can live with mushrooms, eggs, more cheese, even more cheese, and that's about it. When I want a salad, I'll have a salad. No need to mix two meal concepts to come up with something less tasty than either on their own. In particular veggies make the bun soggy on a burger... and I hate that.

food-lokee-15.jpg

That looks terrible! That's not a burger. it's a meal with the components of a burger - and then some. How would one eat that? With a knife and fork???

If you want to be civilised, then yes.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

I can honestly say that this evening I had the very best hamburger in Chiang Mai!

It was 75% ground beef and 25% ground pork. Together, it was 75% lean meat and 25% hard fat.

Seasoned with salt, freshly ground black pepper, crushed garlic and finely minced onion, and with just a dash of smoked paprika,

This was cooked medium rare on a very hot grill, topped with thinly sliced onion and with a slab of Cheddar cheese melted on top, it was served on a toasted bun still warm from the oven. A buttered baked potato and small salad with Balsamic Vinegar dressing went with it.

Heaven. Pure and simple... heaven. :)

I can honestly say that this evening I had the very best hamburger in Chiang Mai!

It was 75% ground beef and 25% ground pork. Together, it was 75% lean meat and 25% hard fat.

Seasoned with salt, freshly ground black pepper, crushed garlic and finely minced onion, and with just a dash of smoked paprika,

This was cooked medium rare on a very hot grill, topped with thinly sliced onion and with a slab of Cheddar cheese melted on top, it was served on a toasted bun still warm from the oven. A buttered baked potato and small salad with Balsamic Vinegar dressing went with it.

Heaven. Pure and simple... heaven. :)

Made it yourself aye?

Heaven. Pure and simple... heaven. smile.png

No doubt you make the best pizza too.

Heaven. Pure and simple... heaven. smile.png

Made it yourself aye?

Is there any other way to get it exactly right? Just the right balance of fat to lean, just the right seasonings....

Cooked to my personal preference of 'done-ness,' and dressed with just what I love! I can't imagine it any better... unless it was done on a BBQ grill! But I don't have one of those!

No doubt you make the best pizza too.

No... wish I could though. It would solve a lot of pizza woes for us. I can make a good crust, and I can make tasty Italian sausage, but still need work on the sauce.

But we don't have an oven that will get hot enough to do it right, so we're stuck until we do.

classic burger fancies themselves as a breakfast Mecca however I ride by there a number of times a day early morning and have never seen a human being eating breakfast there. has there lunch burger business suffered the same fate?

has anybody ever eaten breakfast there and was it good?

Classic burger's got a parking problem. I went once when they first opened and wasn't impressed. Better places around with easier access . I don't know about there breakfast though.

Rock me burger also has a parking problem but it's always full. it's more than parking. classic is a one trick pony and rock me while still focusing on burgers as does classic. Rock has an abundance of sides whereas classic only offers fries. the other day a friend ordered fried chicken and it was perfect. but getting back to classics breakfast menu who has ever eaten breakfast there and was it any good?

Rock me burger also has a parking problem but it's always full. it's more than parking. classic is a one trick pony and rock me while still focusing on burgers as does classic. Rock has an abundance of sides whereas classic only offers fries. the other day a friend ordered fried chicken and it was perfect. but getting back to classics breakfast menu who has ever eaten breakfast there and was it any good?

A friend of mine who doesn't like beef ordered the breakfast instead of the burger the other day. It was ok, but nothing that any of us would be coming back for.

I'd agree that there are places with more tasty burgers, but to me, one of the nicest things about Classic burger is that it is

has a nice and mild taste. It's a burger one can eat often without getting bored, and the vegetables added on it are nice and fresh. Skip the sauce/mayo and fries, and you have what is a decent meal, healthwise too.

Other things I like about it:

a) Very consistent in taste and presentation. Almost like one of the burger chains, but still has an obvious home-made feel about it.

B) Staff is nice and friendly.

c) The buns are one of the best I've had anywhere. Perhaps the best.

d) Fries are great too. So great that even though I normally don't eat fries, even when free, I sometimes order them.

e) The pickle is great, and I normally don't like pickles.

In short, I'm a fan. Only thing I don't like much that it takes them too long to make the burger. I'd expect to wait around that long at a fine dining restaurant, but don't understand why it takes them so long here.

A friend of mine who doesn't like beef ordered the breakfast instead of the burger the other day. It was ok, but nothing that any of us would be coming back for.

I'd agree that there are places with more tasty burgers, but to me, one of the nicest things about Classic burger is that it is

has a nice and mild taste. It's a burger one can eat often without getting bored, and the vegetables added on it are nice and fresh. Skip the sauce/mayo and fries, and you have what is a decent meal, healthwise too.

Other things I like about it:

a) Very consistent in taste and presentation. Almost like one of the burger chains, but still has an obvious home-made feel about it.

B) Staff is nice and friendly.

c) The buns are one of the best I've had anywhere. Perhaps the best.

d) Fries are great too. So great that even though I normally don't eat fries, even when free, I sometimes order them.

e) The pickle is great, and I normally don't like pickles.

In short, I'm a fan. Only thing I don't like much that it takes them too long to make the burger. I'd expect to wait around that long at a fine dining restaurant, but don't understand why it takes them so long here.

if something is consistent in taste and presentation that's not saying much. it could be consistently mediocre. and it's certainly can't be considered an accolade. comparing it to burger chains also doesn't want to make me run back either. I'm happy that you like the fries even though you don't like fries and that you like the pickles even though you normally don't like pickles.

Archived