decent burger

willfreeman

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every now and then the burger and pizza crew on ThaiVisa picks up on a mediocre but unoffensive burger or pizza joint and praises the hell out of it.

Only if its sub 150 baht.

is that what you feel happened with classic burgers a mediocre and inoffensive burger joint that members praised just for fun to see what would happen

Every now and then the burger and pizza crew on ThaiVisa picks up on a mediocre but unoffensive burger or pizza joint and praises the hell out of it.

is that what you feel happened with classic burgers a mediocre and inoffensive burger joint that members praised just for fun to see what would happen
I wouldn't presume to know people's motives. Whether it's due to boredom, because it's big fun, or just because of a lack of taste, is not for me to say. But my guess would be that people who are praising the place really liked it.

I wouldn't presume to know people's motives. Whether it's due to boredom, because it's big fun, or just because of a lack of taste, is not for me to say. But my guess would be that people who are praising the place really liked it.

Then what exactly inspired you to write that sentence ?

Okay - Classic Burger has had its time in the spotlight - some people like it, some people dislike it (surprise!) and some people are upset that others disagree with them (bigger surprise!)

Can we have a new contender for discussion / dissection ? ;)

Burgers are like girls/women.They are all lovely and at the same time different.I would not want to eat the same burger all the time as I would not want to sleep with the same girls/ woman all the time. This of course does not apply to some of our upstanding gentlemen whose wrists may be a little limp.Here in Chiang Mai we do have a lovely selection of women and burgers.

This thread may get Classic Burgers a lot of first time customers but not so many second time customers. I tried both Classic Burgers and Rock Me Burgers in the same week as a result of this thread and in my opinion Rock Me Burgers wins hands down. I would never go back to Classic Burgers after going to Rock Me Burgers.

This thread may get Classic Burgers a lot of first time customers but not so many second time customers. I tried both Classic Burgers and Rock Me Burgers in the same week as a result of this thread and in my opinion Rock Me Burgers wins hands down. I would never go back to Classic Burgers after going to Rock Me Burgers.

I agree 100%. It seems that novice business owners have no vision as to what happens after the first burst of enthusiasm of a new restaurant.

I noticed that they have a huge sign saying "if your not happy with your burger ITS FREE" Maybe we should hasten their eventual decline by everybody who feels that they've been let down in classic burgers to demand a free burger. Let's see how long they can withstand that barrage of dissatisfied customers.

Same here. Also this week. Agree 100%.

I did see mention a few posts back that maybe Aussie Burgers is the best of the lot. Unless I've got it wrong though, and am looking at the wrong Facebook page, the Facebook page says closed an moved to Bangkok, which as far as getting a good burger in CM is concerned is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Restricting it to places still operating and IN Chiang Mai would be a lot more use. I had a fantastic burger in LA once - yeah, and...????

I was on my way there to have lunch just to give them one more try. It was empty at 12:20pm and I felt odd being the only one there so I passed. It seems even for free they are not getting any takersattachicon.gifIMG_6408.jpg

But the again, they are still new and tourism is pretty low right now. Things could still pick up for them when there are more tourists around and if they gets some buzz on TripAdvisor and similar forums.

I was on my way there to have lunch just to give them one more try. It was empty at 12:20pm and I felt odd being the only one there so I passed. It seems even for free they are not getting any takersattachicon.gifIMG_6408.jpg

But the again, they are still new and tourism is pretty low right now. Things could still pick up for them when there are more tourists around and if they gets some buzz on TripAdvisor and similar forums.

Meanwhile they have rent and staff wages to pay .

post-254845-0-14412700-1459746748_thumb.

Classic burgers has this spray mist cooling system designed to cool off their customers. Well let me tell you if they are using city water which is not intended for consumption, when this water is atomised it can enter the pulmonary system. If you ingest it, it could cause gastrointestinal problems, however if you breath in the same water it's particles are so small that that it could enter your lungs and that is no walk in the park. I believe that's how legionaries disease started. I'm not suggesting that Classic burgers is the only one doing that but it's worth avoiding if you can.

I'm currently in Antwerp and I'm looking forward to returning to Chiang Mai. They have good burgers here if you want to pay through the nose for them.

Went to one restaurant last night and thought about a nice big beef,cheese and bacon burger.....then I saw the price tag. At 677 baht (17 Euro) I finished my beer, paid the bill and left.

Papa Rocks burgers at 250baht look better for both my appetite and wallet. They are big burgers and very juicy too.

Reading new2cm1 posts makes me wonder at his deep interest in this thread and desire to constantly slam and wish to doom classic burgers, now this about the very common mist cooling system? very strange. City water is most likely ok and have not heard of any problems with the misting. This is getting strange.

Also to add, most of these mist systems run through a filter system. Not unlike those that people attach to their own drinking water faucet.

Personally I don't have and never have had a problem with the mist systems.

Some posters seem to have a vested interest in trying to eliminate competitors. Personally, I welcome a wide range of choices and count the Classic Burgers among the places I will return to. I enjoy Soi1, Dukes and some others too. I haven't tried Fat Elvis and Rock Me Burgers yet, but they are on my list to do.

I agree 100%. It seems that novice business owners have no vision as to what happens after the first burst of enthusiasm of a new restaurant.

I noticed that they have a huge sign saying "if your not happy with your burger ITS FREE" Maybe we should hasten their eventual decline by everybody who feels that they've been let down in classic burgers to demand a free burger. Let's see how long they can withstand that barrage of dissatisfied customers.

Do you own a burger restaurant? All your posts are so negative towards classic burger. Do you want them to close?

Not saying that they have an easy road ahead of them, just that there is no reason to assume that they will fail. Certainly there are lots of examples of people who start up a restaurant in Chiang Mai without enough funds to slog through slow times before the become "established", we don't know that's the case here.

Not saying that they have an easy road ahead of them, just that there is no reason to assume that they will fail. Certainly there are lots of examples of people who start up a restaurant in Chiang Mai without enough funds to slog through slow times before the become "established", we don't know that's the case here.

I'm currently in Antwerp and I'm looking forward to returning to Chiang Mai. They have good burgers here if you want to pay through the nose for them.

Went to one restaurant last night and thought about a nice big beef,cheese and bacon burger.....then I saw the price tag. At 677 baht (17 Euro) I finished my beer, paid the bill and left.

Papa Rocks burgers at 250baht look better for both my appetite and wallet. They are big burgers and very juicy too.

Buy a big cigar instead .Far cheaper in Antwerpen than Chiang Mai .

Reading new2cm1 posts makes me wonder at his deep interest in this thread and desire to constantly slam and wish to doom classic burgers, now this about the very common mist cooling system? very strange. City water is most likely ok and have not heard of any problems with the misting. This is getting strange.

Puzzling indeed. Wonder if he observes that place he mentioned selling the bbq-ed sea urchins (or whatever it was), which he also does not like, with the same interest?

Passing by a burger place he does not like several times a day, noting the number of customers every time? Bizzare.

Repeatedly posting about how bad their burgers are? More than just a little strange.

I'm guessing Classic Burgers are doing something right if a competitor, or the competitor's nephew Baldrick, are so worried about them that they thinks it's a cunning plan to repeatedly slam a new competitor here. Fortunately enough, the burgers there are not so expensive that one cannot try one for oneself at least once and see. 150B for the cheeseburger I think, or if you don't care about the extra calories/fat, pay a little bit more and get the set with what are some of the best fries I've ever had.

Classic burgers has this spray mist cooling system designed to cool off their customers. Well let me tell you if they are using city water which is not intended for consumption, when this water is atomised it can enter the pulmonary system. If you ingest it, it could cause gastrointestinal problems, however if you breath in the same water it's particles are so small that that it could enter your lungs and that is no walk in the park. I believe that's how legionaries disease started. I'm not suggesting that Classic burgers is the only one doing that but it's worth avoiding if you can.

Give it a rest already.

I had a Dukes Single Bacon Cheese burger the other day (from Maya). I was drooling over the monster burgers on the menu, but from experience, I know everything is oversized at Dukes and sensibly opted for a single burger.

I enjoyed the burger and have nothing negative to say about it (except I didn't eat the accompaning dressing (pink, looked like 100 Island) as I've never enjoyed their dressings in the past).

The hand cut fries are 'ok' - would've preferred proper chips. They're certainly a vast improvement on the fies from McShit.

I'd happily order this again, but I might try Rock Me next as so many people have said positive things about their burgers.

Archived