UDD's request to commemorate 2010 bloodshed rejected

webfact

Seen a news report of a memorial prayer meeting at a temple in Patumthani province.

Really feel for those who lost love ones. Hard enough they don't have closure; now denied to mourn by the Government. I hope the government will not stop the Patumthani memorial prayer gathering or place soldiers in the temple.

@rixalex good find I concede your point and have not seen that before. One would have though they would have burned the place down after being slaughtered and only part of a mall was burned. I don't condone it by any means but the current treatment to them by the Junta is only deepening the divide.

Far more than "only part of a mall" was burned.

Were you in Thailand at the time?

Yes I was and I owned a shop in one of Central's owned mall at the time which had to close on that day so my memory is very clear. Thier protest area was confined on a public road. They did not take over airports, govermment buildings, and dump bodies off bridges. It is obious from you and your yellow supporters and Junta lovers that everything is Thaksins falt directly and thai people who support his policies cannot think for themselves and are just pawns who shot themselves. How dare they want to have a 5 year memorial!

The damage was confined to a very very small area.

Lie 1: protest area was confined on a public road.

Lie 2: They didn't take over government buildings.

Lie 3: the damage was confined to a very very small area.

If I am lying prove me wrong. I stand by my statements!

Eric you were right the planned anniversery of the 2010 crackdown was cancelled after soldiers and police arrived at the temple in Pathumthani to stop anyone taking part in the event. Yet a similar event to commerate a soldier killed at the same crackdown went ahead today.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1428581393&section=11

• Like 1

Reform at it's best.

Forgive and forget...nah!

Amnesty anyone?

It seems the 2014 commemoration was skipped, but in 2013 we had

"1. We want to express our deepest gratitude and respect for the heroes who have lost their lives in our fight to bring power to the people and in our struggle for true democracy in Thailand.

We, the living, will keep on fighting for this noble cause and we will not stop until we will have succeeded in order to make sure that these lives were not lost in vain.

- See more at: http://thairedshirts.org/2013/05/21/udd-statement-on-may-19th-2013/#sthash.1bALFSBi.dpuf"

Eric you were right the planned anniversery of the 2010 crackdown was cancelled after soldiers and police arrived at the temple in Pathumthani to stop anyone taking part in the event. Yet a similar event to commerate a soldier killed at the same crackdown went ahead today.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1428581393&section=11

Think you are a little confused mate!!

This is what took place today:

Japanese Minister of Foreign Affairs Katsuya Okada lays flowers at the spot where Japanese journalist Hiroyuki Muramoto was shot dead during the clashes, 23 April 2010Image 2

Edited by JOC
  • Like 1

Ok, so I read the link you kindly provided - but in what way are the events similar?

The officers wife, family and friends held a merit making ceremony in a wat which some one decided was newsworthy and reported it in a news article.

As opposed to:-

An event that was planned by a political / para military organisation, announced and promoted in public with full understanding that it would cause issues in the current political environment and where the events are subject to various judicial inquires. The event was promoted and milked for political goals.

I personally know of one of the families of a deceased (red protestor) that held a merit ceremony in a Wat that was very similar to that of the officers merit ceremony. If I had been in the locality I would have happily attended. Fortunately they were allowed their privacy, dignity and not used as a political pawn as the deceased had been used in life and others are been used in their death.

The facts are not similar issanaus, they rarely are when red supporters present their cases, but they still play the desperate "discrimination" card and rely on gaining sympathy for the loss of lives in 2010.

Some red posters go to great lengths trawling the internet looking for anything they can use to further their cause, in the case above from a Turkish state run press agency.

I find it hard to feel sympathy towards anything when "black-clad men used automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades" are involved.

"Col. Romklao Thuwatham was among five soldiers killed five years ago when a group of black-clad men used automatic weapons and rocket-propelled grenades to push back the military. Twenty civilians and a Japanese cameraman also lost their lives in the violence in Bangkok’s historic district."

Also whoever wrote the article was very selective when stating the facts. Sometimes it is what is omitted that stands out, not what is printed -

"Between February and May 2010, the Red Shirts had demonstrated to call for early elections before the protest was crushed by the army on May 19 with the loss of more than 90 lives."

All Wilsonandson has done is to highlight yet another one-eyed red website.