Three Thai men arrested for assaulting Briton

Thaivisa News

10 days into April and 10 gang attacks reported.

These are just the attacks that make the press. I'll bet a majority of these assaults don't make the press.

Are we even seeing 10% of the assaults, robberies or druggings in the paper? I don't think so.

Here we have 6 Thais beat on this Brit and the day before.. 5 Thais beat an Indian unconscious.

http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/183119/british-bar-owner-fights-off-gang-of-youths-in-east-pattaya/

And 25 Thais died on the first day of Songkran madness, the majority courtesy of alcohol and speeding - I dont think they get too worked up over gang attacks. If previous Songkran periods are any indication, ~600 Thais will die on the roads this Songkran - I guess it helps if you firmly believe that your time is preordained. As for the point you are trying to make, this is the thread for it:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/816521-are-we-not-valued-as-people-here/

Have at it.

Brits + alchohol + Pattaya = another shameful story every week.

Why specifically Brits, I think you could substitute quite a few other nationalities, particularly Thai?

Along with my compatriots from Oz and our good friends from Russia the Brits do feature heavily in PattayaOne's relentless expose of assaults and violent crime in Pattaya.

@dirtycash if 99% of the bargirls in and around Buakhow have been anywhere near your willy, chances are that you were the instigator. The only working 'girls' I know who resort to that with someone they dont know - particularly sober - are katoeys. The desperation in the area you mention is palpable and I doubt the current shower is improving their business prospects atm.

The Brit was way out of order. The most common complaint from all the expats here is "the problem is that a lot of guys who come here think all of the girls here are available and go about treating them like they are". You don't grab any female off the street and physically touch them, in your home country you would be charged with assault for doing just that. Be a bit more respectful guys, not all women are available and keep your hands to yourself and maybe you will enjoy Pattaya incident free just like all the other long term expats do.

Fully agree - and it shouldn't matter whether it's Pattaya, Bangkok, or Phuket. The girl in the street may be somebody's wife/girlfriend/sister who is merely on her way home, or to meet somebody, or any number of reasons that should not warrant a "groping" from a drunken foreigner, whereas the girls in the bars will soon let you know if they are "available" or not.

Unfortunately,(in my neck of the woods in the UK ), a great percentage of the people tend to think that anyone who comes to Thailand on holiday is some kind of pervert, anyway, so if they do decide to come here, then they decide to act the part!

Brits + alchohol + Pattaya = another shameful story every week.

Why specifically Brits, I think you could substitute quite a few other nationalities, particularly Thai?

Along with my compatriots from Oz and our good friends from Russia the Brits do feature heavily in PattayaOne's relentless expose of assaults and violent crime in Pattaya.

Well Thais do too but I just felt it was because they make up the numbers.

ie Brits are the major foreign group there.

Edited by jacko45k

This young 'lady' and the Finnish boyfriend own a Pattaya bar.

She is collecting bar fines and sending her staff home with drunks but suffers indignation when her bottom gets a pinch?

Pimping is legal and pinching not?

The defenders of these thai guys are really laughable and clearly show they have no clue what is going in Pattaya.

Prattling on about a drunk who touched a woman and calling it sexual assault....what a joke even more laughable when you consider she sells other women for sexual services.

I guess then all those katoeys that hang around Pattaya who try to hug you are also guilty of sexual assault then?

Good luck with getting the police to lock them all up!

Edited by Rimmer
no need to be explicit
  • Like 1

She is collecting bar fines and sending her staff home with drunks but suffers indignation when her bottom gets a pinch?

The defenders of these thai guys are really laughable and clearly show they have no clue what is going in Pattaya.

Prattling on about a drunk who touched a woman and calling it sexual assault....what a joke even more laughable when you consider she sells other women for sexual services.

I guess then all those katoeys that hang around Pattaya who try to hug you are also guilty of sexual assault then?

Someone touching you in a sexual manner when NOT INVITED to is sexual assault.

Clearly you think you know everything about everything...going on as though everyone on here is clueless while you know it all. Ex SAS by any chance?

My wife is Thai, not a bar girl but still I doubt that would matter to this guy, if he'd pinched her backside then he'd have suffered a lot worse than what these Thai guys did to him.

Oh, and if Pattaya is so bad....erm , why do you live there? Martyr or trouble maker yourself?

Clearly you think you know everything about everything...going on as though everyone on here is clueless while you know it all. Ex SAS by any chance?

My wife is Thai, not a bar girl but still I doubt that would matter to this guy, if he'd pinched her backside then he'd have suffered a lot worse than what these Thai guys did to him.

Oh, and if Pattaya is so bad....erm , why do you live there? Martyr or trouble maker yourself?

Have a look in the mirror mate.

Have a look in the mirror mate.

Just did, failing to see your point.....all I could see is a good looking open minded individual with sunburn.

• Like 1

Luxfare, that fits the description of a bloke I just saw running down Buakhow with a water pistol and a pair of safety goggles shouting 'I'll <deleted> kill you ALLLLLLL !' laugh.png

Nah, not me.......I refuse to run in this heat.....after 10 singha beers the rest would be a possibility though.

Tolley and jamesjohnsonthird, let's forget for a moment what started this and focus on the fact that your drunken, Nancyboy Brit mate was full of vinegar when initially confronted by the Thais - having already shown the Finn what a big man he was - he seemingly lost interest after a single slap from one of the Thais but then went back to being Mr Mouth when they started to walk away. Do you really think he would have made it to the door of the convenience store if they'd laid into him from the outset ? If you go back and look at the video, he went down very quickly after the assault - clearly not the streetfighter he thought he was earlier. If the Thais had wanted a piece of him, they could clearly have decked him well before he tried to run and hide behind the skirts of whoever he could find in the convenience store.

Is 3-on-1 cowardly ? To our collective way of thinking, absolutely, but he bought that on himself. The fact that he wasn't willing to live with the consequences of his actions, however you two view said actions, tells me we are dealing with more than one coward here. This isnt a guy who staggered out of a bar only to be set upon by 3 Thais without warning - its an idiot who went out of his way to dig himself in deeper with each passing second. If the vast majority of the Pattaya regulars here can go into central Pattaya and come home without a scratch on them, then we must be doing something your mate isnt : even 3 sheets to the wind, I dont go around laying my hands on other people. Would I like to see the katoeys locked up for assault ? Yes I would, but who in their right mind would try to lay charges on them when its clear the BiB cant even be bothered enforcing the law in most parts of Pattaya at night ? I can avoid katoeys - I cant avoid random, belligerent drunks or young Thai guys with a problem : what your mate has done is reinforce the notion that Farang visitors to Pattaya are absolute dicks with no understanding of the speed with which things can go south here.

The Thais and the Brit should all be charged for their part in this and its my understanding that's what has happened - let's move on, shall we ?

+1 thumbsup.gif

Edited by Yahooka

I understand where your coming from, but just one question, what if the other bloke was Mike Tyson, what would you then do.

The point I'm trying to make is "might is not always wright"

I understand where your coming from, but just one question, what if the other bloke was Mike Tyson, what would you then do.

The point I'm trying to make is "might is not always wright"

I doubt Mike Tyson would be walking around Pattaya groping women.....he keeps that sort of behavior for hotel rooms

Allegedly.... my lawyer advises I add.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Here's the problem... The farang knew he was outnumbered and running for cover when the Thai gang ran went after him on the offensive and beat him severely...

Sorry but it was not defensive intervention...they beat him b/c of their hatred and resentment towards westerners...same thing could happen to Finn bf so it should be a warning to him

Bet ya the BF 's money trickles down to GF's brother....

If the BF's money trickles down to the GF's brother, then where would be the hatred and resentment?

By your reckoning, the BF should get a punch in the mouth everytime the brother gets anything.

There is probably a case to answer for the Thai guys and the English bloke for " having a grope ". If the Thai guys are found guilty then they will suffer the outcome and if the English guy is found guilty he should be put on the international register of sexual offenders list so it will show up at any country he visits when he goes through passport control as a reminder to his errant ways.

• Like 1

There is probably a case to answer for the Thai guys and the English bloke for " having a grope ". If the Thai guys are found guilty then they will suffer the outcome and if the English guy is found guilty he should be put on the international register of sexual offenders list so it will show up at any country he visits when he goes through passport control as a reminder to his errant ways.

You havin a laff aren't you?

So even if he did cop a feel of this gal does it warrant three thai men bashing him up?

If it did happen it just gave the thai guys an excuse or good opportunity to bash someone up who was pretty pissed and not really likely to cause these three guys any problems.

Does someone sexually assaulting your sister warrant you kicking off??

Erm....yes, very much so.

You come across as a typical, "I'm farang and can do as I please". You cop a feel of my wife and what those 3 did will pale in comparison.

It seems you have very little idea of what goes on in Pattaya?

We are not talking the pillars of society here.

So save your moral judgements and righteous indignation for people who deserve it.

And so everyone should just accept it and allow it to continue?

So even if he did cop a feel of this gal does it warrant three thai men bashing him up?

If it did happen it just gave the thai guys an excuse or good opportunity to bash someone up who was pretty pissed and not really likely to cause these three guys any problems.

You come across as a typical, "I'm farang and can do as I please". You cop a feel of my wife and what those 3 did will pale in comparison.

So save your moral judgements and righteous indignation for people who deserve it.

Good luck with your moral crusade in Pattaya you will need it.

Good luck with your moral crusade in Pattaya you will need it.

So why live in Pattaya?

If you choose to live somewhere that you believe is a corrupted war zone full of scumbags and scammers then erm....you've only got yourself to blame. Why not try Syria, I hear it's lovely this time of year.

• Like 2