Three Thai men arrested for assaulting Briton

Thaivisa News

The way I read it, the British guy assaulted a female at 3 in the morning? Three in the morning? What the &^%$ was he doing outside at 3 in the morning? What was she doing outside three in the morning? What is wrong with this picture? They all should of been in their own beds sleeping. What is wrong with these people up and about at three in the morning? Any decent person would be sleeping regardless if on vacation or not.

The way I read it, the British guy assaulted a female at 3 in the morning? Three in the morning? What the &^%$ was he doing outside at 3 in the morning? What was she doing outside three in the morning? What is wrong with this picture? They all should of been in their own beds sleeping. What is wrong with these people up and about at three in the morning? Any decent person would be sleeping regardless if on vacation or not.

Yes...almost anywhere else, you would be hard pressed to find a girl operating a hamburger stand at 3 am, and have not only her boyfriend, but a drunk abusive tourist, as well as her brother and two other thai men all acting out this drama.

I know that area, and in fact, that very hamburger stand... I used to stay at that hotel "something" gardens...near Buakhao. Rather than doing the bar scene, I discovered that dangerous adventure could be had if you awoke at 3am, walked out front and got a hamburger. Everyone else was drunk, but I was refreshed...and all the girls were running around. 7 Eleven was like 7th heaven. Ladies stopping in (on their way home from dancing duties) getting their snacks. Some would be tipsy...and I would get all these offers to join them. I of course, just hanging out at the door with my coffee.

• Like 1

Drunk English louts with no idea of manners or decorum is why I've not been to the Spanish holiday resorts in a number of years.

The behaviour he displayed may be ideal for Linekars bar in Ayanapa but not for Thailand.

I am not clairvoyant but having read the text before seeing the picture I new there would be a football shirt in the photo.

I'd also like to say that I am very disappointed at the lack of pointing in the picture.

• Like 1

Here's the problem... The farang knew he was outnumbered and running for cover when the Thai gang ran went after him on the offensive and beat him severely...

Sorry but it was not defensive intervention...they beat him b/c of their hatred and resentment towards westerners...same thing could happen to Finn bf so it should be a warning to him

Bet ya the BF 's money trickles down to GF's brother....

Hatred of and resentment towards the westerners...you've been obviously shown your placethumbsup.gif And sounds like you deserved it too!

I remember a similar incident to this happening in Khaosan Rd back in the 1990s.
One evening I saw a drunken Westerner staggering down the road there with blood all over his head. Looked like he's taken a bit of a beating. Some tourists were trying to help him, but he still seemed drunk and a bit dazed. I asked one of the stall holders who I knew what happened and it appears he was drunk and had behaved inappropriately with another female stall holder there by persistently trying to grope her.
She called her brother over who was also working there and he took revenge.
So far there doesn't seem to have been any statement from the Brit guy, who if the attack was unprovoked, might have given his side of the story by now.

• Like 1

Claimed Mr Hunnington threw the first punch.cheesy.gif

Of course.

Funny. The farang always initiates these 'gang' attacks.

Bad farang.

He's drunk, he's a Brit, he groped a Thai woman . . . sorry, but he probably did throw the first punch. He allegedly punched the farang boyfriend of the woman he groped, not a gang of Thai men. The Thai men apparently came to the defense of the Finnish man.

You mean finnish coward calls on 3 more thai cowards to attack 1 man...

How is the Fin a coward, he took the punch protecting his girl. He wasn't the toughest of the two farang but certainly not a coward.

They said they did it out of anger and they were sorry for their act that might affect the Pattaya tourism.

Don't worry about affecting Pattaya tourism...these kinds of incidents are considered normal Pattaya activity...

• Like 1

So even if he did cop a feel of this gal does it warrant three thai men bashing him up?

If it did happen it just gave the thai guys an excuse or good opportunity to bash someone up who was pretty pissed and not really likely to cause these three guys any problems.

russians,chineses and the brits....

what can i say, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. i wish more irish and scottish welcome here clap2.gifwhistling.gifw00t.gif

The Scottish are Brits, whether they want to be or not!wai.gif

....I suppose the Irish were too, until they decided not to be!facepalm.gifw00t.gif

Except for the majority of those that live in Northern Ireland.

• Like 1

Claimed Mr Hunnington threw the first punch.cheesy.gif

Of course.

Funny. The farang always initiates these 'gang' attacks.

Bad farang.

He's drunk, he's a Brit, he groped a Thai woman . . . sorry, but he probably did throw the first punch. He allegedly punched the farang boyfriend of the woman he groped, not a gang of Thai men. The Thai men apparently came to the defense of the Finnish man.

No, you are wrong on at least one count - the report states:- "The Briton then walked away and turned to shout abuses at the three before he ran inside the Family Mart shop.
The three then ran after him and beat him and fled the scene.
They said they did it out of anger and they were sorry for their act that might affect the Pattaya tourism."
And it does make a refreshing change for " a gang of Thai men" being brought to book for an assault on a farang, although the circumstances seem to suggest that he was at fault in the first place. Just very surprised that the BIB seem to have got it right this time (The CTV footage probably helped!), but they have obviously told the 3 to apologise for the wrong reasons! i.e. "Their act that might affect the Pattaya tourism."
Edited by sambum

So even if he did cop a feel of this gal does it warrant three thai men bashing him up?

If it did happen it just gave the thai guys an excuse or good opportunity to bash someone up who was pretty pissed and not really likely to cause these three guys any problems.

Does someone sexually assaulting your sister warrant you kicking off??

Erm....yes, very much so.

You come across as a typical, "I'm farang and can do as I please". You cop a feel of my wife and what those 3 did will pale in comparison.

It seems you have very little idea of what goes on in Pattaya?

We are not talking the pillars of society here.

So save your moral judgements and righteous indignation for people who deserve it.

Does someone sexually assaulting your sister warrant you kicking off??

Erm....yes, very much so.

You come across as a typical, "I'm farang and can do as I please". You cop a feel of my wife and what those 3 did will pale in comparison.

It seems you have very little idea of what goes on in Pattaya?

We are not talking the pillars of society here.

So save your moral judgements and righteous indignation for people who deserve it.

I have an idea of what goes on. But scum attracts scum.

I have a friend who lives in Laem Chabang and his exact words were

" not everyone in Pattaya is a scumbag but every scumbag who comes to Thailand will go through Pattaya"

As for morals.....you seemingly shrugging your shoulders at some 'farang' sexually assaulting someone would suggest you don't know the meaning of the word.

• Like 1

Some Farang men wrongly assume that all Thai females are prostitutes,and as such are fair game. If this was the case in this instance, he should have been reported and dealt harshly by the Thai authorities, most likely being deported.

On the other hand we had the recent event in Phuket where the Thai witnesses to a fatal assault outside a disco, stated that the Aussie had caused trouble inside the disco, yet video evidence showed that they had lied, as he had not even been inside the disco.

What ever the cause of this assault,let's give credit to the police for investigating and apprehending the three assailants.

Don't disagree with your sentiments.

But, AFAIK the "witnesses" to the disco assault in which a Thai was killed whilst attacking an Australian were all doormen from the disco who'd been involved. If that's the case, nationality probably is not the reason they lied in this case.