The most stupid hype since Krispy Kreme

Stan42

The ads are all over Bangkok. People wait in line for 15 minutes. They take proud selfies after purchase.

I'm talking about the new Hot Star Large Fried Chicken at EMQuartier: 30cm of XXL crispy Taiwan Chicken.

https://instagr.in/l/687477175

Has anybody tried this? Is it worth standing in line for 15 min? I remember people were lined up for up to an hour to buy Krispy Kreme doughnuts at the Siam Paragon when it opened. How good is this chicken really? All the Hiso's are buying into it.

I saw that line in the basement of the Em place the other day... Amazing!!! There must have been 100+ people queued up ... for a chicken place????

BTW, if I recall correct, there's also a KK stand just a bit away in the same area of the mall's food court. But not a single soul standing in line there on that same day.

Seems like folks here are a bit fickle in their affections.

BTW, never heard of the name of that chicken place before. And from the looks of their photo, I'm not missing anything.

What is it rolled chicken? Or is that from a super roid super size chicken not yet seen before?

Wkat kind of <deleted> name is Hot Star for a chicken franchise? Obvously they have no desire to expand to any countries where english is considered a language lo.

Well, I can tell you I never saw this stuff in Taiwan, but wasn't there for the last 3-4 years either.

It started in 1992.

Number 35 on the link.

Now many Asian country locations including Australia.

Beyond that, I don't think yet.

The enormous slice of meat, as big as your face, is very moist with a crispy crust. A generous coating of five-spice powder and pepper gives it a kick.

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/eat/40-taiwanese-food-296093

lets hope its really chicken

That would generate too less profit, guess around 40% grinded chickenmeat mixed with flour, chemicals and much more. Same as McNuggets.

Yes. I did read what is in the McDonalds chicken nuggets. Yuk.

Chicken parts that even the poorest Vietnamese wouldn't throw into the soup.....

I would not stand in line 15 minutes for Taiwan style chicken...

I would stand in line for 15 minutes for fresh, hot, glazed Krispy Kreme donuts though!!!

The Krispy Kreme outlet at Don Mueang hasn't gone out of fashion. Loads of folk to be seen heading back to the provinces loaded up with a dozen or two Krispy Kremes as hand baggage.

That would generate too less profit, guess around 40% grinded chickenmeat mixed with flour, chemicals and much more. Same as McNuggets.

Chicken parts that even the poorest Vietnamese wouldn't throw into the soup.....

Don't believe everything you hear. Chicken McNuggets are made with all white meat, and have been for years.

Yes , noticed the long line when I passed the other day, also noticed Krispy Kreme counter a few feet away had zero customers, the fad is dead, long live the new fad!

The people with a sweet tooth are all upstairs queueing for some sort of croissant.

Don't believe everything you hear. Chicken McNuggets are made with all white meat, and have been for years.

Keep telling yourself that.

There are actually 37 other ingredients involved including petroleum products.

I won't go near a Mcnugget after reading what's in there. Double yuk.

"Imahara is shown a whole chicken cut up into sections to see which parts go into the making of Chicken McNuggets. According to Steward, the dark meat from the drumsticks and the thighs does not go into the McNuggets. However, the breast and rib meat, as well as the chicken tenderloin, are used to make McNuggets. Before McNuggets are made, the entire chicken skin is removed initially, and a small portion is added back "for flavor."
"This is the only part of the chicken that goes into the Chicken McNuggets? Nothing else?" Imahara asked incredulously in the video. "No beaks? No feet?" Steward laughs and assures Grant that there are no beaks or feet in McNuggets."
and
"The mixing machine combines the ground chicken meat with various ingredients in a marinade which includes water, sodium phosphates, food starch, salt, wheat starch, dextrose, citric acid, autolyzed yeast extract, natural flavoring, rosemary extract and safflower oil."

Archived