The most stupid hype since Krispy Kreme

Stan42

Now that the crowd has died down I finally went and tried it. My verdict:

-For 139thb the portion is, as they advertize, XXL. But! a good part consists of bones making it very hard to chew off the surrounding meat without getting your hands dirty.

-It's ultra crispy, on the salty side, and tastes like... well... chicken.

-There is no sauce. You don't just serve dry fried chicken without any sauce!

-All in all, I prefer KFC over HotStar

Tastes like chicken.

Korean fried chicken is very crispy as well and is not served with any sauce. That's because the flavor is cooked in!

I'm not talking about the flavor. I'm saying it's very dry and could use some sauce. It's like eating a burger without ketchup or mayonnaise, too dry.

Was passing by a few sundays back when the Q was small. Its basically an extra large fried chicken snitzel with extra spices if you want.

Its tastes good but its just fast (not so fast) food.

Tastes like chicken.

Korean fried chicken is very crispy as well and is not served with any sauce. That's because the flavor is cooked in!

I'm not talking about the flavor. I'm saying it's very dry and could use some sauce. It's like eating a burger without ketchup or mayonnaise, too dry.

If you're eating a plain burger and think it's too dry then I would suggest that the burger was overcooked. Similar principle applies with fried chicken....should be crisp outside, juicy inside.

Tastes like chicken.

If you're eating a plain burger and think it's too dry then I would suggest that the burger was overcooked. Similar principle applies with fried chicken....should be crisp outside, juicy inside.

In that case: The HotStar XXL Chicken was overcooked. There was nothing juicy about it at all. 'Nuff said.

Interesting, not tried it here but had it last year in ximending in Taipei, it was delicious. Chicken was tender, great seasoning and certainly no bones. It's really sufficient for two people to share. Reading some of the reports I wonder if they've skimped on some of the quality control here?

Also, in Taipei it was about half the price.

Dubai just opened a Jokibee, Filipino fast food ... queues were upwards of 4 or 5 hours for a few weeks. Calming down now

Pfft, 15 minutes to an hour ... that's not a queue, gentlemen

Jolibee... Mercy. Fast Food chain from an asian nation with quite possibly the worst 'cuisine' of all asia.

Saw the queue for that XL chicken, and tried the Bon Chon chicken which was also somewhat of a fad. Rubbish.

And their coleslaw made KFC coleslaw taste like genius.

Dubai just opened a Jokibee, Filipino fast food ... queues were upwards of 4 or 5 hours for a few weeks. Calming down now

Pfft, 15 minutes to an hour ... that's not a queue, gentlemen

Jolibee, absolutely disgusting

Oops, spelling error

Yes, it's not great and no pork here in the Mall either but they love that stuff!!

Archived