long term residency permit. China requires for multi entry business visa

Hey

Trying to get a multi entry business visa for China, currently in China on a single entry business visa.

Immigration China asks for proof of 'long term residency' in Thailand.

Currently I live in Thailand on retirement extension

I cant find this residency requirement on the Chinese embassy in Bangkok website...

1) Anyone has a suggestion to either get this 'long term residency' proof from Thai immigration?

2) Or experience in how the Chinese embassy in Bangkok looks at matters if I apply directly at their embassy?

thanks

I would think your extension of stay stamps would be enough to prove you are staying here on a long stay basis.

As far as I know immigration will not issue any document to back those up.

The problem is that there are some countries like China that issue resident visas so they state residency in their requirements.

I would think your extension of stay stamps would be enough to prove you are staying here on a long stay basis.

As far as I know immigration will not issue any document to back those up.

The problem is that there are some countries like China that issue resident visas so they state residency in their requirements.

Tried that and that was not enough for Chinese authorities, the insist on the confirmation from Thai immigration....

Tried that and that was not enough for Chinese authorities, the insist on the confirmation from Thai immigration....

Try with residence certificate from immigration. Failing that deal with the fact that you will have to apply in your country.

Try with residence certificate from immigration. Failing that deal with the fact that you will have to apply in your country.

Yeah, that's what I will take on a next short trip and see if they accept

If not than it will be courier work to home country...

thanks..

• 1 month later...

Hi gents

just an update for those who are interested

The residency permit from immgration Ayutthaya is only handed out for purpose of buying a bike, car or marriage and that

reason is specified on the document, which is in Thai language anyway.

I asked for just a residency declaration, but they informed me they do not issue such a document anymore...??..

Took a transcript in English + original + a confirmation from my embassy I am living here since 2000.

Of course brought supporting documents from employer, such as invitation letter and financial guarantees, passport etc.

Chinese immigration accepted the Thai document and translation and rejected the embassy document.

Many questions on why after so long I am still on non-immigrant status and why Thai immigration cannot provide a document

that states residency. Explained we only are allowed extensions on annual basis and the permanent residence status is another process

They were actually helpfull and understanding, apart from the residency status, and I have been given a year visa with max stays of 30 days

per visit, at no costs...no income information needed.

Next week I will receive the official document that I need to show upon entering China.

Nice people, understanding and basically hassle free procedure. I went along with the company staff but was actually not needed.

end of report...