Nirun Condominium Comlex

Lesh

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live there. It's not as bad as people say, but it does have it's problems like other places. I have and recommend a double, 54 meters, remodeled complete with kitchen. No problems with other tenants except for parking, it gets a little tight sometimes. Each building has a maid that sweep and mops every floor every day and will clean your place for I think 300 baht. They also sweep the streets every day. Carfour is walking distance and everything is available here, convenience stores, laundries, food, two pools, seamstress, bars, gym, travel agents, taxis motorcy and car, etc, etc. Actually I could afford moe but I think it's a good idea to minimize my investment in Thailand with all the stuff the government pulls and actually I've decided to travel at least 6 months a year and spend my money somewhere else. I guess parking is my only real bitch and even that's livable. Shagwell is across the street for a cheap steak and a cold one, cold beer that is. Other condos may be nicer but then they are usually four times as much so they don't really compare. My total outlay including remodel is way less than one million.

• 1 month later...

I think I used to live at the Nirun Condos, I wish I could remember the name of the condos I lived at but I am pretty sure it was the Nirun Condos. They were within a few blocks of Foodland. They used to have a guard station at the entrance to the parking lot. There were about 4 or 5 restaurants on the first floor and a hair salon. There was an olympic size pool with one restaurant at the edge of the pool. I lived on the 7th floor and had a great view of the pool. I had to 2 large rooms and 2 baths. One bedroom had AC the other did not. The sink drained into the first bathroom drain in the middle of the bathroom, neither had hot water. I added an electric hot water heater to one bath. I really loved living there with my Thai girlfriend and her many bar girl friends that would come over and spend the night. Down the street from the condos were townhomes all of the buildings were at one time owned by a Chinese/Thai man and his business type Thai wife. The one thing I remember most about the condos is the water had to be brought in everyday because of a Thai law that says if all utilities are not present at the condo the loan doesn't have to be paid. So the owner never paid the loan on the condos and nobody could make him because the water line was never hooked up.

If anyone remembers anything about what I have said please let me know if this is in fact the Nirun condos you are all talking about.

BTW, I don't remember any crime at all I always felt safe there. But I did padlock my door.

DSS3MS, [email protected]

Edited by dss3ms

• 2 years later...

Depends on the block, the size of the unit and whether you want it furnished or not.

In the low level blocks single unit bare shells can be had for around 400k+ and in the highrise building from 600k to 1 milllion depending on the floor.

Look on BahtSOLD.com there's plenty on there for sale.

I/d avoid the place if i was you................i've heard bad reports both on TV (drug busts, gambling etc) and word of mouth.

Well, It all depends on the kind of people you get involved with really. If you dont get involved in drugs or gambling then you wont be effected. Ive seen that on the news once or twice in the last 2 years, a drug bust outside Nirun Condo -Definately not a regular thing!!

Better off listening to people with experience with the condo in question, rather than people who have just 'heard'....! I have been living in a lovely condo here for the past 2 years and I wouldnt want to live anywhere else. Friendly neighbours, security, and everything you need in the complex (bars, internet shops, restaurants, laundry, mini-marts ect) Also a good location, very quiet around here, and Id say most of the residents here are foreigners. 2 clean swimming pools, delivery food service.. I could go on and on!

Go for it!! Prices start at 300,000 for the basic smaller condo's, up to about 800,000 for something luxury and larger.

Hope this helps :)

I have lived here for over 3 years, and I agree with you. It is very safe here, lots of shops so in the rainy season you never need to go outside. The gambling is among Thais, not a real problem. Drug bust? I remember one a long time ago. No break-ins or muggings. People are friendly.

I think I used to live at the Nirun Condos, I wish I could remember the name of the condos I lived at but I am pretty sure it was the Nirun Condos. They were within a few blocks of Foodland. They used to have a guard station at the entrance to the parking lot. There were about 4 or 5 restaurants on the first floor and a hair salon. There was an olympic size pool with one restaurant at the edge of the pool. I lived on the 7th floor and had a great view of the pool. I had to 2 large rooms and 2 baths. One bedroom had AC the other did not. The sink drained into the first bathroom drain in the middle of the bathroom, neither had hot water. I added an electric hot water heater to one bath. I really loved living there with my Thai girlfriend and her many bar girl friends that would come over and spend the night. Down the street from the condos were townhomes all of the buildings were at one time owned by a Chinese/Thai man and his business type Thai wife. The one thing I remember most about the condos is the water had to be brought in everyday because of a Thai law that says if all utilities are not present at the condo the loan doesn't have to be paid. So the owner never paid the loan on the condos and nobody could make him because the water line was never hooked up.

If anyone remembers anything about what I have said please let me know if this is in fact the Nirun condos you are all talking about.

BTW, I don't remember any crime at all I always felt safe there. But I did padlock my door.

Does not sound like Nirun. We have 6 buildings with 6 floors, one with 14 floors. City water.

DSS3MS, [email protected]

Just curious if this complex has a sprinkler system.....many older or lower end condo buildings do not. I rented a condo at Yensabai Condo last summer and didn't realize it had no sprinkler system. I personally would never own or invest in a condo building lacking in this safety necessity.

Considering that you rent in VT5 which does have a sprinkler system, how do you know that it actually works?

About 18 months ago a fire broke out in the office of VT5C as i was walking past in the lobby at 7pm the flames were over 6 feet high! The sprinklers didn't come on, the office was locked the fire alarm & smoke alarms didn't work and the security gaurds were running around like frightened chickens.

I shouted at them to call the fire brigade and they didn't know the number!

I told them to roll out the hydrant hose and they couldn't open the door as it was locked!

I had to force the hydrant door open for them with a scewdriver and help them use it as they were too scared to even break the office window to access the flames with the hydrant hose.

Make your own conclusion as to what would happen if there ever was a fire in the VT5 C&D Buildings.

Not all is at it shows when it comes down to fire safety as not everything is in working order. TIT.

Oh and for the record the smoke alarms still don't work even today, who knows whether the alarm and sprinklers work?

There's never any fire drills or checks carried out.

This subject comes up so regularly I have to conclude that some board members are doing a little back door marketing.

For the record Nirum is indisputably a crap hole. It was built to Thai standards ie: crap. Nothing in the original building worked. Check your condo has been completely re-plumbed and re-wired, most have, otherwise you'll have to do it yourself. Over run with cockroaches and covered in dog and cat shit even walking past it is a health hazard.

If you must live there, probably because you can't afford a tin shack on the beach. rent because the units are home to entire Thai families of 8 plus living in a 38 sqm unit and some of the more 'interesting' foreign residents. At least if you rent you can move if you find yourself next door to a nutter or one moves in.

Finally that whole area is very dangerous after dark.

Try almost anywhere else.

I will try to be fair to the place ,but seeing the balconies shuttered up with iron bars would put me off ,for a start .If anyone wants a place in a similar price range i would recommend ,Majestic Condos ,Jomtien .You will need a motorcycle or some form of transport though to live there .

• 1 month later...
i live in nirun condo bad luck for me ther have been at least 10 break in at building D in the last 10 days

Sounds interesting,maybe everytime there is a break in or some other drama there you can report back to us on what happened,like a police report.Might make for entertaining reading lol.

Edited by Dpolenz

This subject comes up so regularly I have to conclude that some board members are doing a little back door marketing.

For the record Nirum is indisputably a crap hole. It was built to Thai standards ie: crap. Nothing in the original building worked. Check your condo has been completely re-plumbed and re-wired, most have, otherwise you'll have to do it yourself. Over run with cockroaches and covered in dog and cat shit even walking past it is a health hazard.

If you must live there, probably because you can't afford a tin shack on the beach. rent because the units are home to entire Thai families of 8 plus living in a 38 sqm unit and some of the more 'interesting' foreign residents. At least if you rent you can move if you find yourself next door to a nutter or one moves in.

Wow, I have lived here 3 + years, no roaches, original plumbing and wires. Most Thai residents have shops here or day jobs. A few bar girls live here but that makes it more fun. I think you have never even been in here. Maybe you are a comedian?

I will try to be fair to the place ,but seeing the balconies shuttered up with iron bars would put me off ,for a start .If anyone wants a place in a similar price range i would recommend ,Majestic Condos ,Jomtien .You will need a motorcycle or some form of transport though to live there .

I'm a big fan of Majestic as well, I think I am right in saying that all the units face the sea and have giant balconies.

I'm a big fan of Majestic as well, I think I am right in saying that all the units face the sea and have giant balconies.

No at least half face inward to the swimming pool .( less desirable ) .Yes they all have big balconies .

People inside seem to keep themselves to themselves ..

some time have music a bit loud, but not bad ... in the nite..

the problem is not the people but the way it is organized ..

some time at security they give you the card to access by car, and some other times they forget or they are not there to handle you the pass card.. when obviously at your return on your way out, you dont have the card (not given to you in the first place) you will be charged for 100 baht ... quite scummy is it ? finding ways to make money smart enough ....

quite happy that farangs turn their back to Thailand... considering all taxi scammers ... organized gangs, wallets chaser,,, ladyboys who know what they are doing ...etc,,

my advice ? can still buy or rent, but all farangs and thai should sign a petiotion to go to city Hall and complain about the way how it is managed ... and the silly rules .... they apply

The complex is undoubtedly at the low-end of the market, but your description is a bit of a stretch.

This is BS, the whole area is very lively now with a complex of bars and a 7-eleven just nearby. In fact it is too lively, so much so that there is little difference between day and night in terms of security.

I agree because of the location, not because it is crumbling, dangerous or something.

Location is not for me: far away from everything, you need a 20-minutes walk just to go and take a bathbus.

Jomtien is way better.

Just curious if this complex has a sprinkler system.....many older or lower end condo buildings do not. I rented a condo at Yensabai Condo last summer and didn't realize it had no sprinkler system. I personally would never own or invest in a condo building lacking in this safety necessity.

Considering that you rent in VT5 which does have a sprinkler system, how do you know that it actually works?

About 18 months ago a fire broke out in the office of VT5C as i was walking past in the lobby at 7pm the flames were over 6 feet high! The sprinklers didn't come on, the office was locked the fire alarm & smoke alarms didn't work and the security gaurds were running around like frightened chickens.

I shouted at them to call the fire brigade and they didn't know the number!

I told them to roll out the hydrant hose and they couldn't open the door as it was locked!

I had to force the hydrant door open for them with a scewdriver and help them use it as they were too scared to even break the office window to access the flames with the hydrant hose.

Make your own conclusion as to what would happen if there ever was a fire in the VT5 C&D Buildings.

Not all is at it shows when it comes down to fire safety as not everything is in working order. TIT.

Oh and for the record the smoke alarms still don't work even today, who knows whether the alarm and sprinklers work?

There's never any fire drills or checks carried out.

Yeah i lived in VT5C when that happened, i wondered why the sprinklers didn't come on as well, i also remember not long after that during one of the many power outages the backup generator exploded (day long outage)... walking up to the 18th floor is not fun.

from recollection the alarm didn't go off, but from the 18th floor we could smell the fire and were worried there was a fire in the building, came downstairs to look around a bit and found the office smoldering. someone said it was from the lighting storm or something? forget now.

on the upside VT5C did have 2 large (very wide) stair cases for everyone to get downstairs through. slightly reassuring.

there's always pros and cons with living anywhere in Thailand, each to their own, as long as you can afford it and it makes you happy live where ever you want.

Edited by ReThai

I am officially adding 'Commenting on Nirum Condo' to my list of things I no longer do...

Thank Christ for that. See if you can do the same with some of the other crap you put together

LOL!

I might just check out this Nirun Condo place, it seems to be where all the action and groovey sht takes place! :)

And you Prefab are a valued and respected member of this forum because...

No reason at all. I just made my point about all the crap you spout about Nirun Condo. There are a lot of decent people there. I would bet that most of them do't think themselves the untermensch you think they are.

I am officially adding 'Commenting on Nirum Condo' to my list of things I no longer do...

Thank Christ for that. See if you can do the same with some of the other crap you put together

LOL!

I might just check out this Nirun Condo place, it seems to be where all the action and groovey sht takes place! :)

Nirum Condo always seems popular. We usually have a couple of listings in our system but they sell before I get chance to upload them on the website! Must make more effort with the listing that came in yesterday!

03.29...isn't sleep deprivation a great thing!

Regards to all.

Robert

I agree because of the location, not because it is crumbling, dangerous or something.

Location is not for me: far away from everything, you need a 20-minutes walk just to go and take a bathbus.

Jomtien is way better.

450 meters to pattaya klang, you must be very old and slow. :)

• 9 months later...

I LIVED IN NIRUN CONDO 6 months and have some friends living there more that 1 year already. Nowadays the prices have gone up since the first posts here of 2006. The small units, depending if furnished , with airco etc..start around 450000 TO 650000 and the bigger in the 2 towers at the back around 800000 to 1Million.

I own myself a very nice double unit in building B (central) with wooden built-in furnitures and fully furnished and renovated. I rent it sometimes around 15000 or less for long term, and it is for sale at 1.350 MILLION;

http://www.towncount...ondo/16003.html

small unit (26 sq.m) if for long term (1 year contract) you can rent at about 5000/ monthy + charges; SHORT TERM MAYBE 6000

double unit like mine betw;10,000 AND 15,000.

If interested in rental or buying, you can contact me : [email protected]

I'm in Belgium for the moment but should come back soon to Pattaya.

C.DELARGE

post-93362-074665500 1284217710_thumb.jp

post-93362-085906300 1284217732_thumb.jp

post-93362-005545000 1284217763_thumb.jp

post-93362-045449100 1284217788_thumb.jp

Edited by cedel

I/d avoid the place if i was you................i've heard bad reports both on TV (drug busts, gambling etc) and word of mouth.

Well, It all depends on the kind of people you get involved with really. If you dont get involved in drugs or gambling then you wont be effected. Ive seen that on the news once or twice in the last 2 years, a drug bust outside Nirun Condo -Definately not a regular thing!!

Better off listening to people with experience with the condo in question, rather than people who have just 'heard'....! I have been living in a lovely condo here for the past 2 years and I wouldnt want to live anywhere else. Friendly neighbours, security, and everything you need in the complex (bars, internet shops, restaurants, laundry, mini-marts ect) Also a good location, very quiet around here, and Id say most of the residents here are foreigners. 2 clean swimming pools, delivery food service.. I could go on and on!

Go for it!! Prices start at 300,000 for the basic smaller condo's, up to about 800,000 for something luxury and larger.

Hope this helps :o

Hello Meg,

You give a range of 300k to 800k baht. Where could I find more information on current listings? I have looked online but have seen few listings for Nirun. I will be in Patts in late October and have heard about Nirun.

Thanks.

'Not everybody can afford a 5 million baht condo in Jomtien.'

8 million actually.

And why do poor people always call rich people snooty? I just prefer people who wash have teeth and don't live in condos covered in dog shit.

8 million baht, not dollars :)

An 8 million baht condo is equivlaent to 258k. I would hardly put someone who has a 258k condo wealthy and I certainly would not be bragging about it :D

One thing about real estate: It is only worth what someone else will pay for it.