Plz Recommend China To Thailand Import/Shipping Company

We are interested in importing a product from China to sell in Thailand. I am going to need a company that can ship the product from China to Thailand and also handle all the import formalities. The packages are fairly large so I would probably go with sea freight but thats a detail to be discussed with the agent.

We have searched google and contacted many. Most don't reply if their email addresses don't come back as undeliverable. Others have replied but have turned out to be not so helpful. One has been very good other than the fact that they seem to be very expensive!

If anyone can recommend an agent or company that deals with shipping things from China and importing them to Thailand, I would greatly appreciate it.

The helpful expensive company has given me quotes based on two amounts (still unsure how much I'll order first round):

4.35 CBM

16,875 THB Export End (pick up, export docs, freight, etc)
37,727 THB Import End (long list of local fees, customs, etc)

54,602 THB TOTAL

and a quote for a slightly larger shipment from the same company:

7.25 CBM

19,778 THB Export End (pick up, export docs, freight, etc)

49,609 THB Import End (long list of local fees, customs, etc)

69,387 THB TOTAL

These prices both DO NOT include the import duties too!

I shipped a full 40' container from Thailand to Canada a few years ago and it wasn't so much more than this! Thanks for any recommendations!

Do you have all the required licenses? From where in China to where in Thailand? FOB or ExWork term.

The local costs in China seems not too high. You will need to calculate app. uSD 300-400 for all the formalities. In Thailand it depends to where it has to be transported. LCL shipments all arrive in Bangkok and have them to be transported via truck. Customs clearance and release can cost up to THB 10.000, depending on company, D/O fee, CFS cost, THC, etc. trucking to Pattaya for example will set you back another THB 4000-5000 at least. Due to is will most likely to be only a one off shipment it will be even more expensive. Try Leschaco, Kuehne+Nagel, DBSchenker for example. They would all be able to assist you with your requirements if the sender and receiver have all the appropriate licenses.

Edited by TobiasML

Do you have all the required licenses? From where in China to where in Thailand? FOB or ExWork term.

The local costs in China seems not too high. You will need to calculate app. uSD 300-400 for all the formalities. In Thailand it depends to where it has to be transported. LCL shipments all arrive in Bangkok and have them to be transported via truck. Customs clearance and release can cost up to THB 10.000, depending on company, D/O fee, CFS cost, THC, etc. trucking to Pattaya for example will set you back another THB 4000-5000 at least. Due to is will most likely to be only a one off shipment it will be even more expensive. Try Leschaco, Kuehne+Nagel, DBSchenker for example. They would all be able to assist you with your requirements if the sender and receiver have all the appropriate licenses.

The company that has given me the quote said that we can import the first time without a licence (to just a personal name) but we won't qualify for any free trade tax exemptions. It will be ExWork terms from near Guangzhou to Chiang Mai but I'd likely arrange my own shipping from BKK to CM as the agent even recommended because that part of the quote is very expensive with this company (13,500 and 17,500THB inclusive in the prices previously stated).

Instead of telling you more about the quote, I have attached them here: (2 part 30piece quote, and 2 part 50 piece quote)

Do you think they look reasonable than? I will also try the companies you recommended. Thank you for your help!

post-54989-0-27346800-1428742131_thumb.p

post-54989-0-69366100-1428742137_thumb.p

post-54989-0-37245400-1428742144_thumb.p

post-54989-0-24516800-1428742151_thumb.p

The costs within China seems reasonable. The local charges within Thailand seems a bit off. WFG is something. Have not heard of yet and cleaning fee is usually for FCL and not for LCL shipment. For customs clearance. Shipping charges? Customs clearance I. Itself is a bit on the high side but. Not unusual. Trucking seems ok. You will pay for a 6wheel truck from BKK to Eastern Seaboard about THB 3500-4000. This is a distance of app. 170km. BKK to CM is a bit further.

In regards to the fact that for the first shipment you do not need a license. I would be careful. Depending on the goods you might have them stuck in customs regardless. Usual no import license means you are not allowed to import commercial goods.

The costs within China seems reasonable. The local charges within Thailand seems a bit off. WFG is something. Have not heard of yet and cleaning fee is usually for FCL and not for LCL shipment. For customs clearance. Shipping charges? Customs clearance I. Itself is a bit on the high side but. Not unusual. Trucking seems ok. You will pay for a 6wheel truck from BKK to Eastern Seaboard about THB 3500-4000. This is a distance of app. 170km. BKK to CM is a bit further.

In regards to the fact that for the first shipment you do not need a license. I would be careful. Depending on the goods you might have them stuck in customs regardless. Usual no import license means you are not allowed to import commercial goods.

Okay, thank you very much for your insight. I guess this gives me a rough ballpark idea for now so I can go ahead with the sample knowing this should be the worst case scenario when ordering wholesale in the future. Thanks again!

• 10 months later...

A order fulfillment company could ship the product from China to Thailand and also handle all the import formalities. And you can use their warehouse in China to storage products for three months, free.
I have a quotation, the cost is reasonable, but i can't put the picture here. You can ask one yourself from the website: www.chinadivision.com/contact.
Hope that helps.