Taxi from Korat to Bangkok + Return ....How much?

Jessi

I got a taxi one way from the airport to Korat recently, it was 4500.

I think you could get a better price from a taxi based in Korat, but would be two ways and higher.

Can't you hire a car in Korat and drive yourself, surely would be cheaper.

I hired a taxi from ones at the bus station in Korat to get to swampy 3 weeks ago, one way it cost me 3500, that was departing at 0400 and he came to pick me up close to my home too.

I booked it the night before, well my wife did as she said if he sees a farang it will be dearer 555 she was right as she was quoted 3000 baht. As soon as he seen me at 0400 it went up 500 baht.

He was a good driver, nice big vehicle, and will use him again.

You can get these flying taxis where everyone crams in and drives like a maniac from Korat to Mochit for a couple of hundred baht. And vice versa ?

Thanks guys!wai.gif

Been out today and got a price of 3,000B Korat to BKK wait & return. Nice old guy he drove me to Chok Chai one day, so I think I will accept his offer.

We had a quote from BKK to Korat and return for 4500 baht inclusive of gas and tolls . ( some quotes don't include these extras). The taxi is owned and driven by a friend of ours that we use a lot for most of our trips and is a safe driver , He lives across the road from us in BKK and his wife is from the next village to my gf .We ended up going to Lop Buri and return to Bkk for 3000 baht. There is probably cheaper but with a few som tum stops it is always is a good journey.

Just got a price of 7,500 baht for Korat-BKK-Korat .... nice driver, but he said he has to stop in a small village along the way to pick up his cousins to take them to Bangkok. He also said the car has a small engine problem and he cannot go faster than 60 klms per hour. I told him that isn't so good and he said ok he will try 70 klms max ....

The car is old and he said it need a wheel alignment as it vibrates at speed so we have to watch out for that.

He told me that on the way we will stop at his sisters house for a few hours as there is a party happening there and he doesn't want to miss it, but he told me I can rest there if I want. He said he also needs to get some boxes of things from his sisters so he may need room on the back seat and the boot will be full.

We are booked to go on Friday, but the driver has to go to hospital on thursday to have his arm cast removed because he broke it some weeks ago in an accident.

Anyway, I'm not so sure if I will accept this cab ride or not yet ... I haven't confirmed ......

maybe I can get a better deal elsewhere ?

Thanks guys!wai.gif

Been out today and got a price of 3,000B Korat to BKK wait & return. Nice old guy he drove me to Chok Chai one day, so I think I will accept his offer.

I live in Maha Sarakham and a couple of month back The taxi driver offered me 3000 Baht from Suwannaphum. The normal rate is 5800 Baht, but I never pay that. Normally I'm not paying more than 4500 Baht. A "thai price" from Korat to Bangkok is 2500 Baht (100 Baht/10 km.).

Edited by Norlund

Took a trip from JoHo to Bangkok and back. Picked me up at 6am in a 12 passenger van, waited 3 hours while I took care of business and then returned me to my door. Cost was 3500 baht which included gas. I had to pay tolls in Bangkok which were 150 baht each way.

Just got a price of 7,500 baht for Korat-BKK-Korat .... nice driver, but he said he has to stop in a small village along the way to pick up his cousins to take them to Bangkok. He also said the car has a small engine problem and he cannot go faster than 60 klms per hour. I told him that isn't so good and he said ok he will try 70 klms max ....

The car is old and he said it need a wheel alignment as it vibrates at speed so we have to watch out for that.

He told me that on the way we will stop at his sisters house for a few hours as there is a party happening there and he doesn't want to miss it, but he told me I can rest there if I want. He said he also needs to get some boxes of things from his sisters so he may need room on the back seat and the boot will be full.

We are booked to go on Friday, but the driver has to go to hospital on thursday to have his arm cast removed because he broke it some weeks ago in an accident.

Anyway, I'm not so sure if I will accept this cab ride or not yet ... I haven't confirmed ......

maybe I can get a better deal elsewhere ?

Love it!!! Class biggrin.png

• 4 months later...

I often catch a taxi from BKK to Phimai ...50kms past Korat on the Mitraphap Highway. From the airport taxi rank it is always 2,700 to 2,800 all up for tolls airport surcharge and fuel. the most I have paid is 3k. Also I buy soe drinks or snacks for the driver along the way and often a tip. This is the price given to me no haggling. Last time the guy put the meter on and it came to 27k. Good value whe the guy has to drive back.