Koh Samui blast 'political'

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I've heard quite a lot about reconciliation from the junta since the coup but I can honestly say that I'm having a bit of trouble working out who they are trying to reconcile with, I'm sure that until they make an honest attempt to reconcile with all parties there will be more of these unfortunate incidents.

Well here's a couple of questions / comments.

- What do you think should be done to bring about reconciliation?

- Reconciliation of who with who?

- There's also the thought that the reconciliation that some talk about is nothing more than an attempt to get off the hook for plain simple terrorism and more.

- Would you include amnesty?

What's your thoughts?

I am leaning more and more toward this being a Thaksin bomb or a local conflict rather than a Muslim bomb. The bomb was planted in the garage and went off late at night, when most of the crowds were already gone. The placement and timing of the blast indicate that it was meant to generate news and send a message rather than inflict lots of casualties.

Thaksin's bombs usually go off in parking lots and usually injure only security guards, trash pickers or parking lot attendants. Muslim bombs, on the other hand, are usually placed and timed to inflict the maximum number of casualties. Then there is the timing, as far as I know, April 10 is not a significant day for the southern Muslims.

If the bomb was placed by Thaksin's orders, the statement has been made and we will probably see no further action. If I am wrong and it is a Muslim bomb, then this is the beginning of a new phase of the insurgency and we can expect to see many more bombs outside of the Deep South.

Thaksin's bombs! Ah! Ah! I did not know they found evidence on it. Did I miss something?

Lot of security yesterday at Central Bang Na. They didn't check the vehicles entering the parking lot though, as they were having lunch.

Note to self:

If you want to blow up Central Bang Na, do it during the guards lunch break ................

The biggest hole in the security checks is the entrance to Tops.

They never check there despite it leading directly into Central Bang Na.

The guards that put the mirrors under the cars going into Central Plaza car park in Khon Kaen don't even look at the mirrors when they do it.

• Like 2

I think the biggest mystery here is why the car is blown up beyond recognition yet the poly piping anchored onto the roof 1 metre above it is seemly untouched.

Quite possible that this is a picture of the cars final resting place, where the explosion threw it to.

The cars immediately behind the wreckage look remarkably unscathed to have been right next to the initial blast as well.

I've heard quite a lot about reconciliation from the junta since the coup but I can honestly say that I'm having a bit of trouble working out who they are trying to reconcile with, I'm sure that until they make an honest attempt to reconcile with all parties there will be more of these unfortunate incidents.

I believe - it is very difficult to reconcile with groups, hatred funded from outside the country and failed within it.

A huge percentage of the "rural farmers" are now aware that they were simply pawns - many suspected it before the Rice Thefts - now they know who has been manipulating them and picking their pockets.

Any group which resorts to bombs in public places are by definition cowards.

Hell awaits them.

Hello class. Today's word is:

spec·u·la·tion
ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/
noun
the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence
Can anyone give me an example, please?
cheesy.gif

Thailand News on Thaivisa.........................coffee1.gif

Too easy.......

I think the biggest mystery here is why the car is blown up beyond recognition yet the poly piping anchored onto the roof 1 metre above it is seemly untouched.

That's got me beat! Looking at the damage to the pick-up one could assume the kill zone would be out near 50M yet the pipe and the concrete look undamaged!

• Like 1

Why?...........Because the idea that Muslim terrorists are now bombing top tourist destinations in Thailand would be too terrible to think about.

Especially for one who lives in this kind of place, Samui by the way for me.blink.png

I agree this is political and most likely, since no one was supposed to die, decided by the fugitive felon former PM whose allies are dropping out of power faster than he can keep track of. This is a desperation move and will likely continue. I was near downtown Bangkok during the 2006 New Year's Eve bombings for which Thaksin was also suspected. He was suspected because he had just been deposed by the 2006 military coup. Very similar circumstances today. Patience is not in Thaksin's psyche and it makes it obvious when bad things happen right after 'bad' things happen to Thaksin. It is my opinion as I cannot prove it so all you Thaksin defenders/lovers, don't bother to argue with me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Bangkok_bombings

I agree this is political and most likely, since no one was supposed to die, decided by the grumpy D current PM whose allies have taken refuge in a Surat Thani temple. This is a desperation move and will likely continue. The junta will instigate such events periodically to justify the continuation of its enforced rule. They are the one's to directly benefit from such events.

It is my opinion as I cannot prove it so all you D defenders/lovers, don't bother to argue with me.

Your post lacks logic as the junta already holds ALL the cards and has all the power to do as they please; no desperation there. Do you really think they need this kind of bad publicity to maintain power? It would be counterproductive. Doesn't this look like an attempt to make them look like they can't keep people safe? This is obviously the work of someone (his initials are TS) who wants to discredit the government which is currently wildly successful in both improving the function of government and ridding it of the evil Thaksin influence. Thaksin is the one making the "desperation move and will likely continue".

BTW, Keep using the 'D' and you will get banned from the forum because we all know what you are referring to and it's not 'Dummy'.

Logic was never their strong point my friend.

According to our friend here the Junta want the economy to fail and the tourist numbers to drop just so they can blame the reds for this bomb blast. They apparently don't care if they are remembered for leaving a legacy of a failed economy. Never mind the fact that they have tried desperately to improve the economy and increase tourist numbers and it has worked. They report on increasing tourist numbers ad nauseum and are very proud of the fact they have gone up. Some hate the fact that the economy is looking up and that the toiurist numbers have reached record levels and with nothing tangible to blame the Junta with become so desperate to denounce them that through frustration they use feeble and illogical reasoning like the above. Why? It is all they have left.

The same folk with their logic suggested the PDRC bombed themselves so much they had to retreat from themselves into Lumpini park. Then they continued to bomb themselves so they had to put up anti grenade netting around the site so their own grenades did not fall on themselves.

I call it PTP logic. It is quite fascinating to read sometimes.

Do you people not read the news? Really...if you can't fathom a reason why the junta would be instigating these events you are simpler than I thought.

No Stability, No Election, Prayuth Warns

BANGKOK — Speaking two days after a grenade was thrown at a court house in Bangkok, junta chairman and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha warned that an election will not be held until the political climate is stable.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1425891626

• Like 2

I am leaning more and more toward this being a Thaksin bomb or a local conflict rather than a Muslim bomb. The bomb was planted in the garage and went off late at night, when most of the crowds were already gone. The placement and timing of the blast indicate that it was meant to generate news and send a message rather than inflict lots of casualties.

Thaksin's bombs usually go off in parking lots and usually injure only security guards, trash pickers or parking lot attendants. Muslim bombs, on the other hand, are usually placed and timed to inflict the maximum number of casualties. Then there is the timing, as far as I know, April 10 is not a significant day for the southern Muslims.

If the bomb was placed by Thaksin's orders, the statement has been made and we will probably see no further action. If I am wrong and it is a Muslim bomb, then this is the beginning of a new phase of the insurgency and we can expect to see many more bombs outside of the Deep South.

Thaksin's bombs! Ah! Ah! I did not know they found evidence on it. Did I miss something?

No need for evidence - its been posted on Thai Visa that it was him, therefore it is a fact!

And don't query it or advance another theory, or the sage who decided it was Thaksin will have you banned!

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Australian media are reporting that is part of the ongoing problems in the south and not politically motivated.

Oz media often use formulaic commentry, never seen any independent analysis by Oz media reporters on the issues facing the deep South

I haven't seen this on OZ media

I wonder if it's possible that the government planted the bomb to maintain fear amongst the population. Could it be that it was deliberate that no one was killed? There are a lot of questions that need answering.

Are you for real??

Almost as stupid as the claim that the yellows threw grenades at themselves, so they could blame the reds!1

• Like 2

I agree this is political and most likely, since no one was supposed to die, decided by the fugitive felon former PM whose allies are dropping out of power faster than he can keep track of. This is a desperation move and will likely continue. I was near downtown Bangkok during the 2006 New Year's Eve bombings for which Thaksin was also suspected. He was suspected because he had just been deposed by the 2006 military coup. Very similar circumstances today. Patience is not in Thaksin's psyche and it makes it obvious when bad things happen right after 'bad' things happen to Thaksin. It is my opinion as I cannot prove it so all you Thaksin defenders/lovers, don't bother to argue with me. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Bangkok_bombings

My goodness, it took six posts for Thaksin to get a mention. Doesn't matter what the topic is to these yellowshirt/democrat(?)/junta-loving types, they'll blame it on Thaksin. If their pet goldfish has belly-ache, or their dog has piles, blame it on Thaksin. C'mon, expand your imagination a bit and find another whipping-boy, there are plenty of more deserving ones about other than members of the PTP.

By the way, they aren't "dropping out of power" they're being forced out illegally by the overwhelming forces of the amart.

Edited by jesimps
  • Like 2

I agree this is political and most likely, since no one was supposed to die, decided by the grumpy D current PM whose allies have taken refuge in a Surat Thani temple. This is a desperation move and will likely continue. The junta will instigate such events periodically to justify the continuation of its enforced rule. They are the one's to directly benefit from such events.

It is my opinion as I cannot prove it so all you D defenders/lovers, don't bother to argue with me.

Your post lacks logic as the junta already holds ALL the cards and has all the power to do as they please; no desperation there. Do you really think they need this kind of bad publicity to maintain power? It would be counterproductive. Doesn't this look like an attempt to make them look like they can't keep people safe? This is obviously the work of someone (his initials are TS) who wants to discredit the government which is currently wildly successful in both improving the function of government and ridding it of the evil Thaksin influence. Thaksin is the one making the "desperation move and will likely continue".

BTW, Keep using the 'D' and you will get banned from the forum because we all know what you are referring to and it's not 'Dummy'.

Logic was never their strong point my friend.

According to our friend here the Junta want the economy to fail and the tourist numbers to drop just so they can blame the reds for this bomb blast. They apparently don't care if they are remembered for leaving a legacy of a failed economy. Never mind the fact that they have tried desperately to improve the economy and increase tourist numbers and it has worked. They report on increasing tourist numbers ad nauseum and are very proud of the fact they have gone up. Some hate the fact that the economy is looking up and that the toiurist numbers have reached record levels and with nothing tangible to blame the Junta with become so desperate to denounce them that through frustration they use feeble and illogical reasoning like the above. Why? It is all they have left.

The same folk with their logic suggested the PDRC bombed themselves so much they had to retreat from themselves into Lumpini park. Then they continued to bomb themselves so they had to put up anti grenade netting around the site so their own grenades did not fall on themselves.

I call it PTP logic. It is quite fascinating to read sometimes.

Do you people not read the news? Really...if you can't fathom a reason why the junta would be instigating these events you are simpler than I thought.

No Stability, No Election, Prayuth Warns

BANGKOK — Speaking two days after a grenade was thrown at a court house in Bangkok, junta chairman and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha warned that an election will not be held until the political climate is stable.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1425891626

I rest my case.

Thank you for highlighting PTP logic my friend.

Love the condescension as well….Sooooo UDD.

• Like 1

I wonder if it's possible that the government planted the bomb to maintain fear amongst the population. Could it be that it was deliberate that no one was killed? There are a lot of questions that need answering.

Are you for real??

Almost as stupid as the claim that the yellows threw grenades at themselves, so they could blame the reds!1

You do read my posts!! wink.png