Is 15+ rule enforced at SFX

phuketsub

yeah the 15+ is a suggested rating, your daughter can go on her own is how I read it. You can not like the US where R ratings you are suppose to be 18 by law unless accompanied by an adult. Thailand has some weird laws on movies on television, like censorship of things like smoking, alcohol, drugs, gun play. But im sure if accompanied by an adult its ok. If its in the cinema, its not banned in Thailand, which is the only thing I'd worry about.

From wikipedia:

The 1930 Film Act was replaced in 2009 by a film-ratings system. The ratings system has six classifications – G for general audiences, P for "promote" as educational, 13+, 15+ and 18+ suggested viewing ages and the restricted 20- rating, which requires ID checks at the cinemas. A hidden seventh tier of the system is an outright ban by the Film and Video sub-committee

boring but somewhat interesting source considering current times: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_Thailand

a bit off track, but the sopranos and The wire both have aired on HBO Thailand, among others. Imagine being the guy that has to blur all the above mentioned banned scenes. What a Sh&%$y Job and all to comply with a crazy law.

yeah the 15+ is a suggested rating, your daughter can go on her own is how I read it. You can not like the US where R ratings you are suppose to be 18 by law unless accompanied by an adult. Thailand has some weird laws on movies on television, like censorship of things like smoking, alcohol, drugs, gun play. But im sure if accompanied by an adult its ok. If its in the cinema, its not banned in Thailand, which is the only thing I'd worry about.

From wikipedia:

The 1930 Film Act was replaced in 2009 by a film-ratings system. The ratings system has six classifications – G for general audiences, P for "promote" as educational, 13+, 15+ and 18+ suggested viewing ages and the restricted 20- rating, which requires ID checks at the cinemas. A hidden seventh tier of the system is an outright ban by the Film and Video sub-committee

boring but somewhat interesting source considering current times: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_of_Thailand

Just FYI R is 17+ in the states, and it's also not law. Its voluntary. X (now called NC-17) is 18+ by law no matter if with parents or not. Theaters don't always ask for ID if it's an R movie unless they look well under 17. I remember when i was young, it was common for parents dropping kids off at the theaters to have to purchase the R rated movie tickets for them. The parent didn't seem to have to accompany them to the actual movie. I actually worked security at a theater for a couple years and I don't remember the issue coming up more than a couple times, usually kids under 13-14 buying tickets to a PG or PG 13 movie then sneaking into an R with obviously no parents in attendance.

Kind of moot now since any computer, tablet or smart phone can bring up anything of any rating with a few keystrokes.

I was listening to a radio host saying he brought his 7 year old to it and said it was fine. Lots of silly superhero type action which didn't adhere to any laws of physics belonging to this universe. I'll wait for it to come out on DVD.

Edited by NomadJoe