Hospital patients to be asked about UK residence status

Having lived outside the UK for 27years I was asked to show on my return to the UK that I was an Habitual resident. I had of course been prepared for this and so got a place to live, I made sure that I had once again registered with a GP, got my self a library card, british driving licence, and set up an account with a building society. This done I was well ready to provide all the necessary proof of residence. It did take a few days but now I can collect my pension and come and go as I wish. Rather sad that this government don't or won't see the enormous savings that could be made if they could only pay an index linked pension in full to any Brit who qualifies no matter where they end up living. As it is many of my friends have the state paying out for housing that is often empty for months at a time and in some cases years. Just so they gan get the full pension. Now any time I need a Dr or hospital it's there free.

Trying to clarify the rules is hardly being wimpish!

So now we have IC telling us that we are not entitled and you telling us we are, I wonder what the real position is of the UK government on this subject or is it still, "work in progress" and "not fully decided"!

I am non UK resident for any purpose and it remains in my best interests for that to be the case, The Revenue knows that and I know that hence there is no falsification on my part as to my permanent abode and no games are being played, ahem! whistling.gif

I'm not telling you anything, do what you want and so will I, but I'm not fretting at all.

Your'e intelligent enough to read all the official garb on this subject and I know you do.

What your tactics are after that, is a matter of personal concern.

If you have the latest passport, easy to check how many weeks you are staying in the uk.New laws will come out, so get yourself private medical in thailand, cheap skate

I know you like to keep banging the same drum and searching everywhere for scare mongering and I'm not saying you haven't read these things.......but change the frigging record you're becoming boring! I will continue to pay for and receive my medical treatment where and how I like and I'm very happy with my current arrangements. Therefore, I suggest you go find another punter to scare because you won't have any success with me. If you have a problem with receiving treatment or scared to go to the UK to receive it that's your problem...deal with it, don't vent your frustrations here!!