Muslim-majority Indonesia cracks down on alcohol sales

webfact

Gross hypocrisy......Bali is exempt so they know which side their bread is buttered.

The Jakarta politicians will be having their boozey and stray sex weekends in Kuta.

Why? They can still have it in Jakarta. Or didnt you read the OP.

I did read it, and thank you for reminding me in such an arrogant manner.

It will be a little more inconvenient to access in Jakarta, with supermarkets the principal outlets. What I was getting at is that the politicians will be able to become anonymous in Bali and continue their decadent habits out of sight. They are, after all, muslim men, and drinking and sex before marriage is not permitted.

You only need to walk down Soi Nana to see the middle eastern arabs in their flowing robes cutting loose on the booze, prostitutes and lady boys to know that they take their religion seriously only when under scrutiny back home.

Linky I just checked back through this thread and noted that you've responded to a few posts. It is possible to do so without aggression, or is it not possible for you?

Point taken about aggression. It annoys me when some use blanket statements but will tone it down.

It is not against Islam to drink alcohol. Some muslims believe it is, some dont. Many muslims drink.

Sex before marriage? I suppose it is like the bible where it is also not allowed but doesnt stop people doing it.

• Like 1