Briton fined Bt100 for walking naked in Bangkok on Songkran Day

Thaivisa News

Oh when is the thai immigration ever going to get strict about the type of tourists that come to thailand? Immigartion checks, financial pre-requisites etc should e put into place to get quality tourists and expats not garbage that we are having these days.

Unfortunately Nick, wealth is not a guarantor of quality, good manners, good behavior, civility, or respect of laws, culture and intelligence.

Some of most obnoxious, rude, ill behaved, disgusting people I've been unfortunate to meet have been very wealthy and sadly think that having such great wealth excuses anything they want to do,

What a complete idiot. They should have given him a night or two in the cells.

in addition to the above, a few 1,000 baht fine plus a picture so a copy can be forwarded to his family back in Briton. For me personally what he did doesn't bother me but there likely were young kids present and this kind of behavior isn't needed.

The Briton was told to put on his shorts and the officers fined him Bt100 for acting indecently in public place and released him.

I wonder where he kept the money to pay the fine?

On second thoughts, don't tell me, i'd rather not know.

• Like 1

Oh when is the thai immigration ever going to get strict about the type of tourists that come to thailand? Immigartion checks, financial pre-requisites etc should e put into place to get quality tourists and expats not garbage that we are having these days.

So money maketh the man eh.Well i'm loaded,but i'm still a harmless DH on the piss and my poorer mates have to put up with me.

The BIB shouldn't be permitted to levy fines other than for laid down traffic offences, the official fines I mean.

I'm sure there's nothing in the BIB Imaginary Schedule of Fines that includes a naked foreigner on Songkran Day so where does Bt 100 come from ?

Public indecency'dill.

What a complete idiot. They should have given him a night or two in the cells.

in addition to the above, a few 1,000 baht fine plus a picture so a copy can be forwarded to his family back in Briton. For me personally what he did doesn't bother me but there likely were young kids present and this kind of behavior isn't needed.

WHOOOO, the naked body,all so scary.Thai kids grow up seeing their mates naked,what's the problem, no body was hurt,harmless nonsense.

Somyos said the man walked around and caused disturbance to Songkran revelers at the spot with unacceptable behavior.

Jealousy and envy will get you nowhere, Thaisthumbsup.gif

Only a hundred baht fine? couldn't have been much of a disturbance, nothing to see here folks, move along. coffee1.gif

Seems to be the standard fine as this is how much they fine the prostitutes on beach road Pattaya. What a waste of man power Oh sorry Bt400 for not wearing a helmet but Bt 100 for running around naked and if he was NOT wearing a condom then he also was running around without a helmet

It's a joke. Lets hope all his family and friends seen the picture on internet.

Why is it a joke, its Thailand, not the land of morals, I have seen many a Thai person with his cock out in the road having a piss, nobody seemed to give a shit, a cock is a cock

• Like 1

Naked farang gets a bargain for Songkran
THE NATION

30258197-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- SONGKRAN HAS ITS share of controversies every year, with the anti-fun brigade raising a stink over how scantily clad young Thai women are causing the collapse of traditional Thai society. But this year it was a farang who caused a cultural stir when he decided to strip totally nude.

The 25-year-old Brit in the buff was spotted in the Khaosan area on Monday, taking part in what is one of Bangkok's biggest and most-rauscous water-splashing celebrations.

Videos and photos of the naked foreigner spread like wildfire, and it wasn't long before someone thought it was "inappropriate" and complained.

Police were soon called in, and here's where the story gets interesting - the Englishman was fined just Bt100.

According to the Daily News, he was detained only briefly by the boys in brown and paid the fine, though the article doesn't say where he kept that cash. The Brit was soon back on the street enjoying Songkran again, but this time with his clothes on.

Soopsip is a bit worried about this. If the fine for public nudity really is only Bt100, there might surely be naked copycats next year.

Cutting through

Aside from a water pistol, a must-have Songkran accessory is a clear waterproof pouch for your mobile phone. And while the handy neck pouches keep your gadgets safe from splashes, they have proved utterly ineffective against thieves.

According to reports from Bangkok's main Songkran venues on Khaosan and Silom roads, thieves used knives or razor blades to slice the clear plastic pouches and steal the phones and money contained therein.

Police spotted a few of the criminal acts on security cameras and actually made a number of arrests, but many more Songkran celebrants were left holding their bags, so to speak.

So by next year, we need a new innovation. Ordinary plastic pouches will no longer do. Not only must they be waterproof, they also must be thief-proof, and durable enough to stop a knife.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/life/Naked-farang-gets-a-bargain-for-Songkran-30258197.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-18

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Somyos said the man walked around and caused disturbance to Songkran revelers at the spot with unacceptable behavior.

Jealousy and envy will get you nowhere, Thais alt=thumbsup.gif>

Only a hundred baht fine? couldn't have been much of a disturbance, nothing to see here folks, move along. coffee1.gif alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Yep!

He was given a 100 Baht Fine and 4 Marriage Proposals.

• Like 1

A minimum of £500 would be more appropriate, and blacklisted.

Songkran is being ruined by idiot farangs in all the major tourist areas.

They are just taking over.

500 pounds! We are in Thailand so I would suggest the fine should be in Thai baht!! They fined him under the relevant law.100 baht for public indecency. No dual pricing here!

• Like 2

"After the YouTube clip showing the young farang man walking with no clothes on went viral, police from the Chana Songkram police station went to inspect the scene late Monday night."

Wake up Deputy Senior Sergeant Major Somchai in charge of the 4th district, 9th police precinct! We have a Social Media ALERT!

CODE BR549!!!

We must To Rush To The Scene!!!

A minimum of £500 would be more appropriate, and blacklisted.

Songkran is being ruined by idiot farangs in all the major tourist areas.

They are just taking over.

Why? It's on a par with Thai justice.......equality man, equality.