E mail cafes

Rinrada

10 years ago there were none,5 years ago only a few,now of course there are thousands even more hundreds.At the Airports.Shopping Malls.Siam Centre M.B.K.up side streets and round corners...E-mail cafes....everwhere but where are the Best?

About 3 years back I used the setup in the Siam Centre,Dell PCs with flat screen monitors,very fast (for then)and mai peng,but it gone.Now I seem to end up in those small shell like units along the forecourt of the Ambassador Hotel,wind up processors.black and white panels with grimey keyboards and nescafe tubes,plastic cups with hot water and smelly excuses for powdered milk....yuch...So where are the best-fastest-cheapest-coolest-non gas operated-with drinkable coffee. ???

Cheapest/nicest I've found is Jaymart (go upstairs to 2nd floor) 60bht/hour. It is sited opposite Sukhumvit soi 2 next to KFC.  You can't miss the store, but the internet cafe is poorly advertised.There are only 5 machines, but hardly anyone goes there.

The best I cannot help you with but the cheapest has to be in the Post Office

10 baht per hour

Located in a quiet room upstairs not in the lobby, look out for a CAT net sign to find it.

Small screen uncomfortable chair but what do you expect for 10 baht.

• 1 month later...

When I am in Pattaya I tend to use the one on the 1st floor (not the G.F.)at the Royal Garden Shopping Centre.Its not particulary cheap but they have a decent setup,flat screen monitors,quick connections and they serve up a mean mug of Cappucino with chocky powder and that other brown stuff.

There is also another one that I stumbled (hic..) over down from the Queen Vic,good connection,bit run down but very mai peng. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

bangkok's coolest and friendliest email cafe has for the past 4 years been http://www.email-cafe.com on SUKHUMVIT 55 (Thonglor ) - not only do you get DSL for 1 baht a minute, cheap overseascall, the Best Aussie Pies and Burgers in Bangkok along with fresh juices,  great shakes, teas, coffee, beer, wine and spirits, all of which can be enjoyed whilst surfing the net. But, they have now opend gusetrooms from 250 baht per night.

The first franchise of email-cafe.com / Big John's home baked pies will open on Sukhumvit soi one in the next few weeks.