Can you recognize a thai from a filipino

I can see the difference very easily in MOST cases. My Thai wife gets mistaken for a filipino on occasion in Canada.

All these Asian races have been inbred to a degree, so there are several standard "looks" for women in each country, with obvious overlap, or spillage..giggle.gif

That a lot of us farang like the same 4 or 5 most popular "looks" in Thailand is par for the course

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

It's like identifying the differences between an American, Aussie, European or Russian?

Stereotyping and prejudices...

I can tell Filipina and Thai with a high accuracy. It simply means I've been around Filipinas more than most. With a Filipina - marrying the family takes on a whole new meaning.

I can see the difference very easily in MOST cases. My Thai wife gets mistaken for a filipino on occasion in Canada.

I was in the Middle East a couple of years back with my Thai wife and the Filipino girl on the till started talking to my wife in Tagalog. She was really surprised when my wife said she was Thai.

It's like identifying the differences between an American, Aussie, European or Russian?

Stereotyping and prejudices...

Europe is a continent. There is no people of Europe, only peoples of Europe. That's the difference.
Also, take a look at the link below:

Spent extensive time in both countries and it is pretty easy to see the differences.....it always surprises me to see a face here and think filipina.....

For me the +'s are WAY WAY WAY on the Thai side in looks - qualities/traits and cleanliness.....without getting into the communal aspects of each and the conditions in each country.....

There are great people in both countries and I've been fortunate to know many.....

A filipino is strictly a man. (filipina is girl)

A Thai can be girl or boy or both or.....combination of some or all

Anyways, I have trouble with telling puerto ricans from mexicans and blacks. They all got that same sicilian tan...that the italians have. Quite similar to a Filipina.

I would say Thai girls are more closely related to Chinese..except the dark ones.

Edited by slipperylobster

I was in the Middle East a couple of years back with my Thai wife and the Filipino girl on the till started talking to my wife in Tagalog. She was really surprised when my wife said she was Thai.

Almost the same experience.

I took my filipina wife to mexico and they tried to speak spanish to her.

Funny...she even understood them when they said kumusta.

Things got weird when the Mexican then switch to Thai, after I told them she was not mexican.

and even funnier....In the Philippines, Canadians are often confused as Americans....even the black ones.

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Like 2

While not a chest beating Liberal - this Topic Thread is Racist.

Cow patty! Races have genetic and cultural differences and nothing wrong discussing them, 'racist shouters' often are the real racists.

Cow patty! Races have genetic and cultural differences and nothing wrong discussing them, 'racist shouters' often are the real racists.

No - it is racism alright ... and I am not one to use the word unless it is blatant ... This is just a bunch of old drunks putting down women because the women get the better of them at times ... It is racist because both groups of women are not of your race and this group of posts disparages them. ...

No - it is racism alright ... and I am not one to use the word unless it is blatant ... This is just a bunch of old drunks putting down women because the women get the better of them at times ... It is racist because both groups of women are not of your race and this group of posts disparages them. ...

You'll need to reference the specific posts. I couldn't see what you meant, but I don't have your imagination

As far as I could tell, some people said they could, and some people said other people could not, including nationals of both countries.

Personally, I reckon it's possible, with a fairly high degree of success

SC