Canadian Protests Against Thailand Kfc

sriracha john

I would of picked the cage up and taken her home.

Dear Donz,

yet again you use incorrect language....." I would HAVE....." NOT " Would OF...."

have you no shame ,sir, to publicly demonstrate your linguistic incompetence?

No he doesn't......and quite honestly why should he? :o

I agree, why should he.

He has no shame showing off all his other incompetences(?) :D

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if your message is "I want a pay rise" you've probably a better chance than me, clothed or naked. :D

Anyhow, the purpose of her methodology is to gain media attention for her cause (still don't understand why Thailand except it provides for a good jolly). The problem for all these kind of protests is that the media's, and the majority of the public, attention span is limited to one edition. Following day it's back to the same old mental <deleted> (sorry cant spell diarhea) of minor celebrities and their meaningless "lives".

btw what is PETA's stance on the inhumane treatment of meng daa and the fact that they are cooked alive! :D

Yes. I think PETA is very discriminatory and should be punished for that. Why chickens only? How about the grubs, slugs and insects that people cook and fry life! :o

The human race is a disgrace.

I hope they get punished for their cruelty.

Go and be a veggie eater then.

Tomorrow im going to buy a whole chicken and just throw it in the bin just for fun.

:o:D:D:D Classic. :D

yeah, like the terrorists' beheadings, just for fun!

ok, i was just joking. human beings are lovely. they are lovely of their capability of killing and torturing just for fun.

btw why are people saying that the girl is ugly? is it sour grapes? i find her quite cute.

wonder what your gfs look like?

:D

• 3 months later...

UPDATE.... she's baaaaaaaack

Our daring Canadian lass is back on Bangkok's streets for more photographic opportunities... which the international media is only too happy to oblige with:

r800140113.jpg

Canadian Ashley Fruno, 20, from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), protests outside a shopping mall in Bangkok March 21, 2007. Fruno has paint markings on her body that mimics a butcher's diagram of body parts.

REUTERS

PETA.jpg

PETA2.jpg

PETA Activist Ashley Fruno models for photographers during a protest against a Bangkok, Thailand, steakhouse Wednesday, March 21, 2007. The group was calling for animal rights while promoting vegetarianism.

ASSOCIATED PRESS

=======================================

Who says there's no press freedom in Thailand? :o

Edited by sriracha john

As an ex-vegetarian (I was for 10 years & stopped when I decided it was hypocritical to buy kilos of meat for dogs & congratulate myself on being veggie), all I can say is that I think that stunt, pulled in a country where nudity is frowned upon, is offensive & cheap. Very bad move. It won't gain any support for Peta, quite the reverse I feel. And doesn't she look like she's loving it? Sad when what is for many a legitimate issue is cheapened like that.... :o

Met an anti-fur activist with leather shoes once. He didn't seem to get the connection. :o

There isn't one. If he were a vegetarian wearing leather, I'd see your point. However, I eat meat & wear leather shoes, but am anti-fur. Leather is a by-product of meat. Fur is not usually a by-product of meat consumption. Animals are farmed & or killed solely for their fur, which is not necessary in this day & age of advanced textiles. They are usually killed in extremely inhumane ways also, so the pelt is not damaged...

Met an anti-fur activist with leather shoes once. He didn't seem to get the connection. :o

There isn't one. If he were a vegetarian wearing leather, I'd see your point. However, I eat meat & wear leather shoes, but am anti-fur. Leather is a by-product of meat. Fur is not usually a by-product of meat consumption. Animals are farmed & or killed solely for their fur, which is not necessary in this day & age of advanced textiles. They are usually killed in extremely inhumane ways also, so the pelt is not damaged...

Leather is fur with a shave.

I used to trap. Body traps kill nearly instantly and are pretty much standard.

As an ex-vegetarian (I was for 10 years & stopped when I decided it was hypocritical to buy kilos of meat for dogs & congratulate myself on being veggie), all I can say is that I think that stunt, pulled in a country where nudity is frowned upon, is offensive & cheap. Very bad move. It won't gain any support for Peta, quite the reverse I feel. And doesn't she look like she's loving it? Sad when what is for many a legitimate issue is cheapened like that.... :o

Often these protests are more for the ego of the person themselves than the cause.

I also agree that anti fur and leather shoes do not a connection make. I am anti fur myself.

Perhaps because there isn't that much of a connection? Not all anti-fun activists are vegetarians.

The vast majority of leather in the world is derived from cattle slaughtered for meat or milk cows who've outlived their usefulness. On the other hand a significant percentage of fur is derived from animals raised or hunted exclusively for that purpose.

Like any genre of activism, animal rights issues exist on a spectrum which each individual judges according to his intellect and conscience. One can object to one human activity such leg-traps, bull fighting, hunting for subsistence or sport, show jumping of horses, dog racing, pet stores, the eating of meat and the specific techniques of slaughter, etc. without having a negative opinion of any other.

Accuse me of nit picking if you want but when protesting on the streets of Bangkok would the message not be better written in Thai? A minor point that probably will be missed by the average newshound. Nothing like an expanse of white female skin to sell the rags.

Myself, I'm fancying a nice piece of rump but could be persuaded to try some breast although it all looks a bit anemic to me.