Thais can't make pizza! (In my experience)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is all you have to worry about in life, you are doing pretty well.

Stop eating pizza... it is bad for you.

Tam Tam pizza in Surin has the best and an Italian owner. But I have to cut back as much as I love it. Crunchy and right out of the proper oven.

Yummmy

I know I'll be back even though it's not so good for me.

bad pizza is the tip of the ice berg ,

half the food in thailand is unedible and thats a compliment , isaan food must be the worst on earth even soi dogs wont eat that subhuman crap.

goto the philipenes for grade a pizza at cheap prices.

Just what Thai visa needs,an Aussie bogan.

Plenty of crap pizza available back in the west, too.

But some farangs will grasp any opportunity to have a pop at Thailand.

Agreed but,

The problem is they mostly use a frozen crust from some factory and it becomes card board

There is very good pizza in the Italian pizza restaurant in between the promenade and fashion island by safari world

I dont exactly recall but ChocolateVille also made good pizza and, a lot of good things

Had a pepperoni pizza the other night at New York Pizza in Chiang Mai - thick crust, but they do thin. 20 inches...so lunch was sorted the next day...Freashly made base, hand thrown, generous cheese and good toppings. Location is in between Hang Dong Rd and Canal Rd at Big C turn.

Probably the best pizza I have had in Chiang Mai, although the Dukes are pretty decent.

Completely forgot about Dukes!! They are the best in Thailand, And the one on the water is better than the one on the main tourist road that has the night bazaar

I played guitar a few nights at the Boys Blues Bar, but I found the owner Boy a little sensitive about my style of play. On some nights some excellent musicians play there and the female British partner is pretty cute and has some cute friends

Had a pepperoni pizza the other night at New York Pizza in Chiang Mai - thick crust, but they do thin. 20 inches...so lunch was sorted the next day...Freashly made base, hand thrown, generous cheese and good toppings. Location is in between Hang Dong Rd and Canal Rd at Big C turn.

Probably the best pizza I have had in Chiang Mai, although the Dukes are pretty decent.

Completely forgot about Dukes!! They are the best in Thailand, And the one on the water is better than the one on the main tourist road that has the night bazaar

I played guitar a few nights at the Boys Blues Bar, but I found the owner Boy a little sensitive about my style of play. On some nights some excellent musicians play there and the female British partner is pretty cute and has some cute friends

and the apple pie is probably the best i've eaten in thailand and agreed the dukes by the water is better than the one in the mall, but both are/were far far better than the one they opened in bangkok, which was imo average at best

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Take a slice of Thai white bread (preferably the crust), spread some cheap sweet tomato ketchup on it, add some Isaan sausage and a few slices of small Thai tomatos, salad cream thickened with flour (aka cheese) and enough chillis so you can't taste anything, and bung it in the oven for a few minutes.

A perfect pizza..... NOT!

Reminds me of the time somebody mixed boiled spaghetti, salt, oregano, and ketchup together and called it Spaghetti Neapolitan. Yes, I really did say ketchup.

The Italian owners of the pizzerias here in Pattaya/Jomtien sure knows how to make a real and inexpensive pizza,

I could recommend at least 5 places worth trying but my favourite is the new pizzeria Mimosa in Soi Chaiyapruek, location only 100 meters from Sukhumvit rd.

The Italian owner makes them himself while you can watch him in action. 250 baht for a medium/big size. Try one and you will never go back to the Thai owned restaurants.

And while you're there , try out the Italian pasta dishes he makes, its really authentic and fresh .

Avoid chains like Pizza hut or Dominos , tried it once and never again. '

ristorante-mimosa-pizzeria.jpg

ristorante-mimosa-pizzeria.jpg

Edited by balo

I did own 4 US pizzerias and agree that Thais have not mastered the art of retaining toppings, ( staples ? ), but I do enjoy what I consider to be the best TASTING pizzas in Thailand -- Pizza Company & No, I have no connection to this company but find their product simply superior in taste to my former US competitors, Pizza Hut, who are okay in a pinch !

You must be buying from the wrong Pizza Place.

"The Pizza Company" (www.112.com) in Udon Thani and Pattaya make pretty good Pizza and the best I have had East of Canada and the USA. Try out their Hawaiian Pizza as it is pretty good.

So Thais can make good Pizza.

It is the Italians who can't.

They make the best geng kiaw wan pizzas here:) pizza company and hut are crap. Tenderloins do good pizzas but foriegn owned. Thais have unique tastes and for pizzas regardless of toppings must smear multiple packets of ketchep over every inch of it. Unarm the damn tomato sauce !

Americans can't make pizza either!

And at 'Italian' restaurants in Thailand where they actually do make a good pizza you need to bring your microscope to locate the ordered extras like anchovies, artichoke, capers or tuna, really you can't find it even you are gonna pay for it they are too fkcn greedy.

Worst post of the year !!!

More Italian families and pizza outlets in new york and chicago than in the rest of the known world.

(outside Italy, of course). All the cities in towns in my area are named for Italian ones.

Syracuse and Rome are where I grew up. My high school was 90 percent italian.

Amerigo Vespucci would slap ya.

Where I grew up...you only hear Italian...and pizzas, as you know them, were perfected there.

All thiongs being said LOMBARDIES in New York City have been there over 100 years. Voted by Zagats the best piozza on the PLANET

Americans can't make pizza either!

And at 'Italian' restaurants in Thailand where they actually do make a good pizza you need to bring your microscope to locate the ordered extras like anchovies, artichoke, capers or tuna, really you can't find it even you are gonna pay for it they are too fkcn greedy.

Worst post of the year !!!

More Italian families and pizza outlets in new york and chicago than in the rest of the known world.

(outside Italy, of course). All the cities in towns in my area are named for Italian ones.

Syracuse and Rome are where I grew up. My high school was 90 percent italian.

Amerigo Vespucci would slap ya.

Where I grew up...you only hear Italian...and pizzas, as you know them, were perfected there.

I had a few ok pizzas in Thailand. Just like some ok Thai food in the US. I

can only talk about my personnel experience and tastes. I was born in NY and also lived in Chicago and travel all through out Italy.

I know there are good pizzas sold all over but here is my preference.

Thin crust Margarita -

1) Naples

2) New York

Deep Dish

Chicago.

Topping are to each ones taste.

My opinion is that all chains are just fast food pizza. It's like trying to compare McDonalds to a good hamburger. I didn't go all the way back but here is

Some history;

1522 - After tomatoes were first imported to the Europe from the New World, people of Naples first managed to combine them with their bread products, thus creating the earliest form of modern pizza. As was Naples one of the centers of the Italy food production and a busy port full of sailors, the word of mouth about this new dish spread across the Europe.

17th Century - Pizza created in Naples gained great popularity among its citizens and tourists who visited that area of Italy.

18th Century - Wife of King of Naples, Queen Maria Carolina d'Asburgo Lorena (1752-1814) had in her palace special oven that was used for making pizzas.

1830 - Antica Pizzeria Port'Alba, the first ever modern pizzeria opened in Naples.

1889 - By the orders of Umberto I King of Italy and his wife Queen Margherita di Savoia, the most famous Naples pizza chef Raffaele Esposito created for them three pizzas. After the King and Queen expressed their immense satisfaction for his work, Naples became firmly the center of Pizza world, and designs of Raffaele Esposito became standard for all future pizzas.

19th Century - By the end of 19th century, citizens of Naples consumed pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The manufacturing of pizzas gained much advancement, especially use of various toppings. Pizza was sold on the streets, and later on in dedicated street establishments - pizzerias.

Early 20th century - The first Italian pizza in America was introduced in Chicago by the street peddlers who walked up and down Taylor Street and sold the hot slices of Pizzas to the pedestrians. They maintained the heat of the slices by holding them in cylindrical drums that had a compartment which was filled with hot charcoal.

1905 - First American license for baking pizzas granted to Gennaro Lombardiin Spring Street in New York City.

1910 - Famous Joe's Tomato Pies pizzeria opens in Trenton's Chambersburg section.

1912 - Papa's Tomato Pies, one of the oldest pizzerias that is still active was opened in Trenton's Chambersburg.

1924 - Famous American cook Anthony "Totonno'' Pero opens his Totonno's Pizzeria in Coney Island, N.Y.

1925 - Frank Pepe opened his famous Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana in New Haven, Conn.

1943 - Invention of Chicago-style deep-dish pizza (with crust that rises an inch or more above the plate and surrounds deep piles of toppings) by Ike Sewell in his "Pizzeria Uno".

1945 - American soldiers that returned from the World War 2 brought home their newfound taste for pizza.

1950 - Popularity of pizza rose in America after several big celebrities of Italian origin started promoting it (Jerry Colonna, Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Durante, and baseball star Joe DiMaggio).

1957 -The first supermarket frozen pizza was released by Celentano Brothers. Soon after that frozen pizzas became very popular across entire US.

1958 - Opening of the first Pizza Hut in Wichita, Kansas, which will later become worldwide franchise of pizza restaurants.

1959 - The first of many "Little Caesar" pizzerias opens.

1967 - The first Domino's opens.

1984 - The first Papa John's opens.

1995 -The first appearance of revolutionary "self-rising'' crust was unveiled by Kraft, which purchased Tombstone in 1986.

2009 - European Union established ruling that protected Naples' Neapolitan pizza as a cultural food heritage. All pizzerias that want to create real Neapolitan pizza must comply with the strict standards for ingredients and process of its preparation.

The people of America eat around 350 slices of pizza each second, or 90 to 100 acres per day. Each year, the pizza market is a $30 billion industry.

In the U.S. alone there are about 61,269 pizza parlours.

I'm an European born New Yorker and love the thin crust European pizza, can't get it in New York so I eat it in Pattaya, the best one in my opinion is the Italian restaurant (forgot the name) located next to the Suvarnabhumi busses near VT1 and the pizzeria opposite Dicks Cafe in Jomtien Complex also have a decent sea food pizza.

I'm an European born New Yorker and love the thin crust European pizza, can't get it in New York so I eat it in Pattaya, the best one in my opinion is the Italian restaurant (forgot the name) located next to the Suvarnabhumi busses near VT1 and the pizzeria opposite Dicks Cafe in Jomtien Complex also have a decent sea food pizza.

You can't get it in New York? Sorry, that's totally unbelievable. You can get most everything in New York.

Might be a random comment but WHY would you want pizza in Thailand???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I CAN answer that... He she or it (wouldnt want to leave anyone out. That wouldn't be politically correct) Is, like all of us, a bundle of habits, addictions if you must

and has a problem over ruling this habit with the mind in spite of the so, so ,so many much more delicious nutricious exotic & inexpensive alternatives.

Ask any smoker of cigarettes lately "Why are you doing that????" Summary

You can take the xxxxxxx out of xxxxxxx but they remain xxxxxxx... ... ...

There is heaps of nice pizza in thailand.

Pizza Mama is nice at Asoke... also in Soi 4 there is a german resturant that has nice pizza.. I have had a lot of nice pizza here..

You can't get it in New York? Sorry, that's totally unbelievable. You can get most everything in New York.
Yeah almost anything, it seems 'taste' might b somewhat dificult to find

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 year later...

Chiang Mai......September Brasserie in the Chill Park opposite Mae Hia Big C. Superb pizzas, probably the best I've had outside of Italy....thin crust and generous toppings. There's a good selection too.