Chinese Couple rescued from broken-down Jet Ski in Pattaya Bay

Rimmer

Chinese Couple rescued from broken-down Jet Ski in Pattaya Bay

china-23.jpg?a7a80e

PATTAYA:--A young Chinese couple were stranded at sea for nearly 5 hours after a Jet Ski they had rented broke-down.

Mr. Liu Zheng aged 30 and Miss Hu Cheng Feng aged 21 had gone to Larn Island, 4kms off the coast of Pattaya, at 1pm on Saturday and decided to explore nearby Islands with a Jet Ski they rented from an operator on the Island.

After a few minutes the Jet Ski engine stopped working which left them stranded in an area not commonly used by pleasure boats.

After 5 hours they were spotted by a Fishing Vessel and just after 6pm they were rescued and taken to the Bali Hai Port.

The pair were suffering from tiredness, thought to be caused by exposure,

Full story:http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/185212/chinese-couple-rescued-from-broken-down-jet-ski-in-pattaya-bay/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-19

Flipped Jet Ski Left Chinese Tourists Stranded in Sea

By Khaosod Eng.

CHONBURI - Two Chinese tourists were stranded in the sea off the resort town of Pattaya for five hours after their jet ski flipped over yesterday.

Police received alert from local fishermen at around 6.30 pm on Saturday. Rescue workers later found the Chinese tourists, a 30-year-old man and a 21-year-old woman, in the sea near Koh Larn island.

Both tourists, who were wearing swimsuits and life jackets, were in exhausted condition when they were rescued, police say.

Read More: http://www.khaosoden...wsid=1429419033

xkhaosod.png.pagespeed.ic.gwqZZgTvOahf8b
-- Khaosod English 2015-04-19

Pattaya, Chon Buri:- Two Chinese tourists rent a jetski to ride around Koh Lan but it sank, prompting them to struggle in the sea for over five hours before they were rescued, police said.

The Chinese couple were identified as Liu Zheng, 30 and Hu Cheng Feng 21.

Read More: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/818504-two-chinese-tourists-rescued-near-koh-lan/

...if they were hanging on to each other for dear life maybe it was not so bad after all....

...is that sunburn or are they blushing.....

...how about a GPS unit......

...and how about the owners....didn't they notice after 1-2-3 hours.....???

They were real lucky. Somehow he does not look like a strong swimmer to me. Could have been another Chinese statistic. Heaven forbid whats going to happen when the numbers of Chinese tourists quadruple, as TAT expects over the next 5 years.

The jet ski operaters should be fined for not calling the coast guard, but this will never happen!

When is the gouverment going to do something with this? I have been around for 35 years, but never seen police act against the jet ski operators, only the other way around.....

What does a strong swimmer look like?

I can swim over a mile but I'm no athlete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Begging your pardon, if you can swim over a mile, you Sir, are an athlete, it takes a fit person to be able to swim that far...........wai2.gifthumbsup.gif

Hang on a minute......

The multiple OP post said the jet ski...

1 Broke down

2 Flipped over

3 Sank.

What's this, a quiz ? coffee1.gif

It's multiple choice, very popular in schools and driving test centres here, I believe.

It's only missing #4, All of the above.

And of course #5 Don't know (which is never admitted)

• Like 1

Similar (?) thing happened to me on my first ever trip to T/L...

Rented a Jet-Ski from Pattaya for 1/2 hour, which then broke down after about 10 minutes about 400m from the beach... The current took me out past the Para-Ski landing stages, where I frantically waved for help - All they did was wave back...!!!

About 2 hours later, just as it was gtting dark, a tourist boat returning from Koh Larn stopped and picked me up and towed the dead ski back to the beach.

The usual mob appeared all wielding spanners and wrenches demanding I pay for the extra rental, but when I carefully expalined how it had broken down and I'd become stranded, they checked the fuel tank, saw I'd not used much and couldn't get the engine restated, they actually refunded me half of what I'd paid.

Only after did I find out about the "Jet-Ski Scam"...

I can tell you after a life time of competitive swimming, surfing and 14 years in a Surf Club on one of Sydney's toughest beaches, that guy would not make it to shore, particularly if there was a current going, with his girlfriend in tow. He has no chest muscles, no biceps. A statistic waiting to happen. One mile you say, in open water, at your age, and no athlete to boot. Rubbish ! Cut out your pathetic attempts to flame me and contribute something.

Begging your pardon, if you can swim over a mile, you Sir, are an athlete, it takes a fit person to be able to swim that far...........wai2.gifthumbsup.gif

He means that he doesn't look fit and strong. Surely you could have figured that out.

He means that he doesn't look fit and strong. Surely you could have figured that out.

He looks ok to me.

He might be a prize cage fighter for all you know pal

I can tell you after a life time of competitive swimming, surfing and 14 years in a Surf Club on one of Sydney's toughest beaches, that guy would not make it to shore, particularly if there was a current going, with his girlfriend in tow. He has no chest muscles, no biceps. A statistic waiting to happen. One mile you say, in open water, at your age, and no athlete to boot. Rubbish ! Cut out your pathetic attempts to flame me and contribute something.

Says the expert.

Says the expert.

Sorry, I meant says the 'sexpat'