Attacked by ladyboys..what would you do?

petedk

1) police do allow for self defence

2) however, any case of someone slapping or hitting someone does indeed incur a 500 baht fine

3) I personally do not believe this story as it is told

I hope I got this wrong.

I am extremely satisfied to hear that the Thai-Police allows for self defense. BUT: A person acting in self-defence and inevitably slapping and hitting the aggressor will be fined 500 Bht?

If correct, can anyone name an other country on this globe, that would allow for such utter absurdity ?

If correct, the usual "This is Thailand" Mantra will not suffice anymore.

Cheers

2) however, any case of someone slapping or hitting someone does indeed incur a 500 baht fine

I hope I got this wrong.

I am extremely satisfied to hear that the Thai-Police allows for self defense. BUT: A person acting in self-defence and inevitably slapping and hitting the aggressor will be fined 500 Bht?

If correct, can anyone name an other country on this globe, that would allow for such utter absurdity ?

Cheers

But....this is thailand.....so it will suffice......

You learned something today.....

In most places around the world, the degree to which you defend yourself has to be proportionate to the attack and much being related to the degree of things being life threatening to begin with.

As I understand the case in question, both parties were or will be fined as, under Thai law, both hit the other - and the Thai aggressors may even face jail

• Like 1

I hope I got this wrong.

Cheers

Thai Cops have no record of the incident. The couple claim to have lived in Thailand 3 years and yet walked on Beach road at the height of Songkran. The case was handled by a British Police volunteer.

Funny how much information one can get with google when the intent is not just to bash Thailand.

• Like 1

Seems like common sense would tell you not to walk out where water & talcum powder is being spread copiously. I mean it is their tradition so if a foreigner or Thai for that matter doesn't want to get douched or pasted stay home very easy answer. It is kinda like going to a beer fest rock concert & getting pissed that someone sloshes some beer on your outfit. I went ot today on beach road & had a great time. But I Have lived here 11 years & know the drill .That lady is lucky it wasn't a belligerent drunk farang that took offense to her pettiness. On the upside she is real lucky that Songran is not the festival of mechanics getting squirted with 30 weight & some nice tasty 90 weight gear oil & a smear of axle grease on the ole face LOL. Sounds like she should have stayed at the HI So Spa instead.

If I was attacked by ladyboys, I would take my high heel shoe off and chase them.

But they would never do that to me........they know who loves them and who loves them not.

Do you deliberately leave the other one on so that you do not catch them???

If I'm atacked by more than one person,I could care less about the fine or jail.I don't like pain.The knives are coming out.

Yeah and you would be in the same unfortunate situation a guy is in Phuket right now. Facing a murder charge. Real smart....

in that case, just lay down and act like you're dead..

Lie down on your back or on your stomach? cheesy.gif

A swift kick to the gooliesxcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU19fSS should prove to be sufficient encouragement for the miscreants to seek alternative sources of funding!

If you could find em.

Seems like common sense would tell you not to walk out where water & talcum powder is being spread copiously. I mean it is their tradition so if a foreigner or Thai for that matter doesn't want to get douched or pasted stay home very easy answer. It is kinda like going to a beer fest rock concert & getting pissed that someone sloshes some beer on your outfit. I went ot today on beach road & had a great time. But I Have lived here 11 years & know the drill .That lady is lucky it wasn't a belligerent drunk farang that took offense to her pettiness. On the upside she is real lucky that Songran is not the festival of mechanics getting squirted with 30 weight & some nice tasty 90 weight gear oil & a smear of axle grease on the ole face LOL. Sounds like she should have stayed at the HI So Spa instead.

Songkran in Pattaya has nothing what so every to do with Thai tradition,nothing.

• Like 2

Songkran in Pattaya has nothing what so every to do with Thai tradition,nothing.

Don't you mean Songkhran in Thailand!?xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.kh9vLpJQkU19fSS

• Like 1

in that case, just lay down and act like you're dead..

Lie down on your back or on your stomach? cheesy.gif

Fetal position.

It always works with bears.

You have not heard of "spooning"? cheesy.gif I am sure ladyboys have more brains than bears whistling.gif

Perhaps a few more sentences explaining on how extra polite the tourist lady was would help garner sympathy?

The 'victims' (not the LBs) were Canadian, so of course they were as polite as humanly possible. And they used proper grammar too, no doubt. smile.png

• Like 1

It is Thailand it has been a tradition for the past 20 years in Pattaya.

It is Thailand it has been a tradition for the past 20 years in Pattaya.

It has become traditional for it to be no longer traditionalcrazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m ! LOL

One of the many scams the ladyboys are doing is to start a fight with any random tourist, then when the police get there, the ladyboy will demand say 500 baht on the spot, or insist on going to the police station and spend all day there sorting the mess.

The ladyboys know that most tourists do not want to spend all day at the police station, especially as the tourists do not know what is going to happen or what the risks are, so the will likely just hand over the 500 baht, and move on.

The police are of course useless as usual and do not inform the tourists that they are being cheated.

As I have said before, the ladyboys have no legitimate business in those areas, they are a bunch of criminals and should be banned/removed permanently by the police.

Perhaps a few more sentences explaining on how extra polite the tourist lady was would help garner sympathy?

The 'victims' (not the LBs) were Canadian, so of course they were as polite as humanly possible. And they used proper grammar too, no doubt. smile.png

I listened to them talk (google is your friend) they speak accented French, probably Quebecois. The British police volunteer who handled the case may not have understood them.