Where to find Johnnie Walker Blue in BKK (Don't say the airport)

jaywalker

Nearly all of the large high end department stores have a supermarket which has a Wineshop next to it (or in it)...

They all sell high end Whisky - you should find Blue Label in any of these.

Try the following - which ever is nearest to you: Siam Paragon, Central Chit Lom, Emporium, EmQuatier.....

Also Villa Supermarkets tend to sell Blue Label (Villa Supermarket on Thonglor Soi 15 definitely does).

Note: Sales times of Alcohol - You can't purchase alcohol between 2-5pm.

Nearly all of the large high end department stores have a supermarket which has a Wineshop next to it (or in it)...

Try the following - which ever is nearest to you: Siam Paragon, Central Chit Lom, Emporium, EmQuatier.....

Also Villa Supermarkets tend to sell Blue Label (Villa Supermarket on Thonglor Soi 15 definitely does).

This is only limited to sales of less than 10 liters, if the case (.75l x 12?) falls just short, just throw in a cheap litre bottle of crap.

This is only limited to sales of less than 10 liters, if the case (.75l x 12?) falls just short, just throw in a cheap litre bottle of crap.

The 10 litre allowance has been scrapped for the general public in supermarkets, I was refused at Tesco in Chonburi a couple of days ago. I went to a wholesalers not far away and there was no problem.

• Like 1

The 10 litre allowance has been scrapped for the general public in supermarkets, I was refused at Tesco in Chonburi a couple of days ago. I went to a wholesalers not far away and there was no problem.

Unless you link to the updated law, that was just a Thai upsetting you for fun.

Sandyf is correct, the wholesale allowance has been canceled when they updated the law.

Johnny Walker Gold

I have some advice that might save you some serious baht. I used to work in the Middle East and we would often buy the Johnnie Walker Variety Packs at a Duty Free in one of the ports. So we always had several of the label colours, and we did extensive testing and comparing.

Without argument, we could tell the difference as we stepped up from Red to Black, to Green, and to Gold. The more expensive, the less bite it had, and the more enjoyable. However, we could not tell the difference between the Gold and the Blue.

We also noticed that there was less or no hangover feeling the next morning when we had drunk the Gold or the Blue. This must have something to do with the better filtering of these labels, and hence the higher price.

Gold Label at Villa, etc. costs just under 2,000 baht last time I checked. But the bottle has thick glass and is deceptive as it only contains 750 ml, not a litre which is usual for Black Label.

I did a blind taste test with several of my Johnnie loving friends. Put out Red, Black and Gold (no Blue). They couldn't tell the difference. Also seemed a little miffed at me for pulling their pants down in public. It's the placebo effect. Johnnie marks it up, you think it tastes better. Try the blind taste test.

The moving up the color ladder is great for impressing the impressionable and status conscious Thais, but that's all its good for.

Then, if you want a really nice smooth scotch to go with a fine cigar, go buy a single malt like Glenmorangie.

By the way, the more than 10 liters purchase law was scrapped effective first of the year. Even if you want a large quantity during the off hours of liquor sales, you must now have a reseller's license. I feel the noose tightening.

The notices on the beer shelves probably upset everyone in the store, they may have been dated April 1st but I don't read Thai.

You can in Villa, and Villa also stocks Johnnie Walker Blue.

Up until recently we could purchase alcohol in Villa between 2-5pm... However, on recent attempts the sale was not permitted - it appears that the enforcement of this regulation is becoming more strict.

For the purposes of accuracy: dantilley - Have you purchased alcohol between 2-5pm from Villa recently? (i.e in the past month) - Anyone else been successful ?

This may help other TV.members who go to Villa between 2-5pm expecting to pickup beers etc...

You can in Villa, and Villa also stocks Johnnie Walker Blue.

Up until recently we could purchase alcohol in Villa between 2-5pm... However, on recent attempts the sale was not permitted - it appears that the enforcement of this regulation is becoming more strict.

For the purposes of accuracy: dantilley - Have you purchased alcohol between 2-5pm from Villa recently? (i.e in the past month) - Anyone else been successful ?

This may help other TV.members who go to Villa between 2-5pm expecting to pickup beers etc...

There are exceptions. If you buy wholesale (forgot the minimum amount) you can buy anytime you want. Likewise if you buy a sufficiently expensive alcoholic beverage (Such as the special Chivas Regal in Emporium's Wine Cellar which costs 100'000 thb, no kidding) they are unlikely to refuse the 100'000thb.

For the purposes of accuracy: dantilley - Have you purchased alcohol between 2-5pm from Villa recently?

No, but now I think about it there were signs put up in Villa at Paseo Ladkrabang saying it's now not allowed between 2 and 5. These signs were also put up in Paradise Park briefly, but they've now been taken away. I suspect it was a brief enforcement, and maybe now an "agreement" has been reached and Villa is now exempt again. I'll try this weekend and see how it goes.

You could try the airport.

Sent from my c64

You read the title ?

yes I did read the tittle and I stand by my reply.

OP try the airport.

Try the airport. Tastes the same and you don't pay duty.