Suvarnabhumi says Chinese allowed to play cards at airport

webfact

Suvarnabhumi says Chinese allowed to play cards at airport
By Coconuts Bangkok

card.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Responding to viral photos of Chinese tourists harmlessly playing cards while waiting for a flight, Suvarnabhumi Airport explained to upset Thai netizens today that, no, there is nothing illegal about it because they weren’t gambling.

The response came after photos shared online by “Sulapon Yok Klnchamchoy” yesterday raised some eyebrows and sinophobia among the public for being “inappropriate.”

"Dear Chinese!" Sulapon wrote. "This is an airport. You play cards in the middle of an airport? Have some respect. Don't think you can just do anything! #PleaseShare."

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/04/21/suvarnabhumi-says-chinese-allowed-play-cards-airport

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-04-21

"Suvarnabhumi says Chinese allowed to play cards at airport"

(Does that mean King Power has figured out a way to franchise it or get a cut of any profits ? Are gambling winnings subject to VAT ? Will receipts be provided so that tourists can get their VAT refunds ? Is this restricted to Chinese only ? What about Chinese-Canadians, Chinese-Americans, Chinese-Thais ? If I can prove ancestry to ancient Asian races that crossed the Bering Straights to eventually populate North America, will I be allowed to "play" cards as well ?)

So confusing ! I tells you sonny, back in my day I was a high-stakes cribbage player ! Penny a point it was ! Them were the days when a penny was worth almost 10 cents by today's standards ! You could actually buy something with a penny back then ! They didn't call them "penny candy" for nothing you know. We didn't have any of your fancy Texas Hold 'em or "acey-duecey, one-eye jacks and Kings with the battle axe" wild card games when I was riffling the cards dad gum ! Cribbage, crazy-eights, rummy and for the wild ones maybe a little "blackjack". Ah yes, them were the days !

• Like 2

"Dear Chinese!" Sulapon wrote. "This is an airport. You play cards in the middle of an airport? Have some respect. Don't think you can just do anything! #PleaseShare."

Completely blind racist moron!

Completely blind racist nationalist moron!

Thais and Chinese are the same race, Asian.

Gimme a break, and I raise you 4!! tongue.pnglaugh.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

""Dear Chinese!" Sulapon wrote. "This is an airport. You play cards in the middle of an airport? Have some respect. Don't think you can just do anything! #PleaseShare."

Dear Sulapon, mind your own business and get a life you sad sack.

What is disrespectful about playing cards?

#Please stop sharing your ignorance and stupidity.

There is not much difference to playing cards than reading a book or playing a game on a smart phone or even sending a text of derogatory remarks about the Junta or your disappointing trip to Thailand, all you are doing is killing time at an airport , anyway they might have been playing snap.

• Like 1

This comes from your self appointed PM who has everyone looking down someone elses back. Now these idiots are just looking for anyone who is doing anything out of the Thai way and want to report it to the authorities. Read 1984.

• Like 2

This comes from your self appointed PM who has everyone looking down someone elses back. Now these idiots are just looking for anyone who is doing anything out of the Thai way and want to report it to the authorities. Read 1984.

"This comes from your self appointed PM......"

What is this? I fail to see how the government is involved in a story about a disgruntled Thai posting a complaint, about 4 Chinese tourists playing cards at the airport, on social network.

The AOT had to say something in response and did.

Eric Blair's book doesn't cover everything mate.

Don't mind Bob

The other day he was blaming a pizza on a self appointed chef.

I understand the point, though.

A few days ago, it was reported:

"Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-ocha has called on all Thais to help make their country worth knowing and visiting, during his announcement of the government’s performance over the past six months.

PM Prayut has asked all sectors, including the general public to do their best to strengthen society while the government strives to reform the country and solve deep-rooted problems.

To build a peaceful society, Gen. Prayut stressed that it was important that all citizens were aware of their role and mobilized their efforts to do their duty to the best of their ability."

These calls to the "general public" and "all citizens" seem harmless enough, but when the PM with supreme authority does so, everyone is free to interpret what he means, and overzealous morons will certainly make wrong interpretations.

We're not that far in Thailand from a "Cult of Personality" surrounding the PM. Certainly, the PM feels compelled to get in the news just about every day. We will know we have arrived when giant posters start appearing. w00t.gif

• Like 1

"This comes from your self appointed PM......"

What is this? I fail to see how the government is involved in a story about a disgruntled Thai posting a complaint, about 4 Chinese tourists playing cards at the airport, on social network.

The AOT had to say something in response and did.

Eric Blair's book doesn't cover everything mate.

Don't mind Bob

The other day he was blaming a pizza on a self appointed chef.

I understand the point, though.

A few days ago, it was reported:

"Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-ocha has called on all Thais to help make their country worth knowing and visiting, during his announcement of the government’s performance over the past six months.

PM Prayut has asked all sectors, including the general public to do their best to strengthen society while the government strives to reform the country and solve deep-rooted problems.

To build a peaceful society, Gen. Prayut stressed that it was important that all citizens were aware of their role and mobilized their efforts to do their duty to the best of their ability."

These calls to the "general public" and "all citizens" seem harmless enough, but when the PM with supreme authority does so, everyone is free to interpret what he means, and overzealous morons will certainly make wrong interpretations.

We're not that far in Thailand from a "Cult of Personality" surrounding the PM. Certainly, the PM feels compelled to get in the news just about every day. We will know we have arrived when giant posters start appearing. w00t.gif

:"...when giant posters start appearing. w00t.gif"

Don't hold your breath. There are many more giant posters of far more important and respected people around the country..

• Like 1