goverment saving bank

SCB asked me the same a few months back. I was doing a six figure transfer from my SCB account (opened about 15 years ago) to another Thai bank.

I explained that I had no UK 'home' address, was on a retirement visa and only had a Thai address. Nope, still needed to have a 'home' address. Even speaking to a supervisor brought out the same response - the form asked for a 'home' address so that's what they needed from me.

Anyway, no big deal, just gave them an old UK address and they completed the transaction. They just needed an address, any address, so that the form could be completed.

Edited by dabhand

^Same experience for me, too - though with GSB. They insisted on an address, even though I haven't lived back home for decades. In the end I gave them a superficial address, which they couldn't correctly put on their computer - and I was informed that their postcode field only accepted Thai postcodes...tongue.png

Oh yes, they said that any foreigner with over 2M in the bank was required to give an address in their home country - but the bank didn't know why an address was required or what it might be used for, they were just following some new orders.......

Edited by scooterboy

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

SCB asked me the same a few months back. I was doing a six figure transfer from my SCB account (opened about 15 years ago) to another Thai bank.

I explained that I had no UK 'home' address, was on a retirement visa and only had a Thai address. Nope, still needed to have a 'home' address. Even speaking to a supervisor brought out the same response - the form asked for a 'home' address so that's what they needed from me.

Anyway, no big deal, just gave them an old UK address and they completed the transaction. They just needed an address, any address, so that the form could be completed.

I had the same problem with Bangkok bank a few weeks ago

10 Downing St or Bucchingham Palace!!

• 2 weeks later...