Time For A New Phone...Is Lenovo Any Good?

lostinisaan

Hello,

My oldtimer Samsung seems to be in its last breathes and I'd like to buy a new cell,- mobile phone.

Saw a Lenovo yesterday with jellybean, android, 1 GB, plus a relatively good cam, plus many other features. I had not much time to check any further and would like to know if it's worth to send 2,200 baht fr it.

1, I saw the phone at a Makro and have my doubts to buy anything there.

2. Is Lenovo a good brand, I mean not a throw away after two months thing?

3. Wouldn't it be better to check at a Telewiz store and maybe pay a few baht more?

Any advice would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

lenovo is soon if not already the worlds largest computer /cell phone maker as for value cheap gets you nasty exspensive gets you brand name generally not so nasty it seems your buying on line ??just check the warranty /returns detail before you decide i would prefer deal with a shop /person than a mystery web site both difficult if your Thai is not that fluent biggrin.png certainly at shop /mall level

Edited by gerry123
  • Like 1

lenovo is soon if not already the worlds largest computer /cell phone maker as for value cheap gets you nasty exspensive gets you brand name generally not so nasty it seems your buying on line ??just check the warranty /returns detail before you decide i would prefer deal with a shop /person than a mystery web site both difficult if your Thai is not that fluent biggrin.png certainly at shop /mall level

1, I saw the phone at a Makro and have my doubts to buy anything there.

2. Is Lenovo a good brand, I mean not a throw away after two months thing?

3. Wouldn't it be better to check at a Telewiz store and maybe pay a few baht more?

Any advice would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thai is good enough, but the guys at Makro don't know much about what they're selling. Might check at telewiz.

I bought one to use in Thailand last year as I forgot my spare; gave it to a Thai lady friend and she still has it a year later and loves it.

But personally I prefer something a bit more powerful with more storage, etc.

• Like 1

Is Lenovo a good brand name? They bought almost all computer hardware activate from IBM, they bought iconic “American” Motorola mobile phone manufacturer... and are currently one of the top 5 mobile phone manufacturers on a global scale.

Have a look on their menu system, all brands are different and only you know if it siutable for your needs.

Regarding quality....I am using a Lenovo laptop since 15month, absolutely no problem and I´m quite impressed about performance, next one will surely be same brand, but I think it will last for a long time still

Regards

Amja

• Like 1

I bought one to use in Thailand last year as I forgot my spare; gave it to a Thai lady friend and she still has it a year later and loves it.

But personally I prefer something a bit more powerful with more storage, etc.

Thanks, your posts are always appreciated. I see a telephone as it is, to phone somebody and receive phones. I might use the calculator, shoot some photos, but when I need some stuff done, I prefer to use a notebook, or a PC.

Anyway, I'd never like to become as so many Thais, looking at my tiny telephone screen when sitting in a restaurant, etc...

Sorry, guess that's also happening in more developed countries.

P.S. The Samsung, I bought for my wife,s quite nice. But she still doesn't know hot to use it properly.

Lenovo phones all my thai friends have as a second phone why i don't know as if 1 isn't enough they look quite trendy and have all the features and for 2k enough said, if all goes pear shaped bin it and buy again, but doubt that will be the case the thais know.

I use a Samsung & still happy with it.(Great camera)

You want to change for changes sake or not happy with ur SS.

My mate, (who knows more about phones than I ever will bought an LG 6 months ago & says it is terrific.

For what that is worth

I just bought a Panasonic KX-PRX150. Its the only 2 in 1 Android
Phone on the market, eg, Mobile Phone and DECT phone in one.

Best mobile phone I ever had. Has 3G, DECT, WIFI and Bluetooth

As long I'm at home, I use it as house telephone and when I'm out,
it's a mobile phone.

Instead of using it's own base station, I connected it up to my Fritz Box
7490 router, which has a hard drive connected to it and so can access
all my music, videos and documents wherever I am.

Not cheap but not too expensive either. Only downfall, the internal
memory is a bit small and even though there is additional memory
installed, I can't run to many apps.

All phones are quite the same and there is no interest to choose the most powerful but you should only buy phones with clean Android, I mean only android and no shiiite software on top of that as HTC Sense, Huawei I don't know the name, Lenovo I don't know the name, etc...

The only pure Android phones I found are imobile and Samsung, most of the other brands modify the Android version and you have to wait that THEY (not google) decide that you can update to update when they want.

• Like 1

I just bought a Panasonic KX-PRX150. Its the only 2 in 1 Android

Phone on the market, eg, Mobile Phone and DECT phone in one.

Best mobile phone I ever had. Has 3G, DECT, WIFI and Bluetooth

As long I'm at home, I use it as house telephone and when I'm out,

it's a mobile phone.

Instead of using it's own base station, I connected it up to my Fritz Box

7490 router, which has a hard drive connected to it and so can access

all my music, videos and documents wherever I am.

Not cheap but not too expensive either. Only downfall, the internal

memory is a bit small and even though there is additional memory

installed, I can't run to many apps.

Thank you for your post, you remind me to add that the most important is the internal memory (ROM) that should be at least 4gb and 8gb better.

Without this the OP will face limitation to install applications. But now any cheap phone has at least 4gb and even 5000 thb Samsung have 8gb.

Lenovo is a solid brand, both in computer and mobile phones. Not spectacular but good for the price. Buy from a shop and try it out before purchasing. I was considering buying a Lenovo laptop when this old Samsung of mine dies. Mind you its been going strong for six years.

made in China, ...so lacking quality. I had a Lenovo laptop, ...... the touch pad did not work form the day I got it home and the shop did nothing about it. In the course of 2 years, I replaced the keyboard, the hard drive, the cam quit and had to use an external, ..same with the microphone, ...... crap crap crap!

made in China, ...so lacking quality. I had a Lenovo laptop, ...... the touch pad did not work form the day I got it home and the shop did nothing about it. In the course of 2 years, I replaced the keyboard, the hard drive, the cam quit and had to use an external, ..same with the microphone, ...... crap crap crap!

Had a 13" Lenovo Thinkpad. Solid construction but kept freezing after 2 years. Finally gave up and traded it in for a 11" Asus. Will not go back to Lenovo for anything now.

All phones are quite the same and there is no interest to choose the most powerful but you should only buy phones with clean Android, I mean only android and no shiiite software on top of that as HTC Sense, Huawei I don't know the name, Lenovo I don't know the name, etc...

The only pure Android phones I found are imobile and Samsung, most of the other brands modify the Android version and you have to wait that THEY (not google) decide that you can update to update when they want.

You need to get your information straight before you post. The ONLY pure Android phones are the Nexus phones. All the rest are modified by the providers including iMoblie and especially Samsung.

• Like 2

You need to get your information straight before you post. The ONLY pure Android phones are the Nexus phones. All the rest are modified by the providers including iMoblie and especially Samsung.

You are wrong but no need to argue, I get bored with people on this forum who always know everything better, but it's ok, I just wanted to help, I don't care actually.