Myanmar Immigration- -maesai/thakhilek

The Myanmar Immigration office has increased the entry fee from $5US or 250Bt to $10US or 500Bt on the first of September. They have added computers in the office so I am sure that is where the cost is going. You have to sit down at a computer now and they have a web cam on the computer that takes a photos of you. They then print a form that goes with your passport that has your photo and give you the other half if you are going into the market to shop. The photo is not clear at all; they have the computers facing the door and it is getting light from outside. In the end it takes longer to get though the Myanmar Immigration.

oh, but you now get 14 days to visit their beautiful country. why not take advantage of this, virtually, on arrival, visa?

i think i will. anyone know if i can re-enter thailand at another entry point or must i use the same one at mae sai?

oh, but you now get 14 days to visit their beautiful country. why not take advantage of this, virtually, on arrival, visa?

i think i will. anyone know if i can re-enter thailand at another entry point or must i use the same one at mae sai?

Do not know about the different entry place.....but...I was under the impression that visitors could only go on guided [accompanied] tours......maybe I am mistaken.Anyone know for sure?