Safe Deposit Boxes for Rent

William DeGraw

About the insurance thing, even banks not offer this and the one I used in BKK before also so thats not really common as far I know.Chivas, did you find somewhere where they offer this service, would like to know.

Edited by Rimmer
commercial

Who would want to put his belongings in an uninsured safety deposit box. Might be safer in your home, because there you can check if the owner of the place isn't emptying the boxes himself, and there is less chance that thieves come look for a safety deposit box at your house than there is a place with a big sign " safety deposit boxes".

William, are you the same that posted this question on PA recently? I thought you made your decision already. I’m confused. Or did you got a mailbox instead?

Anyway, like I pointed out there, I believe that in Pattaya, siam secure is indeed the best option. For obvious reasons such as 24/7 security on-site, long opening hours etc etc.
@Anthony5, personally I had 2 break-ins in the past 5 and half years of living in Pattaya. I hold mostly important docs that I do not want to lose such as bankbooks, birth certificate of my daughter, my passport, spare keys and some emergency cash. As long as you receive the full set of two original keys the owner cannot open it using keys. (chubb and other professional boxes won't have more than 2 keys for each box from the factory). And why would the owner do that anyway? His business is worthless as soon as the first box gets emptied. I think they did a fabulous job securing the place. Both walls and ceiling are reinforced concrete.
Of course you shouldn’t put your life savings in a safe deposit box. But putting your life savings at your house is even more stupid in my opinion.
People like me, who've had one or multiple break ins, are very happy with the peace of mind at siam secure for just 100 pounds a year.

• 4 months later...

Emailed these Guys yesterday as was intending to open but now Email address bounces back.

No answer via FB Messaging either.

Anyone local heard anything...?? Pretty sure we would have heard something if closed

Edited by Chivas

• 2 weeks later...

Emailed these Guys yesterday as was intending to open but now Email address bounces back.

No answer via FB Messaging either.

Anyone local heard anything...?? Pretty sure we would have heard something if closed

Email and FB as primary contact is 'different' in Thailand.

Use the phone?

• 8 months later...

I was really Happy at Siam Secure, they have reviews on Google, very pleasant experience, good English, smiles all around, parking too

I think about 4500baht a year

I got the same package, always had a good experience inthere and can recommend it to anyone else.