Speed Cams

Negita43

I don't know of any GPS that give them here my Garmin one doesn't. With regards to fixed S/cameras they are rife in and around BKK fine now seems to be 1,000bt paid on the spot with ticket issued, they seem to stop some 50/60 KM out side though.

But you will find the odd police hand held one normal fine 1/200bt cash of cause.

Many are not fixed. Just a guy there with a speed gun and one beside him phoning ahead. I've seen them on the side of the road several times, just before you see the road block ahead! LOL

There are a few fixed ones on the BKK expressways and on the 9 BKK bypass, I and a few of my friends have found to our displeasure.

Expressways variable speeds but you only get a ticket if you go over 110kph 'that's what's on the many lingo paper that they present to you' now seems to be 1,000bt. 9 is a fixed 500bt so stay below the 120kph limit.

Was posted a speed camera offense notice to Buriram address from ChangRai . Never saw the camera.Was clipped at 133 (?)! Have never exceeded 120 to date. Fine was 400 Bht. Am going to check accuracy of speedometer in car. Always forget my GPS also shows my speed. And even though set to detect it never has yet ! But also wonder if the cameras are regularly checked for calibration ? Especially those that are are being carried about.

Hi Thailand forum addict the info is actually for a Thai friend of mine so could you let me have the url of the Thai web site you mention.

And to those guys who see it as their role in life to make judgements on other people - I guess they are perfect and want the rest of us to be the same. Now what a a lovely old world that would be!!!!saai.gif.pagespeed.ce.f25DL0fHCdW09GY8hG

If I am going too fast and pass a guy holding a speed gun, I know a checkpoint

is ahead. So I cross over to the oncoming traffic side, then slowly drive against

traffic with my blinkers on until I pass the checkpoint. Then cross back... This is

pretty easy to do on a motorcycle , guess it could be done in a small car... :-)

You are joking... right ?

If not, you are one seriously fuked up guy.... & so is anyone liking your post.

Immature, irresponsible & a complete cockhead are just a few names to describe the likes of you.

Most farangs deplore how Thais drive...... & then along comes the likes of you.

I've noticed that on the Bang Na Trad express way there is often speed camera just before the large toll booth (exiting bangkok).

There is also commonly a speed camera just after Central Bang Na on the large corner heading into town on the same express way.

What I have noticed is that drivers in the opposite direction will flash their lights as a warning.

I've seen this in the UK numerous times and now here. To me it was obvious enough that I when I've seen a handful of other cars in driving on the next carriage way towards me flashing their lights for no apparent reason, there is a speed camera ahead.

This 'flashing' has given me forewarning to rein in my speed (yes speeding is breaking the law - but start a new topic and debate on another thread if you must !)...

OP asked <Snip> does any gps have their location here<Snip>

Well I have the Sygic Navigation app on my iPad.

It uses TomTom maps which are very good and it shows static cameras, has a heads up disply for night use, a built in traffic cam, navigates to a photo, a route analysis tool and much more. The maps are downloaded to your iPad/smart phone etc so as long as your device has the GPS receivers built in, it works without an internet connection.

Obviously, you would need an internet connection to enjoy live traffic data.

Laislica - Are you saying Sygic shows cameras for Thailand?

I have Sygic and according to their website they only have camera info for UK USA AUS NZ and some other european countries.

I haven't used it for a year or so but sygic certainly did show some cameras on mitrapap between korat and udon than.

I can remember a breakfast radio show in Melbourne that had a segment where people would call in every morning to tell listeners where the latest speed cameras were located. When asked, the Police Commissioner said no problem as it made people slow down which was the aim anyway. Last few trips to Australia and I see very few cars flashing their lights to warn others. You really don't see that many cars speeding. The size of the fines means most people drive at about the posted speed, I know I do now for that exact reason.

Laislica - Are you saying Sygic shows cameras for Thailand?

I have Sygic and according to their website they only have camera info for UK USA AUS NZ and some other european countries.

Well it sometimes me cameras.

I don't currently drive in Thailand and mostly use the navi to see where we are and how we get there.

IT HAS BEEN USEFUL WHEN THE TAXI DRIVER IS LOST LOL. Oops caps.

Perhaps you can download the trial and check it out for yourself?

The trial is fully functional for about a month then some features disappear but you can still use it.

I've seen the camera icons and then distance from with a count down in BKK but I haven't studied it for Thailand as such.

Heres a Pic.Apple Apps I6 +.Settings are Go as U can see. Ill try it later.thumbsup.gifattachicon.gif11156895_867149510032581_401080423_n.jpg

I have the paid for iPad version and the latest free update gave me all those things too - I love it!

Edit

I set it to Spanish or Thai to help us keep up with both languages and it gives the Thai family quite a laugh!

Edited by laislica

I don't know of any GPS that give them here my Garmin one doesn't. With regards to fixed S/cameras they are rife in and around BKK fine now seems to be 1,000bt paid on the spot with ticket issued, they seem to stop some 50/60 KM out side though.

But you will find the odd police hand held one normal fine 1/200bt cash of cause.

Rife? I don't think so. You'd be lucky if a single one was operating at any one time anywhere in Bangkok. I have heard there may be a single one located on the whole Bangkok-Chonburi motorway.