Speed Cams

Negita43

Km43 Highway 7 Nearish Airport 2 Cameras 1 each direction

And they are working as Wifey got a fine through the post

Exact location is 43.8 km marker. These hidden cameras are not about reducing speed, they are about taxing motorists. If they really wanted to save lives they would install Spec cameras which measuren your average speed between two cameras. Install sets of Spec cameras on the motorway with clear warning signs and everyone slows down. But of course if everyone slows down there are no fines to fill the pockets of lazy, corrupt ....

A further issue. I work in Chonburi and staff at the factory have been caught by this camera. The owner, who drives a Mercedes S Class and the factory manager who drives a second hand Mazda. The owner doesn't give a damn how many tickets he gets and his secretary deals with the paperwork, but for the manager these fines hurt.

Edited by pj123

Exact location is 43.8 km marker. These hidden cameras are not about reducing speed, they are about taxing motorists. If they really wanted to save lives they would install Spec cameras which measuren your average speed between two cameras. Install sets of Spec cameras on the motorway with clear warning signs and everyone slows down. But of course if everyone slows down there are no fines to fill the pockets of lazy, corrupt ....

A further issue. I work in Chonburi and staff at the factory have been caught by this camera. The owner, who drives a Mercedes S Class and the factory manager who drives a second hand Mazda. The owner doesn't give a damn how many tickets he gets and his secretary deals with the paperwork, but for the manager these fines hurt.

43.8 Totally Correct, Here is the Picture post-14647-0-25395300-1431828729_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

The average speed cameras would be a good idea, but as Thailand is so inefficient when it comes to collecting any fines at all (I have driven about 60,000km on Thai roads throughout all parts of the country since December 2013) and have never once received any speeding fine within that time, it goes to prove that speed cameras must be an extreme rarity on Thai roads. So the first step would be to install speed cameras on more roads and then we can begin talking about how they are just a tax to generate revenue from motorists, which they may very well be (even in the west I would say that is largely their intention even if governments claim otherwise) but for now, Thailand just isn't efficient enough when it comes to enforcing road rules like speeding, hence I wouldn't be worried in the least bit about receiving a fine, as not only are they small but as my experience proves, it's quite rare you would even be issued with one in the first place.

I have noticed a couple of new speed cameras in a few locations, such as Bang Pa-in district, northbound direction on the Bang Pa-in to Nakorn Sawan section of Asia Highway route 2 I think it is, but not sure if it's working. Similarly, coming down from Pak Chong to Saraburi on Mittraphab highway near the base of the hill in Kaeng Khoi district there's another one. Inside Bangkok there's one on the road connecting Pradit Manutham road (Nawamin) to Ramindra Road with a speed limit sign that states 80 is the limit. And occasionally one sees a couple of speed cameras in other places too including signs (in Thai only) warning of their presence, but I'm still sceptical that they even work in the first place?

Or have I just been lucky?

However, it would be a good start if there were more speed limit signs because the lack of signs probably means most drivers here think there are no speed limits at all. In some ways, they may be right.