Business/Investment Plan 7M Baht

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't take your money to the grave, but you can help improve the lot of others, and even feel good doing it.

that's correct, I will send him the bank account details I mentioned earlier, he will improve the life of the Nigeria Prince I mentioned...biggrin.png

Imo dont invest in anything in thailand if you want a steady income. Be happy with a smaller return because that much is dreaming. My guess is that money is a redundancy retirement or selling of assets in own country. I would have left that money in property in my home country and rent out 1 house or small condo through an agent not in thailand. I would be happy with just a term deposit on that amount and just live off the interest. I would talk to a financial planner in my own country, and not on tv.

Find a business partner with similar funds if you want to invest in a business, otherwise unless you are lucky , come up with a unique idea or want to work yourself to death then forget it!!

Car rental is a way to make money but its a lot of hassle and unless you get short term rentals all the time you wont make the kind of money you want.

Perhaps offering an automated service such as credit card payment processing, CNC production, VoIP, or anything that interacts less with the finicky general public. But first, what is the target market? Thailand may not be the most lucrative market for a start up. Maybe do a bunch of micro businesses just to see what sells. Set aside 2 million to lose if Thailand is the place you really want to start a business. If not, with 5 million left, I'd buy 4 million in stocks that pay dividends and live frugally off of that with the remaining 1 million allocated for emergencies.

It's probably impolite to ask but what do you need the money for? If you need to pay off a big debt and have 7 million to earn it with, you need a high-risk investment.

If u need to pay off a big debt, investing 7 millions in Thailand is already a high risk investment. If u have to ask for advise, u are clearly behind the 8ball and will lose the rest

Edited by BlueSkyCowboy

With the limited info given nobody could give u any advise. How old are you? What is your language skill in Thai? What is your back ground? Do u have a reliable Thai partner?How long have u lived in Thailand? So many questions have to be asked and asnwered first.

Find a business partner with similar funds if you want to invest in a business, otherwise unless you are lucky , come up with a unique idea or want to work yourself to death then forget it!!

Car rental is a way to make money but its a lot of hassle and unless you get short term rentals all the time you wont make the kind of money you want.

Another bad idea.

7 million in savings does not mean you will invest it all, so how much are you really willing to risk if a business fails? 2 million?

Like many others have said, its depends how much work you are willing to do, can you speak thai, do you have a thai partner?

Here is a list of things I can think of that requires minimum skills and fastest to get running.

Invest 20,000 to 100,000: Simple drink/snack franchise, you can pull in 10,000 to 20,000 per month depending on location and traffic. Open a couple of franchise, you can easily make 100,000. You will have to hover over each franchise like an eagle to make sure money don't go missing and things are running like its suppose to be. Locations for the best success are places like malls, big c, and lotus.

Small coffee shops 200,000 to 500,000: Profit of around ranging from 30,000 to 50,000.

Real Estate Agent: If you can close 3-4 deals per month, you can make over 100,000

If you think you can just throw the money down and sit for the cash to flow in, better to keep the money in the bank and enjoy your life.

Any good ideas how to make 100-150,000 Baht/month in Thailand? I have 7M Baht savings. Sarcastic replies will be read for the humor but not considered.

Many thanks.

Economist point of view:

Return of 100K is 18.556%

{ ( 100000/7000000 ) +1}^12

or for 150K is 28.97%.

Practical POV if some body offers you a safe investment that will give you that yield - run away as you can.

Haim

An Internet "cafe" targeting very young people looks like a good business. I see all full of teens all day...and just attended by one person....But...location and equipment installation and service is very important. Good thing..do not need much personal work.

If I had the money...that will be the business to look on. Easy to run and a money maker. Better than laundry paid machines.

With a million bath you can have your own 7/11 ....but again..location and staff it is fundamental, and requires some personal work. It is not very profitable, but it is secure and also easy to run like most franchises.

Internet cafes are played out and closing down, maybe not for farangs carrying 500 baht phones, but for everyone else carrying a smartphone or tablet, irrelevant other than for having access to a printer. As for running a shop too many stories about stock control and pilfering. Both ideas guaranteed to cut off that 7m at the knees.

We've been sending him PMs

(I'm almost surprised that a bunch of different people haven't already offered to sell the OP half-interest in the various high-end business's that they don't actually own. This is the time of year when bar owners who were suckered into buying loser bars at the end of the last high season, now try and dump those same bars on starry-eyed new arrivals with tropical dreams and bulging bank accounts, before they learn what "low season" means !)

An online business is the way to go. It's a steep learning curve but can be done with a very small outlay and no overheads, but like any other business requires lots of time, a willingness to learn, a fair amount of patience, ability to make some mistakes and learn from them and determination. The only equipment you will need is a computer and an internet connection.

In other words it's like a physical business without the leases, staff and other commitments required for those types of businesses. It can be very frustrating but very rewarding when you get it right, same as a real business but without the risk of losing your shirt. The income is related to your marketing skills, not your capital outlay. Hang on to your capital and leverage your mind, the first is hard to come by, the latter you can learn for free.

Send me a personal message if you want more info.

With the limited info given nobody could give u any advise. How old are you? What is your language skill in Thai? What is your back ground? Do u have a reliable Thai partner?How long have u lived in Thailand? So many questions have to be asked and asnwered first.

I do not agree wth any of your questions. Somebody asking on a public forum how to make 17-20% RoI per year only deserves some head shaking...

Op is trolling

his not been back, just sitting back having a laugh.

Why does he need 100 / 150k a month in Thailand, why ?

why not say 60,000. many people easy live on that amount.

Come on Op tell me why ?

why does he need it /...cos maybe he does, not everyone lives on THB 60k/m you know

stop being so bloody nosy

Op is trolling

his not been back, just sitting back having a laugh.

Why does he need 100 / 150k a month in Thailand, why ?

why not say 60,000. many people easy live on that amount.

Come on Op tell me why ?

why does he need it /...cos maybe he does, not everyone lives on THB 60k/m you know

stop being so bloody nosy

I will ask what I like ,

your not in charge here mate. don't be so bloody silly.

I think his a troll

I just had a chat with the lady who sells Döner Kebab in Pattaya. Her investment was about 50K. All you need is a small kiosk in a good location. With 1 kebab spit per day -she told me- she can sell 180-200 portions which is 10,800 to 12,000 Baht per day. Her daily costs are lower than 4K/per day. It's a monthly profit of more than 200K. Enough for you? If you want to see people who became millionaire by selling Kebab then go to Sukhumvit Soi 5 in Bkk. It's only 20 meters inside the Soi on the right hand side. They offer chicken and beef kebab and soft drinks and within 1 hour they sell approximately 20-25 kebab at 60 Baht each. In only 12 hrs they make about 15-18K plus the drinks.

Morgage 26k

Car 17k

health ins 5k

Utilities 5k

Gasoline 4k

Im all ready pushing the 60k and havent started with all the other bills.

Many spend alot more too

Ok, last post on this thread , not feeding the troll anymore.

BTW

if you still have a mortgage and are still paying off a car. = 43,000

Then you have been not very successful so far have you.

good day to you.

I just had a chat with the lady who sells Döner Kebab in Pattaya. Her investment was about 50K. All you need is a small kiosk in a good location. With 1 kebab spit per day -she told me- she can sell 180-200 portions which is 10,800 to 12,000 Baht per day. Her daily costs are lower than 4K/per day. It's a monthly profit of more than 200K. Enough for you? If you want to see people who became millionaire by selling Kebab then go to Sukhumvit Soi 5 in Bkk. It's only 20 meters inside the Soi on the right hand side. They offer chicken and beef kebab and soft drinks and within 1 hour they sell approximately 20-25 kebab at 60 Baht each. In only 12 hrs they make about 15-18K plus the drinks.

As I assume you are not a Thai citizen, to comply with the law you cannot lift a finger to cook or serve food or transact the sales. They are just three of the many jobs that farangs are forbidden to do even with a work permit. Mostly, all you can do in the terms of a work permit is direct staff, order supplies, pay bills & wages and take the money to the bank. Not doing any work in the business will put up the overheads a lot and not sitting taking the money at the cash desk yourself will expose you more to staff dishonesty. Please research the work permit and business permit thing carefully. They are possibly not what you imagine.

Edited by The Deerhunter

Good example, I've done calculations for bubble tea and coffee stands at good location, its quite amazing to see the profit you can make, the margins for selling water is so high. Especially if you scale it up and have a handful of locations, nice little business with very few things that can go wrong. The only problem is money collection, many times it goes missing! But that can be solved by counting the number of cups.

Good example, I've done calculations for bubble tea and coffee stands at good location, its quite amazing to see the profit you can make, the margins for selling water is so high. Especially if you scale it up and have a handful of locations, nice little business with very few things that can go wrong. The only problem is money collection, many times it goes missing! But that can be solved by counting the number of cups.

You make it all sound so easy .... very unrealistically so.

For 17-20% return you need to open your own business and for this you need to have your own drive/passion what you like.

That return running your own business may not really be 17-20%. You also have to take account of the salary you would have got had you spent your time working for someone else.

I know several people who run their own businesses here and their income per hour worked is very small indeed. I dare say some are more successful.

I guess it depends on the type of business. There are many ways how to get very good returns on your investment but you do need to put a lot effort into it. Let me give you some examples of what you can do:

1) a friend of mine sells hearing aids and he has now 4 branches in Bangkok and is about to expand to other cities in Thailand. He makes returns on his investments above 25%.

2) I've built a pig farm and also get returns from pig farming closer to 30%

3) I have built 2 student apartment buildings and they both return around 7-8%

4) A friend of mine invested roughly 1m into a small shop(similar 7/11) but no franchise. She averages about 25k net profit (after tax and all costs). This is approx 30% RoI.

5) I'm planning to invest some money into opening a gym and expect returns also to be at least in the 20% range.

So there are many ways you can invest into a business with good returns but it is hard work and plenty of "headache" involved. So unless you are prepared to go through it and have the drive and passion to make it successful, I would stay away from businesses.

One thing I keep reminding people about is to look at what are the next trends when people have more disposable income and the middle class is growing. What do people spend money for. Have a look at Asian countries that are ahead in their development to see next trends. Look at Singapore, Hong Kong, Korea etc and you see what people Will be interested in over the next years. Just some ideas.....