Russian victim of Bag Snatch on Jomtien Beach

Lite Beer

Russian victim of Bag Snatch on Jomtien Beach

russia-22.jpg?db862d

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Friday, a 24 year old Russian Female Tourist became the latest victim of a bag snatch, on Jomtien Beach.

The suspect, Khun Nalong aged 21, was arrested in Soi Kaotalo in East Pattaya after he was known to have taken a motorbike taxi to the area following the bag snatch.

The victim is Miss Elena Kursanova who described how the suspect came up behind her as she walked along Jomtien Beach opposite the entrance to Soi 2. He snatched her shoulder bag, which contained an IPhone 4S and other less valuable personal items.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/186946/russian-victim-of-bag-snatch-on-jomtien-beach/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-24

How could they catch the thief so quickly ?

When he was dropped-off in East Pattaya, did he remain exactly at the drop-off point ?

Is this story fiction ?

If not, why didn't the reporters get more info to this story ?

Why did the policeman doing his job get 5000 Baht reward ?

And the Russian will be spreading the word her bag was snatched and the thief was caught by the Police. Now that is reassuring to other Russians contemplating coming to Pattaya. If you're a victim of crime, don't worry, they will be caught in break-neck speed.

Another story that beggars belief, let alone 90% of the report missing.

Ex-Convict Arrested for Stealing From Russian Tourist

BY Khaosod Eng.

CHONBURI - A former convict pardoned earlier this month was arrested yesterday for robbing a foreign tourist in the resort town of Pattaya, police say.

The 24-year-old Russian woman notified police around 3am and said a Thai man stole her purse while she was sitting and drinking beer on Jomtien beach.

Police officers later found a man who matched her description and was carrying cash and a mobile phone that belonged to the Russian tourist, Pol.Maj. Saranyapong Maithongkul said.

The suspect, identified as Narong Chanrasmi, said he approached the tourist, pretended to make a toast with her, and snatched her bag after she let her guard down. Narong, 21, also said he hired a motorcycle taxi to flee the scene and threw the purse away in Soi 1 after emptying its contents.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1429949327

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-04-25

They need a "Three Times and then Life Law" here.

The real problem here is most do not have an education or skill. They also see no future for themselves so why not take from those that have.

Of coirse, it is stupid for a young women to be hanging around at 03:00, unless she has a "Black Belt" and is looking for practice.

I still cannot figure out why a 24 yo lady would be drinking beer at 3am alone on a beach anywhere let alone a place like Pattaya .

and what's this 'want to make a toast with her'.? I wish I could understand the modern jargon. coffee1.gif

Last week, my thai neighbour told me that some thousands of inmated were pardoned, and that the place would become more dangerous for all...

Looks like she was right...

I mentioned on another thread that one of the biggest complaints I hear from the local police is the annual release of tens of thousands of prisoners by the birthday amnesties. All it does is enable career criminals to continue their trade.

I'm just going to come out and say it - if she wasnt hammered and she wasnt stoned, and she looks neither in the photos, what would any halfway street-smart Russian working girl be doing on a beach in Jomtien at 3am ? I'm not calling the woman a hooker, but unless her partner of friends (!) left her completely in the lurch I'm at a loss as to what happened here. Naive at best.

Last week, my thai neighbour told me that some thousands of inmated were pardoned, and that the place would become more dangerous for all...

I mentioned on another thread that one of the biggest complaints I hear from the local police is the annual release of tens of thousands of prisoners by the birthday amnesties. All it does is enable career criminals to continue their trade.

I have often wondered that myself, but have been reluctant to say too much

due to the origins of the amnesty.....

I'm just going to come out and say it - if she wasnt hammered and she wasnt stoned, and she looks neither in the photos, what would any halfway street-smart Russian working girl be doing on a beach in Jomtien at 3am ? I'm not calling the woman a hooker, but unless her partner of friends (!) left her completely in the lurch I'm at a loss as to what happened here. Naive at best.

Pattaya is a tourist town and a party town.

Some of the discos open late and are operating until sunrise.

These are tourists, who do not know Pattaya too well, and are out to enjoy themselves, she may well not be a hooker as you believe.

They come out of a venue, the streets are quiet, the baht bus driver wants 500 baht, a lot of money now to a Russian with the lowly Ruble.

So she starts to walk back to her hotel, not knowing the'land of smiles' (as she has been told by TAT) has an underbelly of crime and poor policing.

She isn't the problem.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"The suspect claimed that he had just been released from prison on April 3rd after he had been jailed for robbery and because he had no money he decided to rob again."

facepalm.gif blink.png facepalm.gif

I'm just going to come out and say it - if she wasnt hammered and she wasnt stoned, and she looks neither in the photos, what would any halfway street-smart Russian working girl be doing on a beach in Jomtien at 3am ? I'm not calling the woman a hooker, but unless her partner of friends (!) left her completely in the lurch I'm at a loss as to what happened here.

Naive at best.

Pattaya is a tourist town and a party town.

Some of the discos open late and are operating until sunrise.

These are tourists, who do not know Pattaya too well, and are out to enjoy themselves, she may well not be a hooker as you believe.

They come out of a venue, the streets are quiet, the baht bus driver wants 500 baht, a lot of money now to a Russian with the lowly Ruble.

So she starts to walk back to her hotel, not knowing the'land of smiles' (as she has been told by TAT) has an underbelly of crime and poor policing.

She isn't the problem.

No, she isn't the problem, and this isn't 'blame the victim' week. Of course she should be free to walk wherever she wants at that hour - I certainly do and have done for the last 12 months, with a couple of exceptions and I'm afraid anything resembling a beach is one of them. I dont know how many bars or clubs in Jomtien are still going at that hour, whether she had a fight with her companion(s) or what, but in 18 years as a weekend warrior I managed to hang onto my wallet.

Whatever the case, she seems to have her bag back - a little older and hopefully a little wiser.

"The suspect claimed that he had just been released from prison on April 3rd after he had been jailed for robbery and because he had no money he decided to rob again."

Is it really so surprising ? Who's going to hire these people, even if they are prepared to work for 2-300 baht a day ? Doesnt justify their crimes but I doubt that any part of the Thai justice system could care less about recidivism : without family to support them when they get out, its difficult to see how the repeat offenders are ever going to be anything else. Faced with the prospect of being savagely beaten by an angry mob if they're caught stealing in their own communities vs being arrested and thrown back in jail, its not hard to see why they are prepared to go after the low hanging fruit in a tourist town.

I went to great lengths in another post to explain why I believe there are ~700 Thais in Pattaya - male and female - between 15 and 55 who I would consider sufficiently desperate to commit violent crime to get money. If the only thing holding a large proportion of them back in any given week is the fear of being jailed, what deterrent is there in a revolving-door system ? I have no doubt that the Thai prison system is hopelessly overcrowded and in dire need of reform but putting them back on the streets with a couple of hundred baht (my assumption) isnt helping anyone except yaba dealers and cops looking for a photo op. Doesnt make Thailand unique - the US incarcerates a higher percentage of it's population than any other country - the difference is that no-one seems to give a flying frack until negative publicity from outside the country threatens to damage Thailand's image among the tourist horde.

• Like 1

Is it really so surprising ? Who's going to hire these people, even if they are prepared to work for 2-300 baht a day ? Doesnt justify their crimes but I doubt that any part of the Thai justice system could care less about recidivism : without family to support them when they get out, its difficult to see how the repeat offenders are ever going to be anything else....

Website of thai Department of Correction says they have mission: "Rehabilitating prisoners with efficiency"