Thailand Live Tuesday 15 October 2024

10. 0

Buriram Police Arrest Woman for Posting Fake Rental Listings

11. 7

12. 7

13. 0

Sattahip Women Arrested for Playing Card Game Without Asking for Permission

14. 1

Biden’s Deployment of Missile System and Troops to Israel Escalates U.S. Role in M.E.

Diet Pepsi dropping aspartame on customer concerns

Lite Beer

And if it's found in 25 years that no such cancer clusters occur because one would have had to drink 100 liters per day of day soda for 25 years to even approach a reasonable risk of cancer then lots have people would have gone hysterical for nothing.

Going hysterical is never for naught.

Artificial sweeteners might be considered to be safe but there was a time when that was said of vaccines too.

Indeed, many things which were originally considered safe, have turned out to be not safe. When early Atomic bomb tests happened in the western USA, it wasn't considered important to notify the villagers downwind. Phen Phen, or the non-food artificial fats that were added to grocery store items (you'll just shit them out, no problem); similar stories. Cigarettes were once advertised as 'promoting health' with testimonies from doctors. There's a long list of manufacture/artificial items that were originally touted as 'safe' by governments and industry, which were later found to be harmful. Asbestos insulation, lead-in-paint, and Radon in house walls are others. Love Canal, anyone?

As I said in my 1st post on this thread, I knew aspastamine was not good for health 25 years ago. Pepsi corp must have known that also, unless they're too stupid to know. Now, a quarter century and a billion Pepsi's later, Pepsi heads realize there may be problems with aspartamine, so they're changing their recipe.

The only problem that Pepsi seems to have with aspartame is that people in their surveys prefer sucralose. At any rate, if I have the choice to listen to you or Brother Ray, I'll take Ray.

Edited by JLCrab

For those who can't seem to find any studies on the safety of Aspartame, the European Food Safety Authority carried out this study in 2013:

EFSA completes full risk assessment on aspartame and concludes it is safe at current levels of exposure

Aspartame and its breakdown products are safe for human consumption at current levels of exposure, EFSA concludes in its first full risk assessment of this sweetener. To carry out its risk assessment, EFSA has undertaken a rigorous review of all available scientific research on aspartame and its breakdown products, including both animal and human studies.

“This opinion represents one of the most comprehensive risk assessments of aspartame ever undertaken. It’s a step forward in strengthening consumer confidence in the scientific underpinning of the EU food safety system and the regulation of food additives”, said the Chair of EFSA’s Panel on Food Additives and Nutrient Sources Added to Foods (ANS Panel), Dr Alicja Mortensen.

Experts of ANS Panel have considered all available information and, following a detailed analysis, have concluded that the current Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) of 40mg/kg bw/day is protective for the general population. However, in patients suffering from the medical condition phenylketonuria (PKU), the ADI is not applicable, as they require strict adherence to a diet low in phenylalanine (an amino acid found in proteins).

Following a thorough review of evidence provided both by animal and human studies, experts have ruled out a potential risk of aspartame causing damage to genes and inducing cancer. EFSA’s experts also concluded that aspartame does not harm the brain, the nervous system or affect behaviour or cognitive function in children or adults. With respect to pregnancy, the Panel noted that there was no risk to the developing fetus from exposure to phenylalanine derived from aspartame at the current ADI (with the exception of women suffering from PKU).

The opinion makes clear that the breakdown products of aspartame (phenylalanine, methanol and aspartic acid) are also naturally present in other foods (for instance, methanol is found in fruit and vegetables). The contribution of breakdown products of aspartame to the overall dietary exposure to these substances is low.

http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/press/news/131210.htm

And here's one that wasn't bought by Big Pharma:

http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Deception-Splenda-NutraSweet-Hazardous-ebook/dp/B007V93QT0/ref=la_B001H6SYUE_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1430385528&sr=1-4

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And if it's found in 25 years that no such cancer clusters occur because one would have had to drink 100 liters per day of day soda for 25 years to even approach a reasonable risk of cancer then lots have people would have gone hysterical for nothing.

Going hysterical is never for naught.

Artificial sweeteners might be considered to be safe but there was a time when that was said of vaccines too.

Indeed, many things which were originally considered safe, have turned out to be not safe. When early Atomic bomb tests happened in the western USA, it wasn't considered important to notify the villagers downwind. Phen Phen, or the non-food artificial fats that were added to grocery store items (you'll just shit them out, no problem); similar stories. Cigarettes were once advertised as 'promoting health' with testimonies from doctors. There's a long list of manufacture/artificial items that were originally touted as 'safe' by governments and industry, which were later found to be harmful. Asbestos insulation, lead-in-paint, and Radon in house walls are others. Love Canal, anyone?

As I said in my 1st post on this thread, I knew aspastamine was not good for health 25 years ago. Pepsi corp must have known that also, unless they're too stupid to know. Now, a quarter century and a billion Pepsi's later, Pepsi heads realize there may be problems with aspartamine, so they're changing their recipe.

The only problem that Pepsi seems to have with aspartame is that people in their surveys prefer sucralose. At any rate, if I have the choice to listen to you or Brother Ray, I'll take Ray.

Yes, Ray sings a lot better then I, but he could have done a better job at what he put in his bloodstream. RIP brother Ray.

• 4 years later...