Fuzz-Z-Wuz-He

Gonzo the Face

I don't know what made me think of it, but soon almost 30 years in Thailand ...... and......

How come I have never seen a woman police officer on Motorcycle.

You see policewomen , no problem, but I have never seen one on Moto Patrol.

Couldn't be discrimination, could it ????

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Not likely to see one on a bike,even in Thaiand

I didn't know that - a long time ago? It's what the Aussie soldiers (now politically incorrectly) called the locals who were helping out with resupplies, directions and path clearing to make the Kocoda Track in Papua New Guinea during WW2.

• Like 1

re

a police man and his long haired woman partner whos a bit of a lump go past the beer stube at about 10 ish almost every night on patrol !

if you mean big bikes ?

I doubt any thai little lovely could hold one up coz their legs are too short to reach the ground :)

dave2

ps .. who was it in dads army that used to say the fuzzy wuzzys don't like it up em ?

post-42592-0-83140000-1429955391_thumb.j

• Like 1

Women motorcycle cops in Japan can ride circles around the best of us. These tiny women push big 750 Hondas around the tightest slalom courses at speeds I don't like to ride straight roads!

Can't see why the Thai women couldn't do the same. Check out the woman at 07:02 seconds;

After 40 years on a bike, with American Motorcycle Assoc. classes, four days at the California Superbike School, and the Swiss Alpine Racing School, I thought I could ride. Wrong.

So I signed up for a three-week 8-hours a day motorcycle school in Japan. NOW I can ride a motorcycle, If the Japanese can teach me, and their tiny women how to handle a big bike (and picking up a fallen bike IS required for the Japanese bike license exam) the Thai women certainly can learn to ride!

• Like 2

Here you go Gonzo http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/4320591/Thailand-to-recruit-first-women-police-officers.html

Not quite 30 years ago that they were allowed in many more positions than in the past... The above article is from 2009. I can remember news stories when this happened.

AND FOR YOUR ADDED READING PLEASURE http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/564430-gender-inequality-still-a-problem-among-thai-police-cadets-say-female-students/

Edited by hml367

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Not likely to see one on a bike,even in Thaiand

I didn't know that - a long time ago? It's what the Aussie soldiers (now politically incorrectly) called the locals who were helping out with resupplies, directions and path clearing to make the Kocoda Track in Papua New Guinea during WW2.

It wasn't too politically incorrect when you give them their full title - Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels. They won this appellation of praise for helping wounded Australian soldiers back down the Kokoda Track in PNG during WW2.

Now we are getting off the track but it is appropriate as today is Anzac Day.

Lest We Forget.

• Like 2

re

a police man and his long haired woman partner whos a bit of a lump go past the beer stube at about 10 ish almost every night on patrol !

if you mean big bikes ?

I doubt any thai little lovely could hold one up coz their legs are too short to reach the ground smile.png

dave2

ps .. who was it in dads army that used to say the fuzzy wuzzys don't like it up em ?

It was the butcher Lance Corp Jones, 'Don't panic,Don't panic

Fuzzy-wuzzy was the nickname given by the British troops to their Hadendoa / Beja opponents during the Mahdist Wars in the Sudan (1881-1899) because of their wild, 'fuzzy-wuzzy' hair style. They were good warriors, greatly admired by the British, prompting Kipling to write his poem 'Fuzzy Wuzzy":

According to Wikipedia: Kipling's poem Fuzzy-Wuzzy praises the Hadendoa for their martial prowess, because "for all the odds agin' you, Fuzzy-Wuz, you broke the square". Kipling's narrator, an infantry soldier, speaks in admiring terms of the "Fuzzy-Wuzzies", praising their bravery which, although insufficient to defeat the British, did at least enable them to boast of having "broken the square"—an achievement which few other British foes could claim.

Don't know about bears...

Edited by dru2

Women motorcycle cops in Japan can ride circles around the best of us. These tiny women push big 750 Hondas around the tightest slalom courses at speeds I don't like to ride straight roads!

Can't see why the Thai women couldn't do the same. Check out the woman at 07:02 seconds;

After 40 years on a bike, with American Motorcycle Assoc. classes, four days at the California Superbike School, and the Swiss Alpine Racing School, I thought I could ride. Wrong.

So I signed up for a three-week 8-hours a day motorcycle school in Japan. NOW I can ride a motorcycle, If the Japanese can teach me, and their tiny women how to handle a big bike (and picking up a fallen bike IS required for the Japanese bike license exam) the Thai women certainly can learn to ride!

Well that was certainly impressive. Not having any expertise on this kind of thing I was wondering if the roll bars served any purpose other than a psychological one?