What is it about some Men who Bring Thai women to the UK

Thongkorn

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because he says she is working so she can pay for her own thing

Don't understand your point. She has a job so why not pay for her own things????

Normally Thai women who have married a foreigner for money expect him to pay for everything and keep the money they earn for themselves.

Come to think of it, a lot of English women do that too.

You mean the ones with the massive gap....20 year old chick with 50 year old man type....You know the ones who married him cos he have a good heart and cos he a good man

Don't understand your point. She has a job so why not pay for her own things????

Normally Thai women who have married a foreigner for money expect him to pay for everything and keep the money they earn for themselves.

You mean the ones with the massive gap....20 year old chick with 50 year old man type....You know the ones who married him cos he have a good heart and cos he a good man

Are there other types?

I think its called Marriage,

no its called insecurity on the 50 year old man with his 20 year old chick. No excuse for this in the Uk where the Thai woman can get a job easily

Are there other types?

yes there are 20 year old chick's with 60 year old men who not are old but fat and bald as well :-)

no its called insecurity on the 50 year old man with his 20 year old chick. No excuse for this in the Uk where the Thai woman can get a job easily

Which is what this thread is really all about, younger Thai girl dumping old guy but trying not to return to Thailand

Which is what this thread is really all about, younger Thai girl dumping old guy but trying not to return to Thailand

true, so why the OP on his soap box about getting involved. Also he says lots of Thai couples....Where the h*** does he live Pattaya.

, She is 26 years old he is about 33, and they Live in the UK, to many people trying to change things But i always expected some Guys in denial of having any feelings towards A living person who happens to be a Thai female. I have never said Thai Couples i said there are lots of couples meaning Thai English. couples ,

Edited by Thongkorn

, She is 26 years old he is about 33, and they Live in the UK, to many people trying to change things But i always expected some Guys in denial of having any feelings towards A living person who happens to be a Thai female. I have never said Thai Couples i said there are lots of couples meaning Thai English. couples ,

Couples...Thai/English where do you live. Is it a ghetto/low class area or something....Why so many Thai girls

Fair enough,

But tell me, if you're that concerned, and really feel the need to do something, why not just buy her a ticket back to Thailand and drive her to the airport.

She has absolutely no right to remain in the UK if her marriage has failed.

And at 26 years old, has every chance back in her own country with her family.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Thoughts, yeah; solutions, not sure.

If she asked you for help you could tell her what she might do but you must be sure she's telling you the truth and that the advice you give her is appropriate and the options available to her, realistic. Maybe if you really want to help her, you could find these out on her behalf. Presumably evidence will be needed that constitutes a valid reason/s for divorce. What is it/are they? How does she get it/them? Can she leave him once she's obtained same and pursue the action living apart from him? Should she contact the police as soon as possible after a beating/assault has taken place?

You could, as other posters have suggested, alert her to the fact that physical violence from a partner is a serious issue in the U.K. and that the police, many of whom are female, are pretty good at recognising it and acting to protect the abused party. Would you be willing to approach the 'latest idiot', giving him a chance to reform?

Sounds like his reason/s for marrying were less than honourable if he's nipping back to Pattaya and abusing his partner. Could he be a misogynist, hating the fact that he needs and desires women and seeking to 'win' in order to compensate for his perceived failing. Very few heterosexual males beat the system - I can only think of one, who seemingly got the love he needed from his job and his mum and is now deceased; jockeying somewhere else.

I don't envy your predicament - have you sent e-mails to local solicitors, outlining the situation and expressing your concern; options, at least, may be forthcoming?

Good luck - Piers

P.S. If you're not somewhere in the Midlands or 'up north', I guess you're in either Southampton (Hampshire) or Waltham Abbey (Essex).

Fair enough,

But tell me, if you're that concerned, and really feel the need to do something, why not just buy her a ticket back to Thailand and drive her to the airport.

She has absolutely no right to remain in the UK if her marriage has failed.

And at 26 years old, has every chance back in her own country with her family.

Legally, she does have a right to remain if her marriage failed due to domestic abuse.

Mind your own business.

Break off all contact with the couple if you don't like what's happening.

Do the Thai way? Allow pig of man beat helpless wife and you do nothing? You allow injustice? If done to you, injustice OK? Never learned empathy? Famous saying: All that evil needs to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

Mind your own business.

Do the Thai way? Allow pig of man beat helpless wife and you do nothing? You allow injustice? If done to you, injustice OK? Never learned empathy? Famous saying: All that evil needs to flourish is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

read post #41

Many pitiful insecure men in the world,young and old.If this story is all true why cant she just up and leave?

you have no idea what he has told her, one assumes she comes from a poorer area of Thailand and the UK is her first trip/living overseas and knowing the distrust of the police in Thailand the general thai population have, he could easily tell her, he will have her jailed/killed if she leaves/ has held per passport etc. and from her frame of reference, she will believe him as she may well believe the police are the same the world over as in Thailand.

Is it all conceivable what she is going through is real ?....very much so, as mentioned in a earlier thread seen older men behaving in the similar manner in Thailand with verbal abuse of their younger wives and they come across as if the wives are "their" property, so god only knows what goes on behind closed doors at home.

Its very simplistic for everyone to say "just leave" but in cases like this never that simple

What you say about "how older men treat their thai ladies in thailand" is oh so true,i have seen it here myself,they are just insecure scum and would find it difficult to get away with their behaviour back home.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I read somewhere that the Thai embassy in London get an average of 18 Thai women every day wanting to go back home due to abuse. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Wonder if the Thai Embassy in London is as helpful as the British Embassy in Bangkok?

Since when was the British Embassy anywhere helpful?

My only comment is that if you get involved you can't back out when it gets dirty, so think it through. No one likes to watch an abusive relationship but it is their relationship not yours.

Very common for this to become a dangerous triangle, where the persecutor turns to the rescuer as his next victim. I'd help but find a way to keep arms-length.

Be careful here, as her Visa may depend on them living together as husband and wife. Getting her deported may stop the abuse from her husband but it may not be what she wants. She probably needs this job to help support her whole family. Best you research this yourself first before your good deeds causes a lot more problems for her.

true, so why the OP on his soap box about getting involved. Also he says lots of Thai couples....Where the h*** does he live Pattaya.

You two should just get a room already!

The OP, supposedly, is asking advice for a bad situation. You two are showing your anti Thai lady colors with little respect for the OP.

Sounds to me like you're both in the old, fat&bald brigade who have had bad experiences with the bar girls you married! biggrin.png

Bitter and twisted doesn't even begin to cover it.cheesy.gif

Most people have security cameras in the uk, and how do you even know any of the stuff she told you is true....If things are so bad why does she not just leave and go back to thailand. Sounds to me like she is starting to fabricate a story so she has grounds for divorce, take most of his money and stay in england and find a younger man, Hopefully he finds out while in thailand and begins divorce preceedings in thailand!!

Mind your own business.

What kind of advice is that?

You're the kind of friends I hope I never meet.

I can't believe anyone with a heart would say something like that. I hope you never need a real friend

If I was put in this position I would find out if there is a shelter for battered (abused) women in the area, or where the nearest one is. I think that they would be the best people to help this lady, they will have a better understanding of her situation than most people on here.

Another poster has already verified that the lady can get help with her visa if she is being abused, perhaps before jeopardising her visa position you should verify this information for yourself.

Bringing a woman to the UK, US, Canada, Australia etc, married or not can be the biggest and, maybe last mistake a sane male cam make - like letting a 4 year old into an unguarded candy shop ! Here they are satisfied with a warm shower, 300 B dress, ( new or used or even a motor bike but as soon as they hit Western shores, ( some sooner as they read sales mags on plane or boat ), their breathing becomes faster, but shallow as she dreams of, and sometimes visits : Michigan AVE., Saville Row, Park AV. or,

God forbid - Rodeo Drive, her eyeballs are then shaped like golf balls and she perspires as she rushes from store to store clutching your foolishly provided credit cards, ( at least 3 ), filling designer bag with uneeded

outrageously costly items while, simultaneously emptying your bank accounts !

Listen to me as I married migrated 2 as I being a millionaire THOUGHT I could well afford it but now as a pauper, ( seeking donations ), know I could not !

Mind your own business.

What a selfish and even cruel attitude!!! Aren't we human beings supposed to try and help each other when in in need??????

Most people have security cameras in the uk, and how do you even know any of the stuff she told you is true....If things are so bad why does she not just leave and go back to thailand. Sounds to me like she is starting to fabricate a story so she has grounds for divorce, take most of his money and stay in england and find a younger man, Hopefully he finds out while in thailand and begins divorce preceedings in thailand!!

I think you are a highly prejudiced man, who given the chance would act in a similar way to a Thai lady!

You two should just get a room already!

The OP, supposedly, is asking advice for a bad situation. You two are showing your anti Thai lady colors with little respect for the OP.

Sounds to me like you're both in the old, fat&bald brigade who have had bad experiences with the bar girls you married! biggrin.png

Bitter and twisted doesn't even begin to cover it.cheesy.gif

The op is asking for advice which has nothing to do with him...simple as that. My question was a simple one...why so many Thai girls in his area. In my area never seen one, nor do i want to see one. Leave them in Thailand where they are taught to stay in line