How well does your wife feed you?

People get over yourselves. Of course I feed myself at the table. This is about road trips and any of you who haven't had some food passed your way while driving, I suggest you aren't married to a Thai. Or not a very good one anyway.

Driving and eating are spiritually connected here, as is everything else and eating.

It is sad to think some people have never been in a relationship where their partner tries to make them feel special by doing little caring things like preparing food or feeding you while you are too busy to feed yourself. Sometimes it could be a massage, a facial, a special meal, a trip or something traditional like flowers or a card. Yes, my wife has bought flowers for me too. Making your partner feel special should be a pleasure and done as often as possible.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is one of those posts that is couched as a troll, but still reveals many home truths about the poster and fails to succeed at being either amusing or worthy of serious discussion.

i learned to feed myself when i was just a wee lad and have been managing to take responsibility for eating since then.

as for the dangerous mountain switchbacks and inappropriately sized fruit, why would you want to eat while driving under those conditions anyways?

has she quit peeling your grapes as well?

Revealing home truths? It is what it is. she brings food along.

The OP must be a monkey of some sort. Incapable of feeding himself.

Or the old wife finally realized you are not an empire anymore, just an idiot farang

Monkeys feed themselves very well. And she knew I wasn't an empire when she married me but she has a claim on me as a territory.

Edited by canuckamuck

I actually find it irritating. Here I am driving focussed on the road and all of a sudden I see something from corner of my left eye fast approaching my mouth. What is it? I ask? Don't worry just eat darling. I reply darling u know I cannot eat anything. Just ask me if I want to eat xyz first so a) I can get ready for the "Aeroplane" or B) I may so no thanks. She replies ok good more for me the. She's so cheeky. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

People get over yourselves. Of course I feed myself at the table. This is about road trips and any of you who haven't had some food passed your way while driving, I suggest you aren't married to a Thai. Or not a very good one anyway.

Driving and eating are spiritually connected here, as is everything else and eating.

It is sad to think some people have never been in a relationship where their partner tries to make them feel special by doing little caring things like preparing food or feeding you while you are too busy to feed yourself. Sometimes it could be a massage, a facial, a special meal, a trip or something traditional like flowers or a card. Yes, my wife has bought flowers for me too. Making your partner feel special should be a pleasure and done as often as possible.

We've only been together for three years and I don't drive when in Thailand so early days for us LOL

However, in a previous life with a long term English g/f, not only would she not offer me food whilst driving, she insisted that we stop for one hour for her to take her leisurely lunch, despite the fact that she had brought forward the day of the channel crossing by a day and we needed to be driving non-stop to achieve that! (Driving from the south of Spain to Calais).

My Thai wife constantly asks if I am hungry and often offers fruit

(though I now, thanks to this thread, appreciate that the grapes were not peeled!).

Finding ways to make my wife feel special is my top priority and that starts with total trust.

She reciprocates by doing everything she can to make me feel special.

Win Win!

Thanks for the topic canuckamuck, just what I needed to read on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Cheers

I had to stop mine feeding me while at the wheel, driving along the road and discovering a deep fried cockroach in my mouth proved a bit too dangerous.

i concur. I've been the victim of playing the complying good husband and just opening my mouth then realizing what went in was not welcomed. Out comes the tissue from her bag followed by a few sips of whatever drink I had in the console. Never again!!!!

Everyday she's cutting veggies or marinating some chicken or pork, before I even have my first and her coffee poured.

Always on long trips khao pat or the like eaten at a safe moment (like I use to roll joints, "keep you eyes on the road and

knees upon the wheel"!) and always something in the fridge. I can cook also, taught her to marinate and cook farang food, which she loves.

Dirty feet-hands and mosquitoes are her #1 enemy...........she's not Thai......Isaan

We don't do sex while driving anymore.

We don't do sex either in bed anymore........it's the facebook.

you are lucky......sex with the own wife is one of the most boring things. Specially after she got fat...

And I always read here that it are only the wifes in the west that get fat.

Lucky I didn't believe and didn't marry a Thai.

My issue with my better half is not one of the successful docking of food while driving, on the computer.......riding the bike, (with full face helmet) or doing something with both hands that requires some concentration. It's stopping her from trying to feed me.

I generally have a window of about 10 minutes from the last time I eat something were I'm safe'ish from being told I need to keep my strength up!

I don't get upset with her, I know its one of her ways she showing she loves me......But there are times I am ducking and weaving like a champion boxer dodging the incoming morsel of food.

Why do you need to be fed? Are you a baby? Yet ANOTHER farang idiot, <deleted>, in LOS. You're lucky a member of the opposite sex is even interested in you let aloned married to you... I hope she has a good sex life outside the marriage to compensate with having to be with you

Why do you need to be fed? Are you a baby? Yet ANOTHER farang idiot, <deleted>, in LOS. You're lucky a member of the opposite sex is even interested in you let aloned married to you... I hope she has a good sex life outside the marriage to compensate with having to be with you

Saucer of milk for one........Meeeeoooow!

Are y having a bad day?

My issue with my better half is not one of the successful docking of food while driving, on the computer.......riding the bike, (with full face helmet) or doing something with both hands that requires some concentration. It's stopping her from trying to feed me.

I generally have a window of about 10 minutes from the last time I eat something were I'm safe'ish from being told I need to keep my strength up!

I don't get upset with her, I know its one of her ways she showing she loves me......But there are times I am ducking and weaving like a champion boxer dodging the incoming morsel of food.

Oh, how we suffer LOL

If such are the only things of note, then you must be doing everything right!

Edited by laislica

I had to stop mine feeding me while at the wheel, driving along the road and discovering a deep fried cockroach in my mouth proved a bit too dangerous.

i concur. I've been the victim of playing the complying good husband and just opening my mouth then realizing what went in was not welcomed. Out comes the tissue from her bag followed by a few sips of whatever drink I had in the console. Never again!!!!

^^^ There might be some women that feel that way too.

To OP, did you cave in and eat the wedding cake?

I've never been married, but previous gf's were always attentive that I'm well fed (even though it's hot weather and I sit on my ass all day in front of a computer and don't need the calories, just the nutritional part).

Never been fed while driving though, DUI doesn't always work out well.

Edited by Shiver

lighten up. Are u on medication?

Ahhhhhh OP, you are complaining about the feeding......ask about sex and how it has changed through the years.........

It used to be hot......now she is more interested in her FaceBook, even when in bedsad.png

What has gone wrong with our wives?

Is it because there's no money, so no honey or little money, little honey? Maybe explains why many Thai men trade them in after they turn 35.

lighten up. Are u on medication?

Yes. Mr serious. Get that sack of potatoes of your shoulder. Your leg is being pulled. Lol

Ahhhhhh OP, you are complaining about the feeding......ask about sex and how it has changed through the years.........

It used to be hot......now she is more interested in her FaceBook, even when in bedsad.png

What has gone wrong with our wives?

Is it because there's no money, so no honey or little money, little honey? Maybe explains why many Thai men trade them in after they turn 35.

i trade mine at 30. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] so there is some chance for Thai men. Well at least for 5 years.

I would think that you guys who have no clue about being part of a normal Thai family would appreciate some honest illustrations of what goes on. It might not have occurred to you that the food is her idea. I am simply reciprocating the thoughtful gesture by receiving it.

Personally I don't mind waiting to get somewhere before I eat, but food is the central social element here and I do my best to not be the outsider at every junction.

WOW the hostility, so before branding someone and idiot of course your know the OP was being somewhat tongue in cheek with his post don't

you?...or are you from the other side of the pond as well and struggles with sarcasm ? s

All you have succeeded in doing with your little hissy fit is making yourself look like a complete tool..

remember this much dear boy, before calling someone an idiot and slagging someone off, it normally takes one to know one..wink.png