Finnish tourist beaten up by Britons

Thaivisa News

Seems Brits are just like Thais.. need to have it from numbers. (sorry the standard remark the expats make when its one on many so I do the same) Just to show its not only Thais but also Brits that are cowards.

The fin returned to the bar with a knife! sorry they have all stepped in as the maniac might have stabbed many.

The coward here was the fin.

And the catalyst for all was booze and another 40 year old teenager who should have gone home .

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems Brits are just like Thais.. need to have it from numbers. (sorry the standard remark the expats make when its one on many so I do the same) Just to show its not only Thais but also Brits that are cowards.

And Finnish need to bring knifes to a fist fight.

Just drunks having at it. no need to start getting xenophobic.

Where is Soi Talad Tonpho? Google brings up nothing

Not sure exactly but it could be somewhere near Rompho Market, which is on Jompthien Second Road, across from Soi 5, roughly.

Talad certainly means 'market' and I reckon that Tonpho is just a bad transliteration - or certainly not the one that we normally see.

DM

Ton is tree and po is almost certainly the Bodhi tree, the most sacred tree in Buddhism as it was under this tree the Lord Buddha meditated.ต้นโพธิ์ however it could be the sacred fig tree as transliterated that would be more accurate ต้นโพ - perhaps a walk through the market would solve the riddle!

So OK where they Scot's, Irish, Welsh or of course English.......not forgetting Jersey, Gurnsey, I.O.M and of course Canvey Islanders

Edited by Jiggo

The real villain here is alcohol.

Too many young punks from many nations come to Thailand because they know the bar owners are only concerned with profits and won't cut them off. "Come to Thailand and get laid and drunk and there are no penalties".

You've called it right Pilot Ed ! But it's not just "young punks" who consume too much alcohol, get drunk, become obnoxious, get into fights (and pickle their liver in the process).

Yeah sure. I am going to watch my friends get stabbed by drunk viking. Serves him right for bringing a knife to a an argument. Premeditated violence. He got what he deserved.

This kinda stuff happens in Finland every weekend, pretty common thing.

That sure must be one good way for happiness!

Finland is rated 6 in the happiness index ->>> http://www.livescience.com/50613-happiest-countries.html

Shows the reason people from the happy countries come and settle in the lesser ones???

Most of Scandinavia is a dismal, depressing, over regulated and over taxed dump.

That is my view and the view of my Scandinavian friends who have travelled.

Ok smart-ass, so if a guy comes at one of your friends with a KNIFE, you will let him be stabbed? Yeah, right....

Wait for the facts to come out before you start accusing people.

Seems Brits are just like Thais.. need to have it from numbers. (sorry the standard remark the expats make when its one on many so I do the same) Just to show its not only Thais but also Brits that are cowards

We call it queensbury rules old chap. Its called fighting with your first. Someone pulls out a knife and it is all hands on deck. There is where he crossed the line.

Ok smart-ass, so if a guy comes at one of your friends with a KNIFE, you will let him be stabbed? Yeah, right....

Thai apologists like "robblok" dont even read the facts before they reach for their keyboards.

Thai apologists like "robblok" dont even read the facts before they reach for their keyboards.

I wonder if TV member "robblock" would like to reconsider his post ?

The apologists are losing the plot on this one.

Scenario one. You are enjoying a drink

with a few Brit friends. One of your friends gets into a scuffle

with another customer, so you cheer him on and hope he wins.

Scenario two. You are enjoying a drink with a few Brit friends. A

lunatic comes in with a knife and attempts to stab one of your

friends . Do you then shout out Queensbury rules , tell your other

friends not to interfere, and hope your friend being attacked

does not get killed ?? Thought not..... To compare what

happened here, to what routinely happens on walking street with

a bunch of Thai bouncers kicking a former farang customer into

unconsciousness, is the height of illogical thinking....

If the Finnish guy had walked away (Not come back)

There would be no problem with Thais and Brits showing him the door...

...I would rather give an award to the person in that picture for the Hold-Up bra...!

Finally tracked down an update on the Pendlebury case -

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/819037-june-date-for-phuket-police-to-file-murder-case-against-australian/

Clearly, the Finn-Brit incident could have been much worse - whoever took the knife from him deserves a bravery award.

He's just a Brit hater mate....he doesn't like to let trivial things like waiting for the truth to emerge, it might ruin a good day's Brit-bashing for him...

For some unknown reason, he has claimed all Brits are cowards, a lot are dumbass, but NOT cowards.

Give your head a wobble!

Well to be fair,English is not their lingo,and it takes a lot longer for them to read a post and respond.. Also you cant blame them,,,

How would you feel if you lost 2 world wars,and the 1966 cup final?

The apologists are losing the plot on this one.

Scenario one. You are enjoying a drink

with a few Brit friends. One of your friends gets into a scuffle

with another customer, so you cheer him on and hope he wins.

Scenario two. You are enjoying a drink with a few Brit friends. A

lunatic comes in with a knife and attempts to stab one of your

friends . Do you then shout out Queensbury rules , tell your other

friends not to interfere, and hope your friend being attacked

does not get killed ?? Thought not..... To compare what

happened here, to what routinely happens on walking street with

a bunch of Thai bouncers kicking a former farang customer into

unconsciousness, is the height of illogical thinking....

Tell that to Roblock, he has deemed to assume a

Scenario 3,

You are enjoying a drink with a few Brit friends, one says " oh look a drunken Finnish man, let's all go and beat the crap out of him" "but we are cowards" shouts another "he's got a knife". "Let's beat him up anyway, knife or not"

For your information roblok, a coward would run away, not stand and dis-arm him, like they did.

Seems YOU need to read the full story before making your idiotic assumptions, this Finnish guy got all he deserved, I have highlighted the relevant part to make it easier for you....

TOURISTS IN BAR BRAWL

Click the link to watch this (and many other) TV news stories: http://www.pattayapeople.com/…/TOURISTS-IN-BAR-BRAWL_280420…

Dongtan police... in Jomtien were called out by the Sawang Boriboon Rescue Team on the evening of Monday, 27th April to attend to two male tourists who got involved in a brawl at a beer bar. At the bar, officers found a Finnish man in his 40s who suffered most injuries being attended to by the Sawang Boriboon after his fight with 4 drunken British tourists. It seems earlier he got into a row with the Brits and was told to leave the bar. But it seems he was a glutton for punishment as he later returned to the bar armed with a knife and soon began attacking the British tourists. This time they pounced on and disarmed the Finn and beat him up before leaving. Officers found the knife on the floor and impounded it as evidence and detained a drunken British tourist who was still drinking at the bar suspected of being involved in the incident. The case continues.

Edited by Jip66

Seems YOU need to read the full story before making your idiotic assumptions, this Finnish guy got all he deserved, I have highlighted the relevant part to make it easier for you....

TOURISTS IN BAR BRAWL

Click the link to watch this (and many other) TV news stories: http://www.pattayapeople.com//TOURISTS-IN-BAR-BRAWL_280420

Dongtan police... in Jomtien were called out by the Sawang Boriboon Rescue Team on the evening of Monday, 27th April to attend to two male tourists who got involved in a brawl at a beer bar. At the bar, officers found a Finnish man in his 40s who suffered most injuries being attended to by the Sawang Boriboon after his fight with 4 drunken British tourists. It seems earlier he got into a row with the Brits and was told to leave the bar. But it seems he was a glutton for punishment as he later returned to the bar armed with a knife and soon began attacking the British tourists. This time they pounced on and disarmed the Finn and beat him up before leaving. Officers found the knife on the floor and impounded it as evidence and detained a drunken British tourist who was still drinking at the bar suspected of being involved in the incident. The case continues.

Are Brits still cowards after reading that robblock? it is you who is the coward, derising a nation hiding behind your keyboard.

He's just a Brit hater mate....he doesn't like to let trivial things like waiting for the truth to emerge, it might ruin a good day's Brit-bashing for him...

For some unknown reason, he has claimed all Brits are cowards, a lot are dumbass, but NOT cowards.

Be careful......... I think he pumps iron.

That will make him brave.................. that, or his ego!

Seems odd to see Brit bashing. I always thought that was always reserved for the Americans...

Regarding Brits and fighting, think I will stick with what Rommel said to the captured British officers after the Siege of Tobruk during WW2, rather than keyboard warriors.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Erwin_Rommel

"Gentlemen, you have fought like lions and been led by donkeys."

Well that is a sign of intelligence. Go only into a fight if you are sure that you are win.....

Every Soi dog knows that. Real heros die young.

Sure.. but I always read on Thaivisa that Thais are cowards for attacking in groups, I wonder what reasons people have for changing that tune when people from their own country are involved.

The reason is obvious, and has already been stated - the Finn had a knife, and as such was intent on doing some serious harm. If it was the Brit who had the knife, and was intent on doing some serious harm to 4 Finns, I (and probably a lot of the Brit posters on here) would agree that the guy with the knife deserved a "bashing" - regardless of his nationality.