Farangs know nothing

colinneil

Thai culture is often at 180 degrees to the west, and this causes no end of grief for both parties of peoples.

Both look at the other - and ridicule them

Both are right

Both are wrong

But try to tell them that

Even me, even you

Cannot

Because perception is reality, and the other way around too

Funny how that works every time

Just ask the Arabs and the Jews

Or the Thais and the farang

sad.png

• Like 2

Not as easy perhaps if you can't 'run about' yourself otherwise you could have insisted on your estimate of quantities and popped back to the builders merchants if it turned out that you needed more.

'Anyway, anyway', how was the job?

At least you'll get Buhn when you give the left over mat's to a neighbour!

Edited by piersbeckett

Experienced this myself the other day, but its someone else's problem now and when the unit they paid good money for no long powers up no doubt they will blame the Farang who tried to tell them that simply pulling the power plug out of the socket isnt the correct way to power it down. Its all in the extensive user manual which I have no doubt remains untouched - as I said, its all their problem now.

• Like 1

who is the boss in your house?,the wife ,the workers or you,

you knew you were correct in the quantities of materials you

needed,why did you not put your foot down,you were paying

i would think.

regards Worgeordie

Who is the boss in our house !! I am paralysed from the chest down. So i cannot get around to do things myself !!

• Like 1

Well, the good news, if anything like the builder yards around here, you can take the boards and concrete pole etc back and get that refunded. The excess sand/cement etc, well, guess your stuck with that.

In the past I always order the materials, and if anything order under slightly. easy to add a little but stuffed if over on things like sand/cement, unless you have more work coming up.

• Like 2

we are just having these 2 guest rooms built, i orderd all the materials, the builders like it that way,

im over on a few bags of cement and a little sand, but ill use them up doing something around here,

col mate if thats all you have to worry about you arnt having a bad life mate, enjoy your new veranda,

im having the 2 guest rooms built hopefully for paying guests to come and have a look at a thai falang working farm, and ask me questions on how to get things running with pigs,chickens ducks and fish, ive made a few mistakes along the way, maybe ill be able to help other not to,

can tell them the prices for building works ect,

we all know the score man meets girl and they want to start a farm, well come and stay here for a week or 2 to see if its your kind of life,,lol

take care all

jake

Jake i would love to come, only 1 snag!! You have wheelchair access?

As i am now paralysed from the chest down, it is difficult to go anywhere.

who is the boss in your house?,the wife ,the workers or you,

you knew you were correct in the quantities of materials you

needed,why did you not put your foot down,you were paying

i would think.

regards Worgeordie

Who is the boss in our house !! I am paralysed from the chest down. So i cannot get around to do things myself !!
Don't fall out with the wife or you will,be brown bread