Crazy Jing Jok !

Kerryd

So last night I'm watching something brain numbing on the TV when I noticed a flicker of movement out of the corner of my eye. A wee little jing jok, barely 2 inches (5 cms) from nose to tip of tail, landed on the TV stand. Hmmm - first thought was that he'd been on the fan and finally lost his grip but he would have had to been there for hours if that was the case.

Meh- whatever. Back to watching the TV. Barely 5 minutes later and again something flickers at the corner of my vision and sure enough, there's the little bugger again. This time he landed on the floor near my coffee table. OK - little bit weird. As I watched he scrambled towards a bookshelf and up the wall.

Holy crap on a bamboo stick if a few minutes later "plop" the little bugger again lands on the carpet a few feet away from his last landing ! Now I'm wondering <deleted> is going on ? Is he climbing up the walls and trying to cross the ceiling, only to be caught in the downdraft of the fan or what ?

Got the phone out and tried to take some pics but he's really tiny. The crazy little bugger did the same thing at least 2 more times before I turned the lights off and went to sleep.

Then tonight, sure enough. He's at it again ! He climbs to the top of the wall, scoots along for a bit, then launches himself into the air. So far (tonight) he's hit the TV stand (again) once and the floor twice (that I've seen). I don't know, maybe he thinks he was a bird, or a gymnast, in a previous life but he sure seems to be doing it on purpose. Watching him scoot up the wall, pause, look around, tail flicking then suddenly jump into space, it's almost like he's enjoying it ! For a little bugger like him to jump from that high up would be like a human jumping 40+ times his height (like what, 240' or 73 meters) !

Gives the phrase "Leapin' Lizards" (Little Orphan Annie) a new life !

11193314_10152885761394220_91452844924581975254_10152885761434220_90976307197209

10423810_10152885763464220_366426940141020488_10152885761439220_8001253703198881

• Like 1

I have very few expat friends, like 1 or maybe 2, or none, and am not looking for any more. I'ts partly cause I quit drinking beer, LOL..

But I just appreciate that you would take the time to post that Crazy Jing Jok..

I rarely post a new topic, because they're onto me (Thank God not literally) nowcheesy.gif

Cheers