Marriage visa question

After some extensive search on this forum, a few questions still remain.

According to the Thaivisa instructions of application, in this part:

Required documentation for applying visa in case of

• For supporting Thai wife
    1. Marriage Certificate
    2. Child’s birth certificate (if any)
    3. Wife’s house registration
    4. Wife’s identity card

Does the "Wife's house registration" actually has to be a house with deed and land in her name?

Would a condo be sufficient? What if it is just a rental?

The other question is about the work/money items. It says

In the case of Working

1. A copy of work permit or receiving work permit form ( WP.2 )
  2. Letter from the applicant’s company to certify salary that the applicant receives not less than 40,000 baht per month (identifier position and salary) or 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account, these funds must have been in the account for a minimum term of 2 months.
  3. Personal Corporation income Tax (PND.1) in latest 3 months and personal income tax for previous year with receipt

If I have the 400,000 in a Thai bank but do not work, what should I do about items 1 and 3?

I am considering getting a marriage visa, I've been with my girl for about 4 years now, but her house is in a Sor Por Kor land and not in her family name.

It is your wife's house book registry pages. She does not need to own the house or even live there.

You will need a rental contract for the the condo with a copy or your landlords house book and ID card attached.

If you have 400k baht in the bank you do not need anything relating to income.

• Like 1

Here is a rough guide. Things may be a little different where you apply.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.

Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)

Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is your wife's house book registry pages. She does not need to own the house or even live there.

You will need a rental contract for the the condo with a copy or your landlords house book and ID card attached.

If you have 400k baht in the bank you do not need anything relating to income.

Thanks a lot! This condo rental contract, could it be on my name? And does the contract have to be in an official format or just a signed piece of paper with the details (amount, names, period) be enough?

She will be in a House Book somewhere. Maybe her parents.

Thanks! I guess when she had her ID card done this was a required information, I'll ask her.

Guys,

For the Non Immigrant O visa based on marriage do I have to have the 400,000 in a Thai bank account or is that only for the Extension of Stay based on marriage ?

I want to get the O visa in Penang but all my money is sitting in a Malaysian account waiting for the AU/THB exchange rate to improve.

Cheers,

BB

• I was required 2 copies of all documents mentioned above. Proof of income the original copy notarized by my embassy plus 2 copies of proof of income. Each embassy is a little different in their requirements

it is best to ask the embassy you apply at what is required by them. Lets not forget the 2 copies of the TM 7 with 2 passport size pictures. They also came to my house to verify the witnesses next door and that

I did live with my wife. Your passport will be stamped with a under consideration stamp which is good until you get your visa.

Lite Beer, on 29 Apr 2015 - 07:26, said:

Here is a rough guide. Things may be a little different where you apply.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

Letter from your Thai Bank showing balance and up to date bank book.

OR.

If income from outside Thailand: Letter from your Embassy showing income. Now may also need proof of income as back up.

If Income from Thailand: Statements showing Income Tax receipts.

Marriage Certificate. (Kor Ror 3)

Marriage Registry entry. (Kor Ror 2)

Wife's Tabbien Baan and ID Card.

Your Passport.

Copies of everything.

Photos of you and your Wife in and around the house.

A map showing the way to your house.

Passport size photos and 1,900 Baht fee.

Take your Wife to be interviewed.

One or two witnesses may be required.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp.

Go back in a month and get the remainder.

We went for extension non imm "o" based on marriage two days ago and we were told we no longer need one or two witnesses because an immigration police officer will come to our house - in fact the appointment is already set : we were told this is a new regulation applicable for all Immigration Offices.

Ref to my above comment : I am sorry but my Thai wife informed me that my information is not totally correct.

The police man will come to our house but we need to arrange for two witnesses - with house registration in our area - to be present in our house !

cornishcarlos, on 30 Apr 2015 - 16:07, said:

Are you applying for a visa based on marriage or an extension based on marriage ?

It makes a big difference...

Any visa (including based on marriage) can only be issued outside Thailand at a Thai Embassy or Consulate

An extension of any visa (including based on marriage) can only be done at an Immigration Office in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your replies.

Another question: They say that in order to obtain a marriage visa, you must have entered Thailand with a Non-O visa. Does a 90-day visa exempt entry qualify as that?

Edited by FarangFB

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Another question: They say that in order to obtain a marriage visa, you must have entered Thailand with a Non-O visa. Does a 90-day visa exempt entry qualify as that?

There is no "marriage visa" to be obtained in Thailand .

Perhaps you are seeking something else ?

No

You have to have a non-o visa issued by an embassy or consulate to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage (it is not a visa).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So far so good, I got the paper from my embassy and the next step is to actually get married (probably in Khet Bangrak)

Here are a few additional questions:

- I've heard two different things about the Affirmation letter from embassy: some sources tell me that it needs to be (officially) translated to Thai, while others say that the original one in English will be sufficient if getting married in Khet Bangrak

- I am a bit confused about "house" when providing the map and photos with wife - is it the condo I live in Pattaya or the actual Isaan house that is on the Tabien Baan?

- When obtaining the non-o visa abroad (Hong Kong) is it easier for me to just ask for a tourist visa (I can show a flight back to my country if needed) or tell them the whole story and show marriage papers?

I don't think any Khet or Amphoe would accept the affirmation in English. It must be translated and the translation certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Just a bit of different wording between house and condo.. Everything will be for your condo. You will need proof of residency for it also.

It would be best to get non-o visa and there will be not explanations needed to get it. Just have your marriage certificate and a copy. Plus signed copies of you wife's house book registry and ID card.

• Like 1

Ref to my above comment : I am sorry but my Thai wife informed me that my information is not totally correct.

The police man will come to our house but we need to arrange for two witnesses - with house registration in our area - to be present in our house !

When the immigration officer came to my house (for my first extension) He turned up looking rough as, in a 'Harley Davidson' T-Shirt and hassled me for tea money!

I'm wondering if the officer(s) comes to the house again for the 2nd extension?

My 2nd extension is nearly due and I don't really want to see that fat bloke in the Harley T-shirt again......

When the immigration officer came to my house (for my first extension) He turned up looking rough as, in a 'Harley Davidson' T-Shirt and hassled me for tea money!

I'm wondering if the officer(s) comes to the house again for the 2nd extension?

My 2nd extension is nearly due and I don't really want to see that fat bloke in the Harley T-shirt again......

Normally the home visit is only done for the first extension.