Tidal brings high quality music streaming to users in Thailand

thai tech

Tidal brings high quality music streaming to users in Thailand

tidal-logo-700x336.png

Tidal is a new high fidelity music streaming platform backed by superstar rapper turned businessman Jay Z, along with fifteen of his superstar mates, who also happen to be some of the biggest names in music.

The service, which will compete against likes of Spotify, Pandora, iTunes, YouTube, Deezer and others, promises “the first music streaming service that combines the best High Fidelity sound quality, High Definition music videos and expertly Curated Editorial.”

It’s main selling point is that it offers enhanced “lossless” sound quality, exclusive tracks and content from artists, however, this comes at price.

Tidal launches in Thailand on April 30th, 3pm Bangkok time.

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/tidal-brings-high-quality-music-streaming-to-users-in-thailand/9844/

Well, this is good news, I guess, in the sense that it means one more international streaming service is available here. But having a bunch of celebrity investors does not impress me, in fact it totally turns me off, they're rich enough already. I'd rather be using Spotify, but geoip blocks prevent me from using the service easily. At this point, I've been downloading or torrenting music (for lack of alternatives) for so long that it's just become a habit now, and a hard habit to break.

Well, this is good news, I guess, in the sense that it means one more international streaming service is available here. But having a bunch of celebrity investors does not impress me, in fact it totally turns me off, they're rich enough already. I'd rather be using Spotify, but geoip blocks prevent me from using the service easily. At this point, I've been downloading or torrenting music (for lack of alternatives) for so long that it's just become a habit now, and a hard habit to break.

If you can't use Spotify, Deezer is a similar app that I use that does here.

I've just been listening to a selection of tracks on my JBL studio monitors - the sound quality lives up to the hype.

The UI I'm not so sure about, and there's some surprising holes in the library for a service that pitches itself to audiophiles...

But I don't want to listen to any of the utter rubbish he puts out.

I'm yet to see a Jay Z tune in it wink.png

I'm not sure just how many tunes it has, but it's a lot.

Give me some titles and artists and I'll look them up smile.png

Edited by IMHO

Music Streaming Service TIDAL Launches in Thailand

tidal-696x336.jpg

Global music service TIDAL is now available in Thailand. TIDAL offers 25 million songs and over 75,000 high quality videos, high fidelity sound quality, expertly curated content and editorial, and unique user experiences.

TIDAL gives its members access to exclusive music, videos, tickets, merchandise and experiences that you can’t find anywhere else.

TIDAL has two pricing tiers: either THB 179 or THB 358 a month. Both pricing levels come with the same access to exclusive content and experiences, and the THB 358 tier has the added benefit of high fidelity sound, delivering the music to your ears the way the artists and producers intended it to be heard. There is no compression of the files, and the music is CD-level quality.

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/music-streaming-service-tidal-launches-in-thailand/10048/