Supplier of box blade or rear blades for tractors in Thailand

Jacksin

Without getting myself enrolled with intellectual property rights, find a design then take it to a local agriculture engineering firm, and they will make one for you.

The one that they make will be a simple version,as the JD one in the photo uses Hydraulics.

Unless it is a small ,new,New Holland tractor,an old Ford ,or an JD, fitted with spool valves ,it will not be easy to use , as a lot of imported small tractors do not have spool valves fitted as standard , spool valves can be fitted to imported tractors from Japan,. a local guy should be able to do it for you

Have a word with TV's farmerjo,he was useing one last week.

Rear blades will be easier ,as a lot of dairy farmers use them to to clear muck in cattle yards ,they are all made locally.

As scarce as rocking horse droppings! I was thinking of making a frame to mount a front blade on the back using the hydraulics for up down and a lever for adjusting the sweep of the blade....no tilt though! My BIL is willing to let me borrow his front blade to experiment with.

attachicon.gif1370574685097 (2) (640x480).jpg

Had this one made thru a local machinery dealer with the help of some pics from another member on here.

I like it ,nothing to go wrong,simple ,good for a country like Thailand.

Are legs ordinary mild steel bar,or high tensile steel,same with the tines.

But ,myself I would prefer a dutch harrow,with the crumbler bar,I made one( not as good as this one) but it works well ,if the conditions are right a 3 disc plough then the harrow ,will produce a good seed bed.

m8AsJ_nG-zxzP29-l5hpr7g.jpg

Had this one made thru a local machinery dealer with the help of some pics from another member on here.

But ,myself I would prefer a dutch harrow,with the crumbler bar,I made one( not as good as this one) but it works well ,if the conditions are right a 3 disc plough then the harrow ,will produce a good seed bed.

Hi KS,

The tynes on mine are only mild steel and have bent a few in a rocky piece.

That dutch harrow looks just the trick,wider pass than a 7 disc plough and would take all the ridges out.thumbsup.gif

First time i've seen one.

Hi KS,

That dutch harrow looks just the trick,wider pass than a 7 disc plough and would take all the ridges out.thumbsup.gif

Have a look at google lots on there, a lot are too big for Thailand,this one comes from ebay .

You are correct they are good after a7 disc plough ,or on sand land after a 3 disc, plough,almost instant seed bed,in the right conditions.

But if the land is a bit heavy and wet ,they tend to block up.

I would prefer one to a box scraper,for the main reason ,I would be bothered that the scraper would,would scrape the surface ,and leave a pan ,water could not penetrate through.

They must be an Australian and American thing, as I have never seen one in the uk,unless they are a new thing that I had missed.

Some time ago talking to a local farmer about subsoiler he said ,that he liked the idea of a subsoiler,but was bothered that the blade,make from mild steel would bend/twist,then he said that some of the machinery dealers in Chonburi,sell legs for sub soilers made from high tensile steel(I think Lec-Lor in Thai).all so the price put him off being imported, wondered if they sold short legs for a box scraper,or something that might do/fit.

Thank you all for the replies,

I should have mentioned that the main purpose is to maintain exploration and forestry access tracks in Laos. Need to pull dirt from side drain back onto the crown and also clean out the cut-out drains.

I am surprised that the are not in wider usage for road maintenance in LOS.

Box blades also good for cut and filling in the deep wheel ruts from all the tok toks that get through anything but leave the road badly cut up.

Thank you all for the replies,

I should have mentioned that the main purpose is to maintain exploration and forestry access tracks in Laos. Need to pull dirt from side drain back onto the crown and also clean out the cut-out drains.

I am surprised that the are not in wider usage for road maintenance in LOS.

Box blades also good for cut and filling in the deep wheel ruts from all the tok toks that get through anything but leave the road badly cut up.

In that case,there's a john deere dealer about half way into town from the friendship bridge.

They maybe able to help.

All our back roads in los are done just by normal blade on front of tractor so you could imagine the state of them with no camber.

Unfortunately graders are avalible but there would be no back handers to get one of them.

Edited by farmerjo

Hi KS,

Have a look at google lots on there, a lot are too big for Thailand,this one comes from ebay .

You are correct they are good after a7 disc plough ,or on sand land after a 3 disc, plough,almost instant seed bed,in the right conditions.

But if the land is a bit heavy and wet ,they tend to block up.

I would prefer one to a box scraper,for the main reason ,I would be bothered that the scraper would,would scrape the surface ,and leave a pan ,water could not penetrate through.

They must be an Australian and American thing, as I have never seen one in the uk,unless they are a new thing that I had missed.

Some time ago talking to a local farmer about subsoiler he said ,that he liked the idea of a subsoiler,but was bothered that the blade,make from mild steel would bend/twist,then he said that some of the machinery dealers in Chonburi,sell legs for sub soilers made from high tensile steel(I think Lec-Lor in Thai).all so the price put him off being imported, wondered if they sold short legs for a box scraper,or something that might do/fit.

hi kickstart,

you could always temper the steel, easy process, and will make the mild steel more hardwearing and stronger,

i understand john deere has opened severl dealerships, bringing in importing disassembled machinery, including tractors which have been rebuilt and checked out thus a warrenty is given,

might look at that route

Edited by slapout