PATTAYA ONE NEWS

gillap

Hello everybody...does anyone watch this borring repetitious Pattaya One News?

On BTV cable there was one only 1 English movie channel and they took that over showing

their borring stuff 5 times a day and now I am with TMN and they have done the same thing

with channel 64. TMN used to have 2 English full time movie channels and now 64 is lost

most of the day to this annoying Pattaya One!! Why do they bother making such programming

of which I can't believe many farang watch, certainly not any Thais! Any comments?

• Like 2

Couldn't agree more, the news Bods claim that they have the latest news is just as unbelievable as their boring adverts for cafes, bars and restaurants,

It could be me but would you wish to deal with any of those being interviewed in those sales videos they make.

Dont they ever think that a young fresh attractive and articulate person would be better than the people they are using to sell these services?

Well thats how it appears to me at least and the announcers claim (Ha Ha Ha Ha) that they update the latest news is about on a par with the poor quality and extremely unprofessional sales videos.

• Like 1

Get true visions and stop yer moanin!

If you got a decent internet connection, subscribe to one of the misc IPTV offerings (like ExPat TV, 365sport etc.).

I would neither spend a Baht on this dreadful cable TVs nor on True Vision.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yes it's poorly scripted, badly voiced and presented and has the production values of a kids home movie. But in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king. You would have hoped that after 15 or more years TV aimed at English speaking expats and tourists would be more professional. Unfortunately not it is nearly as inane and pointless as some of the Thai channels.. To me it's on a level with the condisending 'special today' announcements in HomePro.

• Like 1

I read you KhunBenq...when you say decent internet cnx what do you imply,,. I've got 3bb basics right now...so far on Youtube streaming it's good enough, however for

tv streaming I don't know...I'll give it a try when my 3 months are finished with TMN! Thanks for the tip!

A standard 3BB internet connection is fully sufficient for IPTV offerings based in/targeted for Thailand like the above mentioned.

These services do not suffer from bottlenecks of international connections.

They are streaming from Bangkok.

I had tested both Expat TV and 365sport TV when I was on a standard ToT 7 Mbit/s line (now on a 30 MBit. fibre).

(I myself use a German language service for 1000 Baht/month, about 50 channels, 14 day backwards, can be recorded etc.)

Sorry for OT, i just got TMN Cable in my condo. Only one channel isn't working properly. Euronews (CH73). TMN told me they can't fix the problem. Do you get a proper signal for Euronews?

I agree it repeats for several days before new stories come out, but I like watching it. The little music jingle they play and the announcer just always reminds me of all my good vacations I have had in Pattaya. I watch the videos from their website when not in the LOS.