What to do with 40-60 tonnes of WOOD!?

Both types of trees are slow growing and very dense, therefore very heavy. To give you an idea, mai deng was used in the past as railway sleepers, now replaced by concrete. Both woods are highly priced, and REGULATED. This means that they can't be moved, not only from a province to another, but also from your property without having been processed, that is: made into some form of furniture or other product. If you own a resort, I suggest that you add another bungalow.

Edited by UdeBoCM

It has been air drying now for about 2 months SPW2015. I m going to see it today or tomorrow so I ll get pictures up. Lots of it were flooring and the outside walls of the houses were half log type! But very beautiful wood some of it and I would love to make it into flooring. There were also lots of full logs used as support for the houses. It's all different lengths and sizes but lots of long lengths approx 10 meters long

Are you sure that it's only been about 2 months?

That would mean that it's just been cut and for air dried wood you need about 1 year per 25mm thickness drying time before it's really usable.

If it was used for other things before then 2 months seems wrong

I am looking for a pice of "Mai Maka", 300x180x12cm. It has to be one solid plate, I pay you 35 000฿, delivered to my place.

10 feet by just over 6 feet by almost 5 inches for about $1300.00. That's well under .7 cu meter and sounds high to me but I've been wrong before.

Beautiful piece of wood if you can find it though.

Pcs23 - Selling your wood isn't a problem as there are many that will

gladly negotiate a viable sale. The problem is moving it. Without the

proper paperwork/stamps and signatures it will never get past the ever

present highway checkpoints. There is a very good chance the wood

can/will be confiscated anywhere between point A (sale) and point B

(destination). I suggest you contact the proper legal avenues before

someone is really disappointed. Also, See Post #12 @ impulse.

Edited by Dap

That could make you a bunch of really dense charcoal if you have some spare land that you don't every plan on growing anything on again. Half you villagers could probably show you how to do it.

That'll solve the problem of it being confiscated and your girlfriend tossed in jail if she doesn't have the proper paperwork for owning it. Now, if she has the proper paperwork...different story. Seller's market.

Edited by connda

Hi guys again . Im not sure if I would be able to sell it yet as its not organized that well for people to see exactly what's there. I was there yesterday and took some photos which I ll include herepost-202816-143070897325_thumb.jpgpost-202816-14307090750258_thumb.jpg

Hi,

where are you located?

We are interested to buy.

Please call me at 0869238228.

Thank you.

Alan Yeo (Projects & Export Manager)

Indochine Decor Limited Partnership
Indochine Development Company Limited
Office, Showrooms, Factory & Warehousing :
32 - 32/2, Moo 2, Tambon Onkang,
Amphur Mae On, Chiang Mai 50130,
Thailand
Indochine Industries Limited Partnership
Saw Mill : Highway 13, Vang Vieng,
Vientiane, Laos
Tel : +66-53-859125 Thailand (+66) (GMT +7:00) Bangkok, Thailand
Fax : +66-53-859478
Mobile : +66-86-9238228 ; +66-89-7558338
Mail : [email protected] ; [email protected]
http://www.indochine-decor.com
http://www.indochine-industries.com
http://www.indochine-development.com
Furniture, Built-in Cabinets/Wardrobes, Kitchens & Interiors – Manufacturer & Exporter
Lumber, Doors, Windows, Flooring, Decking & Architectural Timber Structures – Manufacturer & Exporter
Renovation & Construction – Interior Design and Manufacture
Design & Build - Luxury Residences & Interiors
Property Development & Holdings
Get used to quality

I am looking for a pice of "Mai Maka", 300x180x12cm. It has to be one solid plate, I pay you 35 000฿, delivered to my place.

10 feet by just over 6 feet by almost 5 inches for about $1300.00. That's well under .7 cu meter and sounds high to me but I've been wrong before.

Beautiful piece of wood if you can find it though.

I live on a Greek island, so prices are somewhat higher here than on the mainland, but I recently bought some Teak for a job I'm doing on a yacht, and the price was € 9,800 per cubic metre. Mahogany (which is no longer genuine Mahogany, but a similar, not so good, but sustainable wood like Utile) runs out at about € 2,500 per cubic metre; American White Oak sells at € 2,200 per cubic metre.

So $1,300 for a single slab of genuine Mahogany that size would be a real bargain, if indeed you could find such a piece. Even if it was in two or three pieces, it would still be a bargain.

I didn't intend no insult when proposing to make charcoal from it . . . . as I had missed the note saying it is Mahi Maka.

We once faced the same situation when a structure built f Mahi Daeng was brought down on my GF's land. You just cannot sell or transport it without paperwork that has is 100% legal. These papers are often dealt only with tea money under the table. I would not risk anything in this direction, However here are a few members who gave you a vailid hint to circumvene the law. You are allowed to sell finished products made by this wood.

The slabs of Redwood were similar to those in your photo. We decided to make them into BEDS by ourselves as I have basic carpentering skills. BEDS are really easy to do, all you need is a planer, a jigsaw and a drill. It worked out well and we dispayed a sample bed at the steetside market along with photos of the others, and managed to sell them all. The average bed costs being 12,000 THB (just the frame).

Mahi Maka however is more valuable than redwood . . . . . made into veneer in many cases . . . . .but then there is the question, who in Thailand will coffer you a fair price. All the talk about how difficult it is to legalize each slab is another argument for the buyer to bring the price further down

there are some hidden treasures still laying around this country. we bought or should say furnished labor to tear dow a large house the owner did not want on his property, he called it (distracting eyesore) we ended up with 3 large trucks of 2 +inch thick teakwood planks which varied in width from 5 to 25 inches, the support logs , building beams, support beams all the same. we got it torn dow(carefully no damage) and moved quicker than the sun hit the horizen the next day.

my fil danced a jig for a week as he got something over on a fellow who considered himself sharper than the other village folk. a,mazing the fil kept it a secret instead of bragging to others.

• 2 years later...
On 5/1/2015 at 1:49 PM, Pcs23 said:

Hi guys ,

I am looking ideas about what to do with a large amount of wood that my girlfriend owns. The wood is "mai daeng" and Mai Maka" if that means anything to you. I dont know the names in English.

We dont want this wood to go to waste and would really appreciate ideas about what to do with it as it is now sitting up in a shed!.

Also any idea about how much its worth? per kg or per ton?

Look forward to your replies.

Hi guys - Im putting this ad back up again as I still have all this wood that I would like to sell now- going back to Ireland this year so would like to sell it before I go.

Looking forward to see what interest or advice you can offer.

Pete